Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 11:20 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, ultimately...they would first have to believe the existence of Sasquatch, in order to 'misidentify'!! LOL

(If they didnt believe the creatures existed...why would they 'misidentify' a known animal for being one?) LOL

Your ball!!
That could be part of the conspiracy to keep the idea of BF alive. Somebody can see a post by rstevens62 of a report that happened 30 years ago in a park that they are going to be walking in. So they have it on their mind. They see something and fear takes over and they make another report. They should have taken the time to investigate; but rstevens62's post is on their mind and they fled the park.

Personally I think many of these reports are from individuals that are too afraid to check out what the see and hear. In some cases it is probably in their best interest. In other cases it might have been only seconds until the true nature of what they saw, heard or smelled would have been revealed.

Humans do not like to appear weak or afraid; so sometimes they just pick the largest thing they can think about to report how it scared them. They do not tell their friends they ran out the woods because Bambi stopped her foot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 11:57 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,050,725 times
Quote:
I have never heard of a black bear being any color besides black!

Has anyone ever heard of a white-black bear?

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...9ea143640db5bd

Old 09-27-2020, 01:36 PM

503 posts, read 1,025,551 times
Quote:
I have never heard of a black bear being any color besides black!

Has anyone ever heard of a white-black bear?
There ya go, you never heard of it so it can't be true. Same thing you say about non-BF believers.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:53 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That could be part of the conspiracy to keep the idea of BF alive. Somebody can see a post by rstevens62 of a report that happened 30 years ago in a park that they are going to be walking in. So they have it on their mind. They see something and fear takes over and they make another report. They should have taken the time to investigate; but rstevens62's post is on their mind and they fled the park.

Personally I think many of these reports are from individuals that are too afraid to check out what the see and hear. In some cases it is probably in their best interest. In other cases it might have been only seconds until the true nature of what they saw, heard or smelled would have been revealed.

Humans do not like to appear weak or afraid; so sometimes they just pick the largest thing they can think about to report how it scared them. They do not tell their friends they ran out the woods because Bambi stopped her foot!
LOL, they would be pretty gullible to allow some guy on the internet, (they do not know), to have that much of an impact on their core beliefs!!

Oddly enough I agree with you on many of these witnesses being too frightened to stick around, and possibly have the chance of a closer glimpse...frightening people appears to be the real goal in many cryptid encounters, I doubt the creatures would physically harm a hair on their head though, they seem to just be trying to scare people away.

Old 09-28-2020, 01:07 AM

Quote:
LOL, they would be pretty gullible to allow some guy on the internet, (they do not know), to have that much of an impact on their core beliefs!!

Oddly enough I agree with you on many of these witnesses being too frightened to stick around, and possibly have the chance of a closer glimpse...frightening people appears to be the real goal in many cryptid encounters, I doubt the creatures would physically harm a hair on their head though, they seem to just be trying to scare people away.
You are gullible enough to keep posting unproven information - which you have done over and over again! Maybe the guy is not another 'rstevens62' that is making those post? But it is somebody that believes everything they ever hear about BF. Just like your post of the brother and sister that supposedly saw something in 1968 that you just repeated here. You said that was close to you and you would see if you can find any information on them - but you posted without any additional information. You took the word of somebody, like you, that hears BF or Dogman, and repeats it over and over again.

Tp the best of my knowledge and most of the 'reports' I have seen; nobody has ever been harmed by one of your creatures. If they were eaten, killed, or harmed and true investigation would follow and you would have the evidence you need. But mythical is usually pretty harmless; they would have to be real to harm!

Old 09-28-2020, 05:09 AM

Quote:
You are gullible enough to keep posting unproven information - which you have done over and over again! Maybe the guy is not another 'rstevens62' that is making those post? But it is somebody that believes everything they ever hear about BF. Just like your post of the brother and sister that supposedly saw something in 1968 that you just repeated here. You said that was close to you and you would see if you can find any information on them - but you posted without any additional information. You took the word of somebody, like you, that hears BF or Dogman, and repeats it over and over again.

Tp the best of my knowledge and most of the 'reports' I have seen; nobody has ever been harmed by one of your creatures. If they were eaten, killed, or harmed and true investigation would follow and you would have the evidence you need. But mythical is usually pretty harmless; they would have to be real to harm!
There are a handful of Dogman encounters, that left the witness bleeding, however the way you look at it, there is NO way to prove what slashed them, it could have been a large house cat or a dog!

They can document the wounds, the blood, even the visit to the hospital...but ultimately, its impossible for them to verify what actually injured them, it would be up to the individual whether they believe the persons account or not.

Old 09-28-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
There are a handful of Dogman encounters, that left the witness bleeding, however the way you look at it, there is NO way to prove what slashed them, it could have been a large house cat or a dog!

They can document the wounds, the blood, even the visit to the hospital...but ultimately, its impossible for them to verify what actually injured them, it would be up to the individual whether they believe the persons account or not.
Did they test the people attacked and did they look for the DNA of the attacker? Where are the links to these attacks? Was any evidence collected and what were the results: links please. There is nothing in your post that tells us anything since you are repeating old stories. You need a lot more information to make claims like these.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Did they test the people attacked and did they look for the DNA of the attacker? Where are the links to these attacks? Was any evidence collected and what were the results: links please. There is nothing in your post that tells us anything since you are repeating old stories. You need a lot more information to make claims like these.
I would have to look up more details on those cases, there are a handful of them, Im not sure if they tried to recover DNA or not, but that would not mean anything anyway...since we have no idea what 'DOgman DNA' would show up as...maybe it shows up as 'CANINE', but further testing is required to find the specific mutation, that makes it something unique.
...IDK...maybe it show up as 'unknown'??

I doubt investigators would go to these lengths once they see 'Canine' DNA, they will just say its feral dogs and leave it at that...who would want to waste time and money running extra (more costly) testing, when it looks like canines were involved?

Old 09-29-2020, 01:04 AM

Quote:
I would have to look up more details on those cases, there are a handful of them, Im not sure if they tried to recover DNA or not, but that would not mean anything anyway...since we have no idea what 'DOgman DNA' would show up as...maybe it shows up as 'CANINE', but further testing is required to find the specific mutation, that makes it something unique.
...IDK...maybe it show up as 'unknown'??

I doubt investigators would go to these lengths once they see 'Canine' DNA, they will just say its feral dogs and leave it at that...who would want to waste time and money running extra (more costly) testing, when it looks like canines were involved?
But we do not know since you did not provide links! You are repeating stories from memory. Eye witness testimony no longer carries the same weight in a criminal investigation because we now acknowledge we are human and make mistakes: https://psu.pb.unizin.org/socialpsyc...y-biases-noba/. Do your biases influence your memory?

As far as what they tested for, like I said, we do not know without more information. We need the reports, the links, the actual facts, and not memories that might reflect a personal biases.

Old 09-29-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
But we do not know since you did not provide links! You are repeating stories from memory. Eye witness testimony no longer carries the same weight in a criminal investigation because we now acknowledge we are human and make mistakes: https://psu.pb.unizin.org/socialpsyc...y-biases-noba/. Do your biases influence your memory?

As far as what they tested for, like I said, we do not know without more information. We need the reports, the links, the actual facts, and not memories that might reflect a personal biases.
A big part of the problem with doing that, is that you or I, (general population), do not really have access to this information.

We can read the newspaper articles, or statements released by investigators, but thats about it...as regular citizens, we are not privy to all the details in these cases, so its impossible to do what you ask.

Its a common practice in investigations and law enforcement in general...they do not give the public EVERY detail concerning a case, they do this for numerous reasons, sometimes its so they can use the information when questioning a suspect, so they can know if the person has information never released to the public, there are other reasons for them doing this as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal