Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 09:05 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How do you know its a bear? Maybe it was a guy in a Ghillie suit?
+1 it is probably a BF or DM using their paranormal powers to make you think it is a bear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 01:05 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Well, he does do a good job of showing the broken trees (and where/how they are broken), humans could not do that without first cutting some of the tree, and that would be obvious had it happened...

He also shows that there are no antler rub marks, or bite, claw marks...of the animals large enough to be able to do this, its not how they leave trees, plenty of other trees can be found with bear and antler evidence on it!

Even if we go with your theory...and some other human did this...(in an attempt to make other people think Bigfoot did it)....they would have to be VERY dedicated to their hoaxing...to hike that far out into the timber...spend time making it LOOK like a Bigfoot did it...and then hoping someone else comes along and takes notice of it? (sorry, but I dont think that is logical).
You and Steve and Versatile don't give mother nature a lot of credit. She has more power than any Big Foot or Dogman. She can stick trees in the ground upside down. She can drop an acre or more of trees in just seconds like Angry-Koala points out. I saw that happened next door to me about two years ago and they were big trees! She can also twist trees around each other.

Lets face it, what do you and Versatile have other than a man you believe that never shuts up! I can show you the damage mother nature does, all you have to do is Google it. There are plenty of good clear pictures and the Weather Channel post a couple more ever few days. And face it, if you ask for Google pictures you can get them without a half hour of boring talk!

Old 10-15-2020, 01:30 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times
Quote:
How do you know its a bear? Maybe it was a guy in a Ghillie suit?
Because it looks like a bear and it moves like a bear.

Old 10-15-2020, 02:00 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
To save others the hassle of sitting through the whole thing, the first 13+ minutes consist of him establishing his credibility as a hunter who is familiar with reading game signs. He mentions hearing odd noises, tree knocks in the distance, and odd silences and feelings. The interesting part doesn't start until 13:57. He shows an area where many trees are knocked over, or snapped off at roughly the same height.

I lived a half hour from Shenandoah National Park in VA for five years, and spent a lot of time up there. Ice storms were frequent, and you'd see areas where a lot of trees had been snapped off by the storms. The ice bends the trees over, and snap. Sometimes you'll see areas where all the trees are roughly the same size, and all have been broken at the same height. Other times, you'll see one tree snapped with those around it intact; some trees are more susceptible to ice and wind damage because they've been weakened by insects, or their root systems are shallow due to underlying rocks, etc. You see the same thing in the southern Appalachians, just west of where I'm living now.

Also, bears are known to eat bark and take down small trees. Here are two good examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwY5Pzrlsew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfrZk2_-xlo

Nothing in this video makes me say, "hey, that damage couldn't have been caused by grizzlies or elks or ice storms accompanied by wind".

Old 10-15-2020, 03:29 PM

Vasily,

VA and SC have many Cedar trees. About 20 years ago I had a mother bear and her three cubs about 75 yards from our house. The mother bear started stripping the bark off one of my Cedar trees. She started about three feet off the ground and started pulling about a 2" strip of bark off down to the base of the tree and then up as high as she could reach. Two of her cubs climbed the tree and helped pull off the bark even higher.

My wife and I watched and we made a video of the whole operation. I would post it but I don't have the right format and my new computer has no slot for the smart cards.

Our thinking was that the mother bear and cubs were not interested in eating the bark. We thought she was making insecticide. She rubbed her back on the spot where the bark was stripped. We use Cedar trees to make Cedar closets and chest to protect our good clothes. We thought she was simply protecting herself from biting insects. Wild turkeys and horses will roll in the dust to protect themselves from insects. Supposedly bear are a little smarter.

Old 10-15-2020, 06:39 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
... Our thinking was that the mother bear and cubs were not interested in eating the bark. We thought she was making insecticide. She rubbed her back on the spot where the bark was stripped. We use Cedar trees to make Cedar closets and chest to protect our good clothes. We thought she was simply protecting herself from biting insects. Wild turkeys and horses will roll in the dust to protect themselves from insects. Supposedly bear are a little smarter.
On that note, this video shows lemurs rubbing themselves with millipede guts as an insecticide to keep away insect pests. And there is an interesting added benefit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYXoCHLqr4o

Some of the comments at the bottom are pretty funny.

Old 10-15-2020, 07:28 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
So you post a video of good old Steve boy that talks forever, shows us a video of a bear, and believes that Big Foot bent the trees! That guy never shuts up! How is he ever going to sneak up on anything when he can't keep his mouth closed!
Hahahaha, wow. This was my reaction, exactly. I guess great minds think alike!

Old 10-15-2020, 10:46 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry-koala View Post
on that note, this video shows lemurs rubbing themselves with millipede guts as an insecticide to keep away insect pests.

some of the comments at the bottom are pretty funny.
love it!

Old 10-16-2020, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hahahaha, wow. This was my reaction, exactly. I guess great minds think alike!
In Versatile's Stevie video Steve does get around more than he usually does. But he looks at trees that most hunters would look at and say moose feeding signs or they rubbed the velvet off their horns. (https://winterberrywildlife.ouroneac...gn-with-video/). Hunters are not interested in mythical creatures that most will never see. They are interested in the large bull moose if they have the license.

Steve ignores the logical in favor of what sells his videos. I think that Angry-Koala nailed it with his Lemur video. Stevie rubbed himself once too often with the millipede guts!

Old 10-16-2020, 07:30 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Vasily,

VA and SC have many Cedar trees. About 20 years ago I had a mother bear and her three cubs about 75 yards from our house. The mother bear started stripping the bark off one of my Cedar trees. She started about three feet off the ground and started pulling about a 2" strip of bark off down to the base of the tree and then up as high as she could reach. Two of her cubs climbed the tree and helped pull off the bark even higher.

My wife and I watched and we made a video of the whole operation. I would post it but I don't have the right format and my new computer has no slot for the smart cards.

Our thinking was that the mother bear and cubs were not interested in eating the bark. We thought she was making insecticide. She rubbed her back on the spot where the bark was stripped. We use Cedar trees to make Cedar closets and chest to protect our good clothes. We thought she was simply protecting herself from biting insects. Wild turkeys and horses will roll in the dust to protect themselves from insects. Supposedly bear are a little smarter.
Just another campfire story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal