Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 11:45 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Go to Google Earth maps at: 28 degrees 09'50.85" N and 82 degrees 05'56.34" W. The closest the program will let you get about 250' feet above the cows before it goes into 'street view'. The imagery in that shot is old taken on 12/11/18. Keep in mind that the plane that took those photographs was probably flying considerably higher and that is a digital enhancement.

The reason I choose Florida to zoom in on is because, according to BFRO, they have had 329 sighting. That makes it one of the states with the most sightings - but Washington State does have twice as many.

While you are using the Google Earth program take a good look at Florida. While it has some swamp land that is extremely difficult for humans to navigate; most of its forest are corralled by freeways, homes and farms. Google can 'see' the car in your driveway or the clothes hanging on your clothes-line - if the picture was taken the day they were there.

For privacy Google cannot get too close when they take those pictures. But that does not restrict private pilots and drone pilots from taking closer shots.

But you tell me, after taking a good look at the whole State of Florida with 'Earth' how one of your creatures could ever move around without being detected and I don't mean just a fleeting view. I could have pointed out many other areas to look at cows in the State; I see them all over the area. Also keep in mind that Florida has a major problem with feral pigs and it does have hunters out with thermal imaging scopes at night to deal with their problem.
Did you see any feral pigs in Florida on Google Earth? I believe the program uses filtering technology prior to publishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 11:58 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Did you see any feral pigs in Florida on Google Earth? I believe the program uses filtering technology prior to publishing.
I really did not look. Except that if you use Google they tell you that Florida has a major problem with the feral pigs like Texas. The cows stick out pretty good because you can see their shadow. If you do a 'Earth' search for the little town of Wildorado, Texas you can see thousands of cows all penned together. The smell can knock your socks off when you are tooling along on I-40 with your windows down and the wind blowing in your direction.

Cows are a little larger than wild hogs; but BF is supposedly taller!

Old 09-06-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Um, GoogleEarth uses satellites, not airplanes.
I am wrong; they just recently turned to all satellites. They used to display the date the pictures were taken on the bottom right side of their screen. Now the images of the US look like they are all dated 2020 and they all say Landsat/Copernicus. They do not give an exact date other than the year like the old airplane photos. To me it looks like the pictures of my house were taken in the late Spring when the flowers were on the Catalpa trees.

Old 09-07-2020, 01:36 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
The guy left out the part about the mushrooms.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
I am wrong; they just recently turned to all satellites. They used to display the date the pictures were taken on the bottom right side of their screen. Now the images of the US look like they are all dated 2020 and they all say Landsat/Copernicus. They do not give an exact date other than the year like the old airplane photos. To me it looks like the pictures of my house were taken in the late Spring when the flowers were on the Catalpa trees.
When I looked at my house on Earth view, the image was from 4-5 yrs ago, ( I could tell by the cars parked outside).

Im not sure how often images are updated, or if they are ever updated.

You mentioned being able to see cows by their shadow, but seeing a BF would be nearly impossible, even if it was walking out in the open...how could you determine the object was a BF and not some small tree, that just looked similar? I doubt there are large herds of BF gathered together, that would be easy to see them then! LOL

Old 09-07-2020, 09:21 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
My gosh, what a long slow story teller. I got bored and fast forwarded to 20 minutes in to find the actual siting.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
When I looked at my house on Earth view, the image was from 4-5 yrs ago, ( I could tell by the cars parked outside).

Im not sure how often images are updated, or if they are ever updated.

You mentioned being able to see cows by their shadow, but seeing a BF would be nearly impossible, even if it was walking out in the open...how could you determine the object was a BF and not some small tree, that just looked similar? I doubt there are large herds of BF gathered together, that would be easy to see them then! LOL
Look again, I just made the mistake of saying they were a mix of pictures and very recently they changed to all satellite. They now say all the pictures of the US were taken this year. I did not check out pictures of other countries.

It would be very hard to determine if you were looking at a Big Foot on the Earth program. Of course it is a still photograph and very easy to fool. But if you looked at terrain that humans are not supposed to be able to climb of move in; then it might point you in the right direction. You have one member that claims they use caves, so if you saw something large outside the cave; maybe that could be one? Of course my feeling is that you will never find one because they do not exist.

Old 09-07-2020, 11:50 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Look again, I just made the mistake of saying they were a mix of pictures and very recently they changed to all satellite. They now say all the pictures of the US were taken this year. I did not check out pictures of other countries.

It would be very hard to determine if you were looking at a Big Foot on the Earth program. Of course it is a still photograph and very easy to fool. But if you looked at terrain that humans are not supposed to be able to climb of move in; then it might point you in the right direction. You have one member that claims they use caves, so if you saw something large outside the cave; maybe that could be one? Of course my feeling is that you will never find one because they do not exist.
I just looked at my house. The overhead is from this spring with no date I could find. I live on a corner lot. The street view from the east is from Sept 2011 and the one from the south side is from Sept 2016.

Old 09-07-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I just looked at my house. The overhead is from this spring with no date I could find. I live on a corner lot. The street view from the east is from Sept 2011 and the one from the south side is from Sept 2016.
I guess the satellites are having one heck of a problem with those street views!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal