Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 05:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
This sub-forum covers many topics. Cryptids are very popular here, right now. I believe that it's possible, and maybe probable, that they exist. There have been enough credible sightings.
I admit I have never had a cryptid experience. If I saw one, by accident, I might feel differently.
Personally, I would never attempt to look for one. I'd also avoid areas where they are said to frequent.

While I understand curiosity about their existence, I think they have a right to live undisturbed. I can't think of any reason to hunt them down. They do not seem friendly. Why not leave them alone?

To answer the original question - Why on Earth would a psychic medium attempt to contact a being that does not want a reading? There are animal psychics, who can contact domestic pets who have crossed over. These are contacted by humans, not litter mates.

Many psychics believe that the souls of companion animals live on. Some only have an ability and interest in contacting deceased humans. Actually, that would be MOST.
I am one of those people who have gone looking for these things...so far nothing to report though, however I still have the strong desire to seek a glimpse of one!

I do believe these things exist, but I feel if I could have an encounter, I would get a much better impression of 'what they are'. I would not attempt to kill or trap it though, or harm it in anyway, I do not believe these cryptids are just normal animals, (there is something else going on with them, supernatural/paranormal, something else?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 09:01 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Why on Earth would a psychic medium attempt to contact a being that does not want a reading?
How do you know Bigfoot ghosts don't want to be contacted?

Quote:
There are animal psychics, who can contact domestic pets who have crossed over. These are contacted by humans, not litter mates.
That's sad. Why can't the littermates call in as well? Seems awfully arrogant and presumptuous of all the cat ghost lovers out there.

Quote:
Many psychics believe that the souls of companion animals live on. Some only have an ability and interest in contacting deceased humans. Actually, that would be MOST.
Sounds like a prime opportunity to me. Be the first Bigfoot Medium!

Old 09-28-2020, 10:19 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

That's sad. Why can't the littermates call in as well? Seems awfully arrogant and presumptuous of all the cat ghost lovers out there.

As someone who has a bunch of cats, cats are incredible mothers. But when it’s time for the baby to go, the baby is got to go. We had a feral mother who had three kittens and another cat kept stealing the kittens. And we ended up bringing them in the house to prevent this.

The momma cat who before we knew she was a girl we named Edgar, developed mastitis.I had to supplementally bottle feed the kittens. I found a home for two of the babies, but the third one, every single person that wanted her was very inappropriate.

So we kept her. We called her Squinkle. Within about six months after birth, mother and daughter looked at each other like they didn’t know each other at all. In fact Edgar didn’t like her daughter. And Squinkie didn’t like anybody.

They might have a different sort of outcome if you adopt mother and daughter and that’s all you have so they can bond more as family. But the natural way to do things is the mom takes great care of the babies and when it’s time for the babies to go and make their own way it’s time for the babies to go and make their own way. They have territories. That’s nature. This aspect of life where the mommy loves her baby for the rest of her life is a human thing. Animals don’t do that. And if there’s something wrong with the kittens the mother abandons them. That’s not to say that you can’t get those kittens healthy and on a good footing and stuff like that with human intervention. That happens all the time. But nature doesn't have a way to tube feed.

Old 09-28-2020, 03:56 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,079,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I read something recently about dowsing for cryptids...I never knew it could be used to find these kinds of things, but hey, its probably worth a try.

Interesting suggestion about trying to remote view Sasquatches...I wonder if anyone else has ever thought of that?!

The CIA spent a great deal of time and tax-payer dollars trying to make 'remote viewing' work, in order to spy on the Russians. They really, REALLY wanted it to be real, in order to reduce agent loss, injury and expense, and to avoid agents going double or rogue.

What they got was a big old bag of nothing. It doesn't work. Anyone claiming it does work is deluded or a liar. It isn't worth squat, not even Sasquat.

These are the things that 'conspiracy theorists' should be concerned about- the gov't wasting billions of dollars on bullsquat.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:46 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
The CIA spent a great deal of time and tax-payer dollars trying to make 'remote viewing' work, in order to spy on the Russians. They really, REALLY wanted it to be real, in order to reduce agent loss, injury and expense, and to avoid agents going double or rogue.

What they got was a big old bag of nothing. It doesn't work. Anyone claiming it does work is deluded or a liar. It isn't worth squat, not even Sasquat.

These are the things that 'conspiracy theorists' should be concerned about- the gov't wasting billions of dollars on bullsquat.
But they were the good old days of the remote viewing, transcendental meditation, and telekinesis where everything was possible. It was the golden age for believers; but it did not last an eternity when we found out how much money was being wasted with no results!

Old 09-28-2020, 10:17 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
But they were the good old days of the remote viewing, transcendental meditation, and telekinesis where everything was possible. It was the golden age for believers; but it did not last an eternity when we found out how much money was being wasted with no results!
How wrong you are about there not being any results from those projects!

Majority of the documentation was destroyed in a fire (pretty convenient if you ask me), but they did have some success with some of the MK Ultra projects...there were over 70 different sub projects under the MK ultra project too.

Even though they had some success, it was not 'consistent' enough for the Govt to start employing it...basically it would work sometime...with some people, but at other times, it didnt. I think they gave it their best shot, they tried to understand how these things work, but in the end, it was beyond their comprehension.

Of course, we will never know the real results of these projects...if they did discover some new method of developing Telekinesis, or creating a mind controlled assassin that cannot remember what they did...this kind of information would NEVER BE REPORTED TO THE PUBLIC.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:19 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How wrong you are about there not being any results from those projects!

Majority of the documentation was destroyed in a fire (pretty convenient if you ask me), but they did have some success with some of the MK Ultra projects...there were over 70 different sub projects under the MK ultra project too.

Even though they had some success, it was not 'consistent' enough for the Govt to start employing it...basically it would work sometime...with some people, but at other times, it didnt. I think they gave it their best shot, they tried to understand how these things work, but in the end, it was beyond their comprehension.

Of course, we will never know the real results of these projects...if they did discover some new method of developing Telekinesis, or creating a mind controlled assassin that cannot remember what they did...this kind of information would NEVER BE REPORTED TO THE PUBLIC.
Since success was never consistent then it boils down to probability. You guess enough times about anything and you are going to be right sometimes. Mediums play the same game.

As far as what was real and what was not, it does not help for people that don't know all the answers, to guess about what they think happened!

Old 09-29-2020, 05:26 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:

Ho ho ho. Another chain puller.
(and thats putting it politely)

Old 09-29-2020, 10:43 AM

903 posts, read 583,248 times
Quote:
I don't know about that, but my wife used to work with a Pet Psychic. I kid thee not. What I found even more hilarious: She did her consultations over the phone.

And people paid her money to do this.

Sadly, my brother would have been one of those people.

cd :O)

Old 09-29-2020, 03:32 PM

7,255 posts, read 5,126,001 times
Quote:
.... We have folks around here who believe in mediums, ....
My wife was a medium 40 yrs ago when we got married....Now she's a XXX Large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal