Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 09:39 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,487,028 times

Advertisements

Cows can see 400 yards or better.

Wow. IMHO UFO's are demons. Demons are very, very, very powerful and have all the time in the world to mess with people's minds. Satan isn't named the Great Deceiver for nothing. I would never call him stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 02:13 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,665,340 times
Lightbulb skunk ape? Dogs in particular are smell-oriented

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont know much about cows or the sounds they make, but my idea was to have a guy dress up like a Sasquatch and see if a herd of cattle react or not. I think doing the same thing but involving cats and dogs would also be worth the effort, I have read multiple times, that dogs and cats will act in certain ways when a Sasquatch is around, ( I know for a fact, they react to howling sounds) and the reaction is different from a normal dog or wolf howling. Its almost like dogs, cats, cattle (and possibly other animals) have an 'instinctual fear' of these creatures, built into them...Id like to put that to the test and see what happens.
Don't neglect the possibility that animals are reacting to their heightened sense of smell -- Sasquatch reportedly have a distinctive stench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Cattle can smell predators
The skunk ape of Florida supposedly smells more putrid than predatory?

Old 09-14-2020, 05:38 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
I understood as Sam said that tigers and other animals use infrasound to evoke fear in their victims/prey or to immobilize them.

Quote:
. In the fantasy world it uses the description of a real weapon. At extremely high sound pressure "infrasound" can disorient humans.
Not in the fantasy world, unless you are referring to the government and university labs. It is well known that the government have done extensive testing on sound projection of different frequencies both high and very low too. They have found that they can use frequencies for crowd control (losing control of bowels) and for weaponizing it. There have been numerous papers written by scientists about this.

Somehow, I dont see cows having a heightened sense of smell, but maybe they do. Anyway, the cow concerned was unlikely to be able to smell the UFO in the case I cited. However, it is true that people often report terrible smells when BF is nearby. We used to call outgasing 'The Bad Beers' when we were out drinking.

Old 09-14-2020, 06:21 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,665,340 times
Talking With such a small nose, how do Sasquatch smell? Horrible!

Cows are sensitive to high pitched sounds, maybe that explains the UFO panic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Somehow, I dont see cows having a heightened sense of smell, but maybe they do. ...However, it is true that people often report terrible smells when BF is nearby.
Many prey species (cows, horses, etc) have acute olfactory abilities, and are particularly sensitive to the scent of blood, death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olfactory Sense in Different Animals
Olfaction plays a major role in general animal awareness... Size of the nasal epithelium is a good indicator of the degree of an animal’s sense of smell because the number of olfactory receptor cells per unit surface area is a constant. Long–nosed mammals such as horses, cattle and sheep, olfactory senses are likely to be well developed.
With the descriptions of nose shapes (flat and/or small), we can assume that bigfoot, like humans, have a weak sense of smell.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:34 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,675,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I understood as Sam said that tigers and other animals use infrasound to evoke fear in their victims/prey or to immobilize them.

Not in the fantasy world, unless you are referring to the government and university labs. It is well known that the government have done extensive testing on sound projection of different frequencies both high and very low too. They have found that they can use frequencies for crowd control (losing control of bowels) and for weaponizing it. There have been numerous papers written by scientists about this.

Somehow, I dont see cows having a heightened sense of smell, but maybe they do. Anyway, the cow concerned was unlikely to be able to smell the UFO in the case I cited. However, it is true that people often report terrible smells when BF is nearby. We used to call outgasing 'The Bad Beers' when we were out drinking.
In my research infrasound is used by animals for communication over long distances. I never seen a single reference from a animal using it to provoke fear in any way.

By fantasy world I mean bigfoot, dogman, cartoons, and science fiction heroes and villains. In some circles they are called screamers.

In the bigfoot and dogman world a lot of times it is misidentified because they say infrasound then describe it as being done mentally.

Yes there are real infrasound weapons. They use a lot of power because if the extremely high level of pressure(sound we can't hear) needed to get results on humans.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:43 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I found a new Kentucky Bigfoot website and have been reading thru a bunch of reports from my state over the years, A few of them involved cattle reacting to a supposed Sasquatch near their pasture, According to the witnesses, the cattle ran the other way and they started making a 'screaming' type noise that this person has never heard a cow make before.

I dont know much about cows or the sounds they make, but my idea was to have a guy dress up like a Sasquatch and see if a herd of cattle react or not. I think doing the same thing but involving cats and dogs would also be worth the effort, I have read multiple times, that dogs and cats will act in certain ways when a Sasquatch is around, ( I know for a fact, they react to howling sounds) and the reaction is different from a normal dog or wolf howling. Its almost like dogs, cats, cattle (and possibly other animals) have an 'instinctual fear' of these creatures, built into them...Id like to put that to the test and see what happens.

Maybe even a guy wearing a Ghillie suit would be Sasquatch-like enough to fool them?!

What do you all think?
I would say no. Because at the end of it, it’s a guy in a suit. It would probably smell to them like a guy in a suit.

Cows do have excellent senses of smell.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:58 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I would say no. Because at the end of it, it’s a guy in a suit. It would probably smell to them like a guy in a suit.

Cows do have excellent senses of smell.
Yes, I wondered about the smell factor, it is possible the cows would sense its a human and just go about their business, although I remember a dog I had years ago, whenever I put on a motorcycle helmet, it was like he forgot who I was, and he started acting aggressive towards me, barking and growling at me, as soon as took it off, he stopped and got loving and playful instantly! (how he was normally).

I would like to try this though, with a few different dogs and herds of cows. I would stand far away from them, like around 80-100 yards away and just start walking around, not necessarily walking in their direction.

Im going to check into where I can possibly rent a good quality monkey suit or at the least, a good mask.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:20 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
In my research infrasound is used by animals for communication over long distances. I never seen a single reference from a animal using it to provoke fear in any way.

By fantasy world I mean bigfoot, dogman, cartoons, and science fiction heroes and villains. In some circles they are called screamers.

In the bigfoot and dogman world a lot of times it is misidentified because they say infrasound then describe it as being done mentally.

Yes there are real infrasound weapons. They use a lot of power because if the extremely high level of pressure(sound we can't hear) needed to get results on humans.
Why do all the animals go totally silent at times when BF are around? I suspect infrasound.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:12 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,675,553 times
Quote:
Why do all the animals go totally silent at times when BF are around? I suspect infrasound.
Please tell me what you think infrasound is?

Old 09-15-2020, 10:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Well, the same thing happens when any predator is in the area, bears, wolves, mountain lions, bobcats, etc...there is some way, other animals (and even insects) can sense a predator is nearby. I do not think bears, wolves, lions, etc can emit infrasound?

To me, its kind of funny that insects would go quiet when a large predator is nearby...what interest is a large predator going to have in a cricket? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal