Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 06:42 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Was there an out-of-breath panting dog nearby? Anyway, this was close to home! Good footage.
Good footage of something we cannot see!

The question is if we feel this was caused by something not of our world or do we look for down to earth explanations? We do know that humans make bright lights. We know that humans make machines that can fly. We do know that humans are capable of creating hoaxes. We also know that aliens have to travel a very long way to get here. How likely is it that they flew that distance to shine a bright light at us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 06:53 PM

7,255 posts, read 5,126,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
It can't be the ISS or a satellite because of the brightness, because it changes direction, and because it lights up the background trees as it passes over them. Searchlights on police helicopters are movable so they don't always focus forward. Only problem with helicopter is the apparent lack of a sound from it.
Good call...It looked to me like it was just barely behind those trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

The question is if we feel this was caused by something not of our world or do we look for down to earth explanations? We do know that humans make bright lights. We know that humans make machines that can fly. We do know that humans are capable of creating hoaxes. We also know that aliens have to travel a very long way to get here. How likely is it that they flew that distance to shine a bright light at us?
Exactly...If they're smart enough to have technology that gets them here from their home many light yrs away, are they still too stupid to turn off their directional blinker after they make a turn?

Old 08-25-2020, 07:21 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,456,008 times
I'm guessing a smaller military drone exercise with operator playing a practical joke with the beacon mode on at low altitude in populated area to see how creative the threads discussing it would be. May even have thermal imaging on and saw man with dog and thought, 'hey, let's see how they react to us doing a flyby'. The cameraman's dog also seems an indicator it is not alien. It only breathed heavy which I'd interpret as no irregular behavior from the dog i.e. the dog that didn't bark.

I would say very low chance it was "aliens" unless maybe the 'grays' kept underground at Wright Patterson AFB were given a brief time out at night for fun.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:20 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
I'm guessing a smaller military drone exercise with operator playing a practical joke with the beacon mode on at low altitude in populated area to see how creative the threads discussing it would be.
Hobbyists also like to attach very bright LEDs to their drones. Amazingly bright LEDs. Unlike a spotlight, they're not directional:

https://youtu.be/QhOeky8yEow

Old 08-26-2020, 10:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:

And we also know there are 'strange aircraft' flying around in our skies, that cannot be identified, some of them appear to break the laws of physics...

Point is, its not like this phenomenon just started or its something totally new, these strange aircraft have been seen and reported numerous times, all over the world, from farmers and laborers to highly decorated military members.

Old 08-26-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
And we also know there are 'strange aircraft' flying around in our skies, that cannot be identified, some of them appear to break the laws of physics...

Point is, its not like this phenomenon just started or its something totally new, these strange aircraft have been seen and reported numerous times, all over the world, from farmers and laborers to highly decorated military members.
What strange phenomenon did we see in the OP's link? Did you see a 'strange aircraft'? All I saw was a light moving. Did you see the light breaking the laws of physics? I did not see that.

All I saw was something that could be explained because it could easily have been human made. If it was light outside maybe we could have seen the helicopter or drone or whatever we were looking at; but it was dark and we had nothing to see except for a light that was moving.

You get all worked up and think this points to proof that we are not alone? Of course we are not alone; there are 7 billion of us on our little blue ball!

Old 08-26-2020, 11:55 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Hobbyists also like to attach very bright LEDs to their drones. Amazingly bright LEDs. Unlike a spotlight, they're not directional:

https://youtu.be/QhOeky8yEow
Very cool. I want one.

I would have the coolest commute all winter long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At3xcj-pTjg

Old 08-26-2020, 01:06 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Very cool. I want one.

I would have the coolest commute all winter long.
OMG!!

Old 08-27-2020, 12:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
What strange phenomenon did we see in the OP's link? Did you see a 'strange aircraft'? All I saw was a light moving. Did you see the light breaking the laws of physics? I did not see that.

All I saw was something that could be explained because it could easily have been human made. If it was light outside maybe we could have seen the helicopter or drone or whatever we were looking at; but it was dark and we had nothing to see except for a light that was moving.

You get all worked up and think this points to proof that we are not alone? Of course we are not alone; there are 7 billion of us on our little blue ball!
No, not only because of this single report...its when I take the other 200K reports, that describe very similar aircraft....now, YES, that does make me believe there is probably something we are not aware of yet, flying in our skies...(When something walks and quacks like a duck...chances are...its a duck)

Im not even suggesting they came billions of light years to our planet...my belief is that they originate here on this planet!

Why its like this...I have no idea, my only guess is, thats the way it is and there is probably a good reason for the 'separation', maybe its in both our best interests that our civilizations remain separated, and/or one is not aware of the others presence. Certainly you have to agree that, its not always in the best interest of the person to know SOME details...right? I can think of a couple theories...if they were true...I would honestly be better off NOT ever knowing!

Old 08-27-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
No, not only because of this single report...its when I take the other 200K reports, that describe very similar aircraft....now, YES, that does make me believe there is probably something we are not aware of yet, flying in our skies...(When something walks and quacks like a duck...chances are...its a duck)

Im not even suggesting they came billions of light years to our planet...my belief is that they originate here on this planet!

Why its like this...I have no idea, my only guess is, thats the way it is and there is probably a good reason for the 'separation', maybe its in both our best interests that our civilizations remain separated, and/or one is not aware of the others presence. Certainly you have to agree that, its not always in the best interest of the person to know SOME details...right? I can think of a couple theories...if they were true...I would honestly be better off NOT ever knowing!
What similar aircraft? Did you see an aircraft? You must have great night vision!

Did you see anything that could not be explained? You are already going on about keeping our civilizations apart; what civilization? Did some judge proclaim that night lights have rights like we do?

Didn't you think the man in the video sounded a little over the top? Everybody goes around with their cameras pointed in the sky! Keep in mind when I question BF believers on why they did not take pictures the first response I get is that they did not think about it or they were too afraid. That doesn't seem to be the case with this film. He had his camera out and ready for the performance!

PS It was just like the photographers waiting for the shots of "The Human Flying Drone" above!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal