Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 02:53 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Keep yoiur politics out of this.
What politics? I am just stating that not everybody believes our FBI or our police lately. But that aside the fingerprint expert is no longer a fingerprint expert. He has taken another position promoting his claims and two of the three claims he made are questionable at best. Plus nobody has had his work peer reviewed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 12:00 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
What politics? I am just stating that not everybody believes our FBI or our police lately. But that aside the fingerprint expert is no longer a fingerprint expert. He has taken another position promoting his claims and two of the three claims he made are questionable at best. Plus nobody has had his work peer reviewed.
Im not sure fingerprinting type work can be peer reviewed...who would review it, another cop?

Doesnt it seem strange, he takes a new position, promoting his Sasquatch claims...when it will discredit his lifes work in the process! What is the point of him doing such a thing? Its not like there is a pile of money in Sasquatch research!

Old 09-20-2020, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im not sure fingerprinting type work can be peer reviewed...who would review it, another cop?

Doesnt it seem strange, he takes a new position, promoting his Sasquatch claims...when it will discredit his lifes work in the process! What is the point of him doing such a thing? Its not like there is a pile of money in Sasquatch research!
I don't have any obligation to trucking since I retired. Why would he? You deal with the cards you are dealt at that moment in time.

As far as peer review: Every courtroom has experts representing both the prosecution and the defense. That includes fingerprint analysis. Which one is right and which one is wrong? The jury is the ultimate judge and they do not chose always because of the credentials of the experts. The jury does look at the evidence to see which side is telling the truth.

Old 09-20-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I don't have any obligation to trucking since I retired. Why would he? You deal with the cards you are dealt at that moment in time.

As far as peer review: Every courtroom has experts representing both the prosecution and the defense. That includes fingerprint analysis. Which one is right and which one is wrong? The jury is the ultimate judge and they do not chose always because of the credentials of the experts. The jury does look at the evidence to see which side is telling the truth.
Juries normally factor in someones credibility in their field of work/study...

Ive brought this up before...someones 'good name' (their credibility in their field) is VERY VERY important to maintain, all I can say, this guy must have felt these prints were the real deal, its not normal for such an expert to put their credibility on the line...especially over Sasquatch existence!

Old 09-20-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Juries normally factor in someones credibility in their field of work/study...

Ive brought this up before...someones 'good name' (their credibility in their field) is VERY VERY important to maintain, all I can say, this guy must have felt these prints were the real deal, its not normal for such an expert to put their credibility on the line...especially over Sasquatch existence!
Supposedly he studied three and two of the three were questionable. The one that was not an artist could reproduce a copy good enough to fool the experts. Cast are poor evidence. Then when you combine all the videos and still pictures you have they can all be debated. So you are back to square one and campfire stories!

Old 09-20-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Supposedly he studied three and two of the three were questionable. The one that was not an artist could reproduce a copy good enough to fool the experts. Cast are poor evidence. Then when you combine all the videos and still pictures you have they can all be debated. So you are back to square one and campfire stories!
So what? (about this), that doesnt necessarily mean anything.

Old 09-21-2020, 01:13 AM

Quote:
So what? (about this), that doesnt necessarily mean anything.
Of course it doesn't mean anything! And that is what you are left with!

Old 09-23-2020, 01:56 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
You appear to think that as soon as you retire, your brain gets purged of all information you acquired whilst working, and nothing is left except a large hole between the ears.
Haha. I've been retired for about 10 years now, and I'll be darned if I could design a launch vehicle now. Nah, you're right - you don't lose the ability to think when you retire, but you might not keep up with technology as well as when you were working.

I think the existence of bigfoot is a lot more possible and believable than the Corey Goode ramblings.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:27 PM

6,105 posts, read 3,341,443 times
People never think about the fact that most people will say anything for money, especially when retired and they aren’t making as much as they used to.

If I’m on a fixed income, and someone throws 1K at me, sure, big foot exists, I seen him with my own eyes and his footprint is 100% legit.

See how easy that is? Even if no money is exchanged, some people are just bored and enjoy spinning everyone up.

With that said, yes, some people are being genuine. But as someone completely removed from the situation and just reading an article, it’s impossible to know who’s legit and who’s not.

Old 09-23-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Haha. I've been retired for about 10 years now, and I'll be darned if I could design a launch vehicle now. Nah, you're right - you don't lose the ability to think when you retire, but you might not keep up with technology as well as when you were working.

I think the existence of bigfoot is a lot more possible and believable than the Corey Goode ramblings.
IDK, I wouldnt put ANYTHING past our Govt!!

When you consider how MANY people are out there today working full time and paying income taxes every year...Govt is raking in A LOT of money...and the general public does not get to see the 'black budget' money, so we have no idea what the dollar figure is they have to play with!

The thing I dont get about Sasquatch (and Dogman), LOTS of people go to the places where sightings are reported and see nothing unusual at all!! Sightings of these creatures are rare to begin with...but how is it, this many people stomping all over the wilderness and only .005% see one?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal