Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 11:58 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times

Advertisements

https://www.nsa.gov/news-features/de...documents/ufo/

I spent some time reading thru the documents in this list, Its eerie how similar many are to the recent USS Nimitiz 'Tic tac' incident!

There is one scientific analysis document about a piece of recovered metal from a UFO in the 1960s, which was 'unidentifiable', unfortunately its hard to make out much of the document, although some of it is readable.

Also impressive is the 1976 Iran incident and the 'Colorado project'.

It also seems to indicate the CIA considers this topic EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 12:38 AM

61,674 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Just when I decided to go to bed.....

When did they released that?? There is no date...

Some background:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ry-reid-216111
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/n...space-science/

Old 09-15-2020, 01:13 AM

61,674 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Wonder why the US government is so secretive about UFOs...

Old 09-15-2020, 04:21 AM

6,941 posts, read 6,868,065 times
I have been listening to a book by Bruce Maccabee book called "The FBI-CIA-UFO Connection".

It is all about what the government, military, FBI, CIA knew about UFOs back in 1947->. It goes into the back and forth between the different agencies according to the public documents available when the book was written.

It is very interesting how each branch of the military has/had their own agenda. Some wanted to hide the fact that these things could not be explained, and some wanted to admit they were extraterrestrial in nature.

Particularly worrying for them were a series of green orbs seen around secret military establishments around 1948-1950 which the military kept on setting up investigations and projects to study, to find out what these things were.

They concluded at the time that these things were not Russian as they thought it unlikely the Russians would have exercised their secret technology in full view of the USA population and over the continental US. They would be advertising their newest technology which neither side does not do...

Essentially, this is the argument used by the guys on the Unidentified TV series. Now...whether this is misinformation or not, who knows?

Old 09-15-2020, 05:03 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Wonder why the US government is so secretive about UFOs...
I've read (reading on this stuff since 1973) we won't like what is going on. Too shocking. An individual can handle the truth, but mob mentality is another thing. I don't follow the subject that much any more..might as well search for bigfoot or elves. Oh, that shocking thing nobody is going to like..according to more than one book I have read...they (whoever that is) view us as containers.....for souls. Think angelic realm instead of science...that is why I spend so much less time on this stuff...it really is futile.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:45 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Quote:

It reads like its from the 50s or 60s to me, everything is a balloon!

Old 09-15-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I've read (reading on this stuff since 1973) we won't like what is going on. Too shocking. An individual can handle the truth, but mob mentality is another thing. I don't follow the subject that much any more..might as well search for bigfoot or elves. Oh, that shocking thing nobody is going to like..according to more than one book I have read...they (whoever that is) view us as containers.....for souls. Think angelic realm instead of science...that is why I spend so much less time on this stuff...it really is futile.
Yep, I think you are on the right track with this theory, I think the truth is just so incredibly bizarre/ shocking, there is no way they can 'dumb it down' for an official announcement.

There would be too many un answered questions from the public, too much panic and fright among the public.

I truly think if we were to suddenly hear them explain what this is...it would impact each and every one of us on the deepest psychological levels, and most people would probably barricade themselves inside their homes.

I have this eerie feeling, the world around us and everything we see and think we know about it...is NOT real at all, we are seeing an illusion so to speak, the day to day grind everyone goes thru, going to work, going to school in hopes of getting a good job and having a nice life, etc are just distractions to keep us occupied.

A final interesting thing I will mention...when you look at people who have researched and investigated this topic thoroughly...at the end of the day, most of them wish they had not done this...(sometimes its better NOT to know the truth...for the sake of quality of life and our sanity).

Old 09-15-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I have been listening to a book by Bruce Maccabee book called "The FBI-CIA-UFO Connection".

It is all about what the government, military, FBI, CIA knew about UFOs back in 1947->. It goes into the back and forth between the different agencies according to the public documents available when the book was written.

It is very interesting how each branch of the military has/had their own agenda. Some wanted to hide the fact that these things could not be explained, and some wanted to admit they were extraterrestrial in nature.

Particularly worrying for them were a series of green orbs seen around secret military establishments around 1948-1950 which the military kept on setting up investigations and projects to study, to find out what these things were.

They concluded at the time that these things were not Russian as they thought it unlikely the Russians would have exercised their secret technology in full view of the USA population and over the continental US. They would be advertising their newest technology which neither side does not do...

Essentially, this is the argument used by the guys on the Unidentified TV series. Now...whether this is misinformation or not, who knows?
I do wonder about 'mis information' and to what extent this is relevant. Im not sure there is a rock sold way to even determine this though.

Old 09-15-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Just when I decided to go to bed.....

Some background:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ry-reid-216111
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/n...space-science/

I believe its recent, as it seems to be a result of Schiff filing the request for information.

Old 09-15-2020, 03:06 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,098,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
It reads like its from the 50s or 60s to me, everything is a balloon!
I noticed that. In order for a weather balloon to be functional ... doesn't it HAVE to be trackable? Why are they saying 'probably' when that would be the easiest thing to rule out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal