Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 10:07 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,639,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The one time in my life I think I might have seen a ghost: It looked just like a regular guy. Nothing ooky-spooky about him.
I'd like you hear about that. What did he do? How do you know he wasn't just a "regular guy"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 10:11 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
I've had strange things happen on the first floor, the second floor, and up in the attic. Yep even in the basement. I think attics are just better for the TV shows. Mine is super scary on dark nights watching a thunder storm. Never mind that it has sent kids running and screaming out of there on two different occasions.

Old 08-13-2020, 11:17 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I'd like you hear about that. What did he do? How do you know he wasn't just a "regular guy"?
I was driving through a cemetery and saw a guy walking his dog. Perfectly normal looking guy walking a perfectly normal looking dog. I glanced away for a half second or less to check my path, and when I looked back, both guy and dog were gone.

They had been in the middle of the cemetery. There were no large monuments where they had been. They were a good 50+ yards from the edge of the woods. No bushes nearby. Nothing to hide behind. So a guy and his dog disappeared in less than a second.

What was it? A ghost?

I have no idea. I cannot explain it. It was just weird.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:36 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
I was driving through a cemetery and saw a guy walking his dog. Perfectly normal looking guy walking a perfectly normal looking dog. I glanced away for a half second or less to check my path, and when I looked back, both guy and dog were gone.

They had been in the middle of the cemetery. There were no large monuments where they had been. They were a good 50+ yards from the edge of the woods. No bushes nearby. Nothing to hide behind. So a guy and his dog disappeared in less than a second.

What was it? A ghost?

I have no idea. I cannot explain it. It was just weird.
Wow, that is interesting!

I would just be happy knowing you were able to see something like this, not everyone gets the chance to see these things, I dont know if its just totally random, or people of a 'certain type' see these things? Maybe there is some unknown 'trait' that we have, that others do not have and that is why we are able to see things like this.

Not really pertaining to 'ghosts', but I have always wanted to research into witnesses of other phenomena, like cryptids, UFOs, and see if there is any commonalities among witnesses, not really sure what I would be looking for, just something common that they all have.

Old 08-13-2020, 01:01 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I would just be happy knowing you were able to see something like this, not everyone gets the chance to see these things, I dont know if its just totally random, or people of a 'certain type' see these things? Maybe there is some unknown 'trait' that we have, that others do not have and that is why we are able to see things like this.
I have no idea. I drink too much coffee. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I do know that I have abnormal brain waves. I had to see a neurologist for occasional dizzy spells that were getting serious at one point. I don't understand all the medical-speak, but when my neurologist tried to put in in layman's terms for me, he said that "typical" brain waves look like mountains. Up, then down, with a sharp peak. Mine are more like plateaus. What that means ... I don't know. He did determine that I'm mildly synesthetic. I associate numbers with shapes and motion. Colors have weight in my head. I am hyper-sensitive to sound. But I don't smell music or anything like that.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:20 AM

4,210 posts, read 4,460,552 times
Spirits Rise
Spirits Fall
Attics
Basements
Haunted ALL

Seriously, it is the Literary / Hollywood use for those areas most perceptively unoccupied by residents so it gives off that "unknown vibe" to amplify any odd sensate experience.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:15 AM

4,868 posts, read 2,676,734 times
Quote:
Why Are Attics & Basements Often the Haunted Parts of the House?

because that's where the ghosts live..

Old 08-14-2020, 10:36 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
The guy I had in the house I used to rent walked through the dining room. He disappeared at the door that led to the basement. I never saw him down there. He wasn't transparent, but I couldn't see him head on, only out of my peripheral vision. Tall, thin man with a long dark coat and a hat. Seemed to be some kind of memory that was stuck in the house and replayed.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:16 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The guy I had in the house I used to rent walked through the dining room. He disappeared at the door that led to the basement. I never saw him down there. He wasn't transparent, but I couldn't see him head on, only out of my peripheral vision. Tall, thin man with a long dark coat and a hat. Seemed to be some kind of memory that was stuck in the house and replayed.
Sounds like "the hat man". I saw one directly, once many years ago.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:53 PM

1,938 posts, read 703,359 times
Quote:
They aren't. That's just in movies and TV.

Writers of fiction rightly recognize that attics and basements tend to be the parts of the house that most people find inherently creepy anyway. So that's where they put the creeps.

But in cases of genuine hauntings, it is the entire site.

I always found it funny that in movies and on tv, everyone's attic contain the same items; a trunk,
a large mirror, a birdcage, a floppy hat and the ever present - dress maker's bust!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal