Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 09:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

I was at work yesterday talking to one our cashiers about my recent hiking trip, and we got to talking about Bigfoot in general...a customer overheard and mentioned that he had seen something back in the early 90s in a local park, (AJ Jolly park in Campbell County, KY).

He said he was out hunting for mushrooms, and saw (what he called a "bigfoot"), he said it climbed up a large tree very quickly, and started to jump from tree to tree, heading away from him...the description he gave was odd...he said it was a dirty blonde/light brown color, covered in hair, had large pointy ears on top of its head (but no snout), had a tail like a Collie dog, he said the arms, hands and fingers were clearly human, but the forearms were longer and it had black claws, he said the legs and butt were human too (not reversed canine legs like most Dogman are said to have).

I asked him more about the face, he said he only got a quick glimpse at the face, since he was seeing it from behind, he did say he was sure it had no snout, as he felt that detail would have stuck with him.

I brought up 'Dogman' to him, but he had never heard of this, so I explained to him the basics and told him to Google the topic to learn more, it sounds more like a Dogman than Bigfoot...but I guess its common for people to just use the word 'Bigfoot' when they see something humanoid and hairy in the forest.

He said he never reported it anyone, he just left the area after seeing it, and he stopped going to that park, he said he didnt feel scared, but at the same time, he did not want to approach it or attract its attention.

Last edited by rstevens62; 10-03-2020 at 09:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 09:05 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was at work yesterday talking to one our cashiers about my recent hiking trip, and we got to talking about Bigfoot in general...a customer overheard and mentioned that he had seen something back in the early 90s in a local park, (AJ Jolly park in Campbell County, KY).

He said he was out hunting for mushrooms, and he saw (what he called a "bigfoot"), he said it climbed up a large tree very quickly, and started to jump from tree to tree, heading away from him...the description he gave was odd...he said it was a dirty blonde/light brown color, covered in hair, had large pointy ears on top of its head (but no snout), had a tail like a Collie dog, he said the arms, hands and fingers were clearly human, but the forearms were longer and it had black claws, he said the legs and butt were human too (not reversed canine legs like most Dogman are said to have).

I asked him more about the face, he said he only got a quick glimpse at the face, since he was seeing it from behind, he did say he was sure it had no snout, as he felt that detail would have stuck with him.
What kind of mushrooms was he picking?LOL

Old 10-03-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
What kind of mushrooms was he picking?LOL
I dont think it was the 'magic' kind! LOL Probably just edible mushrooms.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:23 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont think it was the 'magic' kind! LOL Probably just edible mushrooms.
My favorite the shaggy mane have been popping up here.

What did you think of his story? Did it seem he made it up or was telling the truth? Was there anything besides the jumping from tree to tree that makes zero sense?

Old 10-03-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
My favorite the shaggy mane have been popping up here.

What did you think of his story? Did it seem he made it up or was telling the truth? Was there anything besides the jumping from tree to tree that makes zero sense?
Its been years since Ive done any mushrooms, I remember we went looking for them once, but never found any, (im not sure they grow in my area).

I believed him, he was an older guy, he seemed pretty 'normal' and intelligent. I just wonder how many people are out there with incidents like his, that never reported it...it didnt sound like it was a HUGE deal to him, sounded more like he saw this strange thing, watched it for a little bit and then went about his life, he didnt start telling everyone about it, or start investigating...it was just a strange sighting, nothing more, nothing less, the only reason he told us about it was because he happened to hear us talking about Bigfoot.

Old 10-03-2020, 08:29 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
FWIW I watched a YouTube video of Steve Isdahl's (howtohunt.com) from about a year ago, and in it he details his first of a half a dozen BigFoot sightings he's had. This one was his first, he was 18, and guess what he was doing? He was hunting. And he was doing it with a bow and arrow.

He describes it in minute detail, and, get this: it includes that harrowing feeling of a strange presence watching him from...somewhere. In this one, he's out in the middle of nowhere (where Steve Isdahl spends a lot of his time) and he feels a strange, freaky feeling he's being watched by...something. It makes the hair on his neck stand up (anyone remember me describing my event in the same manner?) and he was on a dirt/rock trail of a road. He came up by a huge boulder/rock and got that eerie feeling even stronger. All of a sudden the creature makes eye contact with Steve.

Isdahl thought it was another human, and he says "how's the huntin'?" (or words to that effect) The creature (in dark fur, of course) looks at him and begins immediately lowering his body behind the huge rock. Steve totally freaked out (sounds familiar) and pointed his arrow towards the rock. He took a sideways stance that would allow him to fight off whatever this was. Hint: the picture he showed was of a Sasquatch, but, as what happens so often, he didn't have a camera device at the ready, so the picture was just a reasonable facsimile of what we all know ta be BigFoot. Gee, humm...I wonder what that might be? Do you think he might have been very scared? Of course he was! He was in full defense mode. No one goes over and inspects crap at the site during or really, even after these events. You are in full-on defense mode. Get it?

He walked in this way all the way back to his truck. He was 18, all by himself, and he had just seen an ape-like creature that was 7' tall out in the middle of nowhere Canada. Yikes. I can identify. He got back to his truck - he mentions seeing no tracks of any kind on the trail or the roads in that area. Freaked him out completely, and helps me understand the man Steve Isdahl so much more completely now. He won't take bull*&^% words from bull*&^% people dismissing BigFoot as a figment of someone's overactive imagination. And now I totally understand his stance. I've long been one of his YouTube subscribers. But now I understand his motivation. Anyone having a BigFoot incident can e-mail their account to him, and, he won't judge them. He won't make them feel bad about themselves. He won't charge them money to give their account, and he will be-friend them in a way that makes total sense ta me now.

We BigFoot believers need allies like Steve Isdahl around. There's so many naysayers out there you can just smell 'em. And their smell is really....stinky as all get out. Go Steve Isdahl - go howtohunt.com, and anyone that's harboring a weird feeling or keeping your BigFoot story in - stop it! Reveal it! Talk about it! And know that you really had an event happen.

Nope - you really had something happen to you that you're feeling weird about - but, take a look around - the world is crazy, and values have eroded to null and void-ish-ness. People could give a crap about you. That's because they really don't care about you - they care about money. Not you. Not God. And certainly not some numbskull BigFoot story of yours.

But take heed - you're important to me, to God, and to intelligent people like Steve Isdahl. We could use a few more intelligent people around, eh? Yep - a big 'ole Canadian eh.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:02 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
The report from the old guy hunting for mushrooms sounds to me like a monkey of some kind, although I dont know if there are any with pointy ears. I have not heard of any cryptids like this which climb trees and spring through the branches, but I suppose that instead of being 'invisible' the thing which takes people could come down from the trees perhaps, but unlikely. But, still no noise of any attack. You would think that someone would make a noise when they were surprised and attacked by a strange creature and someone else up the trail would hear some screams, shouts, noise etc.

I think to have any chance of determining what this thing was, you would have to analyse all the sightings reported of strange creatures and match them up together and then some pattern would begin to emerge with similar features reported. I am sure there is excellent software to do it in the hands of the police force,FBI, security services, etc but it is getting the data into the computer in a form which can be analysed which is the challenge.

Old 10-04-2020, 04:25 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The report from the old guy hunting for mushrooms sounds to me like a monkey of some kind, although I dont know if there are any with pointy ears. I have not heard of any cryptids like this which climb trees and spring through the branches, but I suppose that instead of being 'invisible' the thing which takes people could come down from the trees perhaps, but unlikely. But, still no noise of any attack. You would think that someone would make a noise when they were surprised and attacked by a strange creature and someone else up the trail would hear some screams, shouts, noise etc.

I think to have any chance of determining what this thing was, you would have to analyse all the sightings reported of strange creatures and match them up together and then some pattern would begin to emerge with similar features reported. I am sure there is excellent software to do it in the hands of the police force,FBI, security services, etc but it is getting the data into the computer in a form which can be analysed which is the challenge.
I hate to get Mr. rstevens62 going but there was a case of devil monkeys sighted in Dunkinsville, Ohio: https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/...north-america/. They spotted one "In 1997 a simian creature around 5 feet tall, with pointy ears, a short tail, disproportionately long arms, and a face like a baboon." according to that article and they even have a picture posted of a dead one supposedly taken in: "1996 a woman by the name of Barbara Mullins was driving along Louisiana’s Highway 12 when she purportedly noticed a large mass sprawled out on the side of the road."

I wish that we could see her other pictures because we could debate what she actually saw on the side of the road? Not too many years ago a zoo owner in Ohio released all of his animals and then committed suicide: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-himself.html. Currently Florida is being overrun by invasive species that people have simply let lose in the wild; we have all heard of the Burmese Python. Over the years we have heard of illegal drug dealers that had exotic pets that simply left them go when they had to move quick. Also humans make mistakes; what they think they can tame might not be possible. Then they just release it and make it somebody else's problem.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I hate to get Mr. rstevens62 going but there was a case of devil monkeys sighted in Dunkinsville, Ohio: https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/...north-america/. They spotted one "In 1997 a simian creature around 5 feet tall, with pointy ears, a short tail, disproportionately long arms, and a face like a baboon." according to that article and they even have a picture posted of a dead one supposedly taken in: "1996 a woman by the name of Barbara Mullins was driving along Louisiana’s Highway 12 when she purportedly noticed a large mass sprawled out on the side of the road."

I wish that we could see her other pictures because we could debate what she actually saw on the side of the road? Not too many years ago a zoo owner in Ohio released all of his animals and then committed suicide: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-himself.html. Currently Florida is being overrun by invasive species that people have simply let lose in the wild; we have all heard of the Burmese Python. Over the years we have heard of illegal drug dealers that had exotic pets that simply left them go when they had to move quick. Also humans make mistakes; what they think they can tame might not be possible. Then they just release it and make it somebody else's problem.
Thats all understandable, Im sure it freaks some people out to see a baboon or other 'exotic' ape out in the wild close to them, (notice that the description matches a baboon...no one embellished or saw physical features that were not accurate...it was a Baboon...and they described a Baboon!) that is a cut and dry case.

Even if there happened to be some secret exotic zoo a resident of Campbell County was keeping...what animal even comes close to his description? Ive never heard of any apes, chimps, etc that have tails like a collie dog,

Old 10-04-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Ive looked into Dogman/werewolf reports in my local area, on many different databases, there are not very many.

The problem is, its likely there are many other incidents, just like this guys...where someone sees a strange looking 'upright canine'...but then never reports it to anyone or documents it, they just leave it alone and go about their lives, Ive heard others say they prefer to keep quiet about what they saw, because they did not want to be ridiculed or laughed at...I tend to think there may be alot of people that fall into this category, so it would be tough to create an accurate list of sightings.

The only thing that seems to make these people speak up about their experiences, appears to be, when they hear others talking about it, or they hear a reference to something that sounds close to what they saw. I heard Linda Godfrey say this exact thing when she was doing research for her first book...people would start to tell her about sightings they had, ONLY after they heard other people talking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal