Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 01:44 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Parents and grandparents withhold information from kids for a lot of different reasons - particularly older generations. My mother had always been told she was Lithuanian (and went to a school in the mining town where she grew up where only Lithuanian was spoken in class), but her mother had 19th century Cossack boots and a rifle in her attic. She bothered her mother one day about their actually being Russian, and my grandmother snapped at her, "Yes, we are Russian, but we come from the GOOD Russians!" -- meaning I suppose loyal to the Tsar. There are similar secrets on the other side of my family.

It's probably going to continue to bother you until you can sit down with your dad and clear the air on the nature of the "secret". You may find that it's not as big a deal as you're imagining it to be.
Yep, my dad was adopted and my grandma REFUSED to say otherwise. I remember once saying, "I think I was adopted like my best friend because I don't really belong in this family." Such a scandal. It didn't come out until after she died. Dad was adopted. Mom's mother was adopted as well and it was never talked about. I guess that explains the feelings I had.

Anyway, OP, talk to your dad. This is going to bother you until you talk to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 10:19 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
I had a hypnosis session today and all I can say is I AM IMPRESSED!

It didnt feel anything like what I was expecting, it mostly felt like being purely relaxed, totally content in that moment, ( I was expecting something totally different), so it was a relief.

She sat beside me and asked me questions after I was 'under', a little bit came back to me, I slept on the top bunk in a bunk bed shared with my younger brother, starting about age of 6, apparently I was terrified of going to sleep laying on my stomach, and/or without a bunch of blankets covering me (my feet and butt especially).

Later on in the day, I remembered that I always slept with this really large stuffed dog, and sometimes I would place it over my body on top of the covers.

Im going to meet with her again this saturday, she said it will likely take multiple sessions to bring all these memories back to me, she told me she was interested in finding out why i was so terrified to sleep in a certain position and without a few blankets covering feet/ butt.

She also told me she could put me in a position to sort of be able to look around from my eyes (at that age), so I can pay attention and see what is going on, but she said I will need to prepare to reach this level of hypnosis (told me to fast, no medication, caffeine, etc a day before)...I dont think she is planning on doing that this saturday though, this would be later on down the road, after a few more sessions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal