Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 12:42 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times

Advertisements

I thought it looked like somebody in one of the old diving suits? But the enlarged screen shots leave me still guessing? I do not think elf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2020, 02:33 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Strange as it may be, I have read more than a few sightings/encounters of 'little people' or 'little elves', A podcast I listen to regularly now, called PRT (paranormal round table) with Josh Turner has done a few shows on these cryptids...

Usually its children that see these things and its usually over a period of time and then they dont talk about it until they get older, Josh Turner saw one at house he was staying at years ago, he said he would see it here and there out of the corner of his eye, but one time he did see it directly, it ran down the hallway and jumped 'into' a mirror and was gone, he claimed it was around 5-6" in height, looked to be humanoid, (had arms, legs, head), he also said it had clothing of some kind on.
Elves are not tiny. Elves are as tall or taller than humans. You're thinking of pixies or fairies.

Old 08-15-2020, 02:39 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,020,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Elves are not tiny. Elves are as tall or taller than humans. You're thinking of pixies or fairies.
Or hobbits. Or orcs. Or.....

Old 08-15-2020, 05:39 PM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
My enlargement appears to show an arm and a leg. Though I'm not so sure about the arm.

Couldn't post it.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:02 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Its someone with a tripod. No elves here. if you go to the Instagram link, its leads you to think its other wise but once you read the comments it all makes sense.

Old 08-15-2020, 11:05 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
From the still images posted above, this does not look like anything alive t all, in fact it looks too angular and square to be anything living. Not sure what the 'arms' or 'feet' are supposed to be resting on the ledge.

Bear in mind that the Irish have reported 'little people' for centuries and the Icelandic people still believe in them now too. Are these all imaginations and made-up stories? Fisheye would probably tell us so, which makes ALL Irish and ALL Icelanders hoaxers, liers, or mistaken. Thats a lot of people to make your enemies.

Old 08-16-2020, 04:58 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Shot in Iceland, near the capital city of the elves.

https://grapevine.is/news/2020/08/13...ed-in-iceland/

Wait. The elves have a capital city?

Old 08-16-2020, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
From the still images posted above, this does not look like anything alive t all, in fact it looks too angular and square to be anything living. Not sure what the 'arms' or 'feet' are supposed to be resting on the ledge.

Bear in mind that the Irish have reported 'little people' for centuries and the Icelandic people still believe in them now too. Are these all imaginations and made-up stories? Fisheye would probably tell us so, which makes ALL Irish and ALL Icelanders hoaxers, liers, or mistaken. Thats a lot of people to make your enemies.
I do not run around accusing people of lying. I do say that many can misidentify what they actually see. It's like the OP's picture that started us off going down this rabbit hole. Of course we get those that jump in without really knowing what they are seeing; but they still want to talk about elves. Then you want people to automatically hate anybody that questions. Supposedly UpstateJohn solved this mystery in his last post. But you would prefer to talk about the paranormal even when there is an explanation for what we see.

Old 08-16-2020, 06:08 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Talk about the paranormal - yes, but not about this particular 'mystery' in this thread.

I was just pointing out that little people are a cultural thing for some races, but you want to lump everyone together as mistaken, or hoaxers (hoaxing is essentially people lieing about the truth). So, I do not want everyone to hate you, where did I say that? I do want you to realise there is probably more to this reported paranormal phenomena than what you would like to believe.

I am sure there are some people in those two cultures who would take offence to your assertion that there is nothing to their beliefs in the 'little people'. Just dont go there and start talking about your beliefs or suggesting they are all crazy-people in the bars and clubs because I do not think you would be very popular. Thats what I meant, NOT that everyone should hate you.

Old 08-16-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Talk about the paranormal - yes, but not about this particular 'mystery' in this thread.

I was just pointing out that little people are a cultural thing for some races, but you want to lump everyone together as mistaken, or hoaxers (hoaxing is essentially people lieing about the truth). So, I do not want everyone to hate you, where did I say that? I do want you to realise there is probably more to this reported paranormal phenomena than what you would like to believe.

I am sure there are some people in those two cultures who would take offence to your assertion that there is nothing to their beliefs in the 'little people'. Just dont go there and start talking about your beliefs or suggesting they are all crazy-people in the bars and clubs because I do not think you would be very popular. Thats what I meant, NOT that everyone should hate you.
It is not a "reported paranormal phenomena" if there is a logical explanation. I have not accused native cultures of lying. I do ask for proof when people want us to believe what they believe. I also want believers to be able to separated hoaxes and misidentifications from real encounters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal