Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 01:18 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,705,584 times

Advertisements

I was curious about this technology to know if using a Spirit Box, EVP App, or even the Ovilus/iOvilus, Spiritus, Necrophonic apps have any merit.

I have been told that smartphones don’t have the actual technology to measure EMF. However, do they possess the technology to detect data for ghost communication?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2020, 10:56 PM

8,457 posts, read 10,873,667 times
I put this iovilus app in about the same category as the ouija board.
Just another game that is useless.
Save your money.
If you really want to try spirit contact, stick with what is proven to work, and that is evp.
Surprisingly, the cost for the equipment to involve one's self in evp, is nothing compared to this iovilus app.
I have worked in evp for over twenty five years with very good results.

Old 09-20-2020, 04:29 AM

6,905 posts, read 6,811,565 times
I do believe there is a possibility to record 'spirit voices' and certainly they seem to be able to interact with radio frequencies or pull out what they want to say from a jumble of recorded words. There seems to be something electromagnetic about their energies.

How we receive those energies is another thing. There are many devices out there which seem to be able to pick up spirit communication. There is one which uses a reverb spring which is quite clear, but they all seem to catch a word of two but not much more than a full sentence very occasionally. It would be really great if we could have a proper conversation but I suspect it is a matter of having enough energy to last out the conversation. There have been some researchers who have tried to generate energy for them to use by running a Tesla coil, van de graaf generator, or infrasound generator. Not sure if this works or not.

Old 09-20-2020, 09:23 AM

2,679 posts, read 11,705,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I put this iovilus app in about the same category as the ouija board.
Just another game that is useless.
Save your money.
If you really want to try spirit contact, stick with what is proven to work, and that is evp.
Surprisingly, the cost for the equipment to involve one's self in evp, is nothing compared to this iovilus app.
I have worked in evp for over twenty five years with very good results.
What equipment do you recommend for EVP?

I have a 2 microphone 4 channel digital voice recorder.

Old 09-20-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
What equipment do you recommend for EVP?

I have a 2 microphone 4 channel digital voice recorder.
I am old school, and do not have much faith in digital recording, though to be honest, never tried digital recording.

When I was recording (no longer do because of hearing problems) I used a cassette recorder, a radio, mike, and headset.

In the near future (perhaps next month), I am planning on having my own you tube channel, and the focus of that channel will be my life experiences with evp, and other paranormal experiences.
I will explain the equipment I used, and how to set it up.

I plan on it being a series of videos, perhaps posting one a week, or twice monthly.
Each video will begin where the previous one left off, so it will keep the viewer's attention.
Evp is a fascinating experience for we who are successful at it, and it has shown me, and many others, that there is indeed an after life, and that communication with those who have passed on, is achievable.

Old 09-20-2020, 11:10 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,462,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I am old school, and do not have much faith in digital recording, though to be honest, never tried digital recording.

When I was recording (no longer do because of hearing problems) I used a cassette recorder, a radio, mike, and headset.

In the near future (perhaps next month), I am planning on having my own you tube channel, and the focus of that channel will be my life experiences with evp, and other paranormal experiences.
I will explain the equipment I used, and how to set it up.

I plan on it being a series of videos, perhaps posting one a week, or twice monthly.
Each video will begin where the previous one left off, so it will keep the viewer's attention.
Evp is a fascinating experience for we who are successful at it, and it has shown me, and many others, that there is indeed an after life, and that communication with those who have passed on, is achievable.
Please post the link here when you get this up and running! I will definitely subscribe, its something I find very interesting and I think there is potential to learn quite a bit from these entities.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:50 AM

6,905 posts, read 6,811,565 times
Quote:
I think there is potential to learn quite a bit from these entities.
I think there is, but not what we want to know but rather what they want to say. I have come across many spirits who want to lecture us spiritually with wonderful and uplifting words, but it would appeal to so many more people if it was like a question-and-answer session or similar. If the object is to make us realise that life continues after we die, then it seems that happens anyway and that no-one is 'damned' to the biblical/religious Hell and Damnation. Folks would be a lot more interested if they could ask questions and the guys on the other side honestly answered them without waffle.

I think the 'problem' is that as soon as we all get 'upstairs' our priorities change to become more 'spiritual' and less 'material' and we down here are almost exclusively focused on material stuff. I mean, I would like to know technical ways to do things - such as bridging the gap between this 3D reality and other realities. That information must be out there somewhere, yet of all the different ways for humans to bridge the gap whilst still alive, no-one has brought it back from 'there'.

This is strange, because I do believe there is a 'there' but for some reason we are not given the information to allow us to communicate technologically. It HAS to be natively done. There are loads of psychics who say they hear voices in their heads, but the ability to create some device so that everyone can hear these same voices is denied. Now - either all these mediums are making it up, or there is a good reason why we dont get given the info.

Old 09-21-2020, 10:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,462,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think there is, but not what we want to know but rather what they want to say. I have come across many spirits who want to lecture us spiritually with wonderful and uplifting words, but it would appeal to so many more people if it was like a question-and-answer session or similar. If the object is to make us realise that life continues after we die, then it seems that happens anyway and that no-one is 'damned' to the biblical/religious Hell and Damnation. Folks would be a lot more interested if they could ask questions and the guys on the other side honestly answered them without waffle.

I think the 'problem' is that as soon as we all get 'upstairs' our priorities change to become more 'spiritual' and less 'material' and we down here are almost exclusively focused on material stuff. I mean, I would like to know technical ways to do things - such as bridging the gap between this 3D reality and other realities. That information must be out there somewhere, yet of all the different ways for humans to bridge the gap whilst still alive, no-one has brought it back from 'there'.

This is strange, because I do believe there is a 'there' but for some reason we are not given the information to allow us to communicate technologically. It HAS to be natively done. There are loads of psychics who say they hear voices in their heads, but the ability to create some device so that everyone can hear these same voices is denied. Now - either all these mediums are making it up, or there is a good reason why we dont get given the info.
There is also the problem of whether you can trust what these entities say, plus, who they claim to be, there would be no way to validate anything they say.

If people learned there was no afterlife judgement (for things you did while alive), this world would probably become a lot more brutal, it seems there needs to be some healthy fear of 'judgement' for a society to thrive.

Old 09-21-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Everything you asked and discussed in this post, is answered in "The spirit's book", author, Alan Kardec, which I have endorsed many, many times on this forum.
It is written in a question/answer format, with footnotes to further explain some issues.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is also the problem of whether you can trust what these entities say, plus, who they claim to be, there would be no way to validate anything they say.

If people learned there was no afterlife judgement (for things you did while alive), this world would probably become a lot more brutal, it seems there needs to be some healthy fear of 'judgement' for a society to thrive.
Very interesting reply you made.
I will be discussing on my channel that very issue about whether you can trust what some of these entities say.
I will be devoting one entire video to this very issue, and go into depth about an experience I had regarding something I learned from Sarah Estep, and a female spirit.

Creating a you tube channel is all new to me, and thankfully one of my tenants is a videographer, and his help will be immeasurable.
I have not given my channel a name yet, but it will be something that will "pop out" at the viewers, to keep them interested.
One thing for sure, there will be no "ghost hunting" in my videos.
The entire series will be of my experiences, and things that I have learned, that relate to spirit life, as well as our human existence, and how they both interact with one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal