Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 10:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The Monroe Institute conducts experiments into consciousness and scientists Targ and Puthoff also did experiments back in the 70's at Stanford Research Institute. There is probably quite a bit of evidence for there being something which is intelligent which exists outside of ourselves. Those people who have experienced this 'something' also claim to have met discarnate beings.

I know I go on about this a lot, but people who go out-of-body claim that we each have various multidimensional 'bodies' which are solid (just like we are in our Earthly 3D existence) in other realities. They claim that they can exit from this physical body and go to another reality where they are a solid in that reality as we are in this reality. This is not just one person writing about this, but all of those who claim they can do OBE claim the same thing.

The folks who believe there is blackness and nothingness after death, need to read up on the scientific and experimental literature on consciousness and see if they still feel the same way. I think our thinking is so limited that we cannot conceive of the type of environment we will experience when not in a physical 3D body.
I think you hit the nail on the head with this!!!

I think its the same way with 'time'...everyone who is alive knows what time is, we know what an minute feels like, an hour, a year, etc, once we die, there is NO MORE TIME, that is just something no one can possibly understand while they are still alive.

Its funny, I always hear people talking about hell, and how its only going to feel like an eternity, they go on and on about how we will be FOREVER, for eternity...but they do not consider that time does not exist here (so even if hell exists), it wont 'feel' like anything we are familiar with, basically it wont feel like 2 billion years or 2 seconds, it will be something else that is completely different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 10:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The problem is that I don't want your afterlife. I am content with nothing. I don't remember before I was born and I do not expect to remember after I die.

Since you admit that our human mind dies with us how are we supposed to know anything after death?
I used to work with this guy, we got to talking about death a few times, he always said he believes God will just let him 'sleep thru the afterlife', in some kind of eternal slumber. I would ask him, how can he be so sure God will grant his wish?

You and I are on the same page on this topic...I dont want that kind of afterlife either, I would prefer I just blink out of existence, no more feelings, thoughts, or anything!

However, I do not think we are going to slide by that easy though, I have a strong feeling there is a judgement of some kind after we die, I dont know if its anything like how organized religions say it will be...that is unlikely in my opinion, but there will be some kind of judgement and consequences for our actions while we were alive.

Look around at the world...its VERY clear how much evil is out there...that cannot be all mans doing on his own, there has to be 'something' at a higher level tempting or orchestrating this to some degree, just like I said above, I doubt its 'fallen angels' like the bible claims, but I do believe there is something greater than we are, pulling strings in our world, I think this is crystal clear if you look close enough.

Old 08-11-2020, 12:10 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The problem is that I don't want your afterlife. I am content with nothing. I don't remember before I was born and I do not expect to remember after I die.

Since you admit that our human mind dies with us how are we supposed to know anything after death?
We learn from those who have died regarding what is after the human death.
I appears you are trying to use the human element to explain what happens after death, and as I stated before, the human brain, and all consciousness dies with us when we pass.
It is the soul with in all of us that continues to live.

Perhaps if I use a simple example, you can better understand.

Let's say you bought a nice warm coat to comfort you in the cold winters.
You kept this coat for more years than you can remember,
The time comes when you decide to move to a warm climate, so you no longer need that warming coat.
You toss it in the trash can, and continue on with your life.
This is exactly what the soul with in us does.
When it no longer has need for the human body, it disengages from it at the time of death, then it goes about it's life in a different place.
We call that place the spirit world.
Because you can't fathom this world, to you it doesn't exist.

In your quote above, you state you don't remember before being born, and don't expect to remember after you die.
This is a normal reaction of the human brain.
We are not supposed to remember these things.
Our brain is not designed in that way, by design.
It is the life of the spirit after death that remembers those things.
To put it in a much simpler term, the spirit never dies.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:51 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
However, I do not think we are going to slide by that easy though, I have a strong feeling there is a judgement of some kind after we die, I dont know if its anything like how organized religions say it will be...that is unlikely in my opinion, but there will be some kind of judgement and consequences for our actions while we were alive.

Look around at the world...its VERY clear how much evil is out there...that cannot be all mans doing on his own, there has to be 'something' at a higher level tempting or orchestrating this to some degree, just like I said above, I doubt its 'fallen angels' like the bible claims, but I do believe there is something greater than we are, pulling strings in our world, I think this is crystal clear if you look close enough.
Similar to some others on here, I believe we are eternal spirit using a body to experience Earth life. Now on Earth, there are all kinds of 'evil' people (usually rich people) controlling others, but this is all just experience for the spirit which is on a timeless journey to develop and eventually merge with the creative energy from which it came.

Guilt comes from not being able to forgive yourself for past mistakes, but really it is all experience - neither 'good' not 'bad' in the scheme of things and you, your spirit, has learned from those experiences and grown. Be grateful for them and move on, because by forgiving yourself you develop a much better and healthier attitude to your future.

Many of the books I have read suggest that there are people who have got really caught up in their human beliefs and emotions which continue to play like a movie loop after death. If you are a gambler, then your movie loop will be gambling all the 'time'. If you are very religious, then your movie loop will be an endless round of church services, and pleasant places, people, etc... Also, there are supposed to be many, many spirits trapped in guilt loops which keep them from moving on into further learning situations, so do your best in this lifetime to dissolve any feelings of regret. This is heaven/hell experience until you get bored with the sameness of the conditions and start to question, which is when you are open to learning more.

All this means that anyone believing blackness will be in a black place with nothing but blackness until they start to realise they are conscious but nothing is happening. As soon as that happens, they will start to question their nothingness. "I am conscious and 'alive' but I am experiencing nothing but blackness, there must be more than this if I am conscious." And so they start looking around for something to happen, a light, a person, and gradually...it does.

It really doesn't matter if you believe in nothingness now, but it DOES matter that, if you find yourself in that situation, that you start to question how you can be 'dead' yet also conscious and then you start to look for more. That is your way out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal