Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 11:35 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/mutilation I quote: "Disfigurement or injury by removal or destruction of a conspicuous or essential part of the body."

When we remove the hind quarters of the cow to cut them up for your your steaks that fits that description. We also remove the tongues, hearts, livers and other "essential parts of the body".

You are trying to redefine the term to mean ET, BF, or whatever. Not every 'mutilation' is the same since that term can mean just about anything that causes severe damage to the cow.
It not me, who is doing the redefining though...Go to any search engine you like and type in cattle mutilation cases...and see what comes up!!

I would almost guarantee, nearly all the results are going to geared towards 'supernatural, aliens, mysterious Govt agencies, etc etc'...Hmmm That kind of sounds familiar (referring to what I was talking about!!!)

Furthermore, I think someone would be hard pressed to find a search result about 'cattle mutilations' that DID NOT in some way reference, UFOs or aliens! (Now Gee, I wonder what the reason for that would be?!! LOL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 10:08 AM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,658,309 times
Did anyone watch Expedition X on Wed night? They investigated a ranch that had recently had 5 bulls mutilated, and evaluated the possibility of natural causes (ruled out), human cults, UFO's (saw and filmed unexplained lights), and secret govt programs to survey animals for evidence of radiation exposure.

Of course, they couldn't prove anything, but the discussion was interesting, and in the end, they sort of thought a clandestine govt program was most likely but couldn't explain all the lights in the sky.

Old 11-20-2020, 02:44 PM

7,238 posts, read 5,114,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Did anyone watch Expedition X on Wed night? They investigated a ranch that had recently had 5 bulls mutilated, and evaluated the possibility of natural causes (ruled out), human cults, UFO's (saw and filmed unexplained lights), and secret govt programs to survey animals for evidence of radiation exposure.

Of course, they couldn't prove anything, but the discussion was interesting, and in the end, they sort of thought a clandestine govt program was most likely but couldn't explain all the lights in the sky.
I saw that...Their little experiment where they left a recently deceased bull out for the insects & other scavengers was declared by them to NOT support that as the explanation for the particular lesions noted on the 'Mutilated cattle" but I thought they white-washed it--purposely not showing good, focused pictures of the results.... It seemed to me that the results were exactly the same.---the insects went preferably for the soft tissue around the eyes, ears, mouth, nostrils and any tears in the hide.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:32 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
I saw that...Their little experiment where they left a recently deceased bull out for the insects & other scavengers was declared by them to NOT support that as the explanation for the particular lesions noted on the 'Mutilated cattle" but I thought they white-washed it--purposely not showing good, focused pictures of the results.... It seemed to me that the results were exactly the same.---the insects went preferably for the soft tissue around the eyes, ears, mouth, nostrils and any tears in the hide.
There are many variables when they do try to set up one of these test. Such as: Did the original cow die of bloat and the test cow died of something else? What was the temperature for the original cow and the test cow? Amount of sunlight on the carcass? Humidity/precipitation? Time of the year?

I did not see the program so I really cannot comment.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:21 PM

I just read an article about this rancher in Texas, he was finding dead calves randomly on his property...this was not about 'cattle mutilations', but I thought it was interesting, because, of the 8 calves he has found so far, NONE of the carcasses looked anything like they do at these 'cattle mutilation' sites!, eyes, and body were intact, no missing skin, or organs.

The article was about how he and his vet eventually found it was some rare disease killing them and had something to do with the grain they were eating.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:43 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
What close-ups did you want particularly?

I agree, the job the insects did did not look like the surgically cut images commonly found on mutilated animals. If any of the sections of the episode were too quick for you, I can extract the frames so that we can see and discuss them. If you want a more scientific result, then maybe you contact Fisheye as I believe he is the who referred us to insects being the culprits in a previous discussion. Maybe he has a link to a more scientific study.

On the program, Phil did find radiation at the abandoned army camp which he claimed was from it being used recently by military helicopters with equipment which used radioactive isotopes for sensing various things.

Chris O'Brien in his book Stalking the Herd has done loads of research into the mutilation phenomena. Maybe you read that book too. He seems to think it is military testing from radiation-producing sites nearby (such as power stations, military bases, government owned research labs, etc)

Most of these mutilations 'hotspots' have been shown to have these kind of radiation-producing sites in the locality. The claim is that the government is monitoring the groundwater and emissions into the atmosphere over areas which are both downwind and in the water flow route in case of leaks (or dumping) from these sites.

The unidentified light caught by the IR camera in the sky was interesting as well.

Old 11-20-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
What close-ups did you want particularly?

I agree, the job the insects did did not look like the surgically cut images commonly found on mutilated animals. If any of the sections of the episode were too quick for you, I can extract the frames so that we can see and discuss them. If you want a more scientific result, then maybe you contact Fisheye as I believe he is the who referred us to insects being the culprits in a previous discussion. Maybe he has a link to a more scientific study.

On the program, Phil did find radiation at the abandoned army camp which he claimed was from it being used recently by military helicopters with equipment which used radioactive isotopes for sensing various things.

Chris O'Brien in his book Stalking the Herd has done loads of research into the mutilation phenomena. Maybe you read that book too. He seems to think it is military testing from radiation-producing sites nearby (such as power stations, military bases, government owned research labs, etc)

Most of these mutilations 'hotspots' have been shown to have these kind of radiation-producing sites in the locality. The claim is that the government is monitoring the groundwater and emissions into the atmosphere over areas which are both downwind and in the water flow route in case of leaks (or dumping) from these sites.

The unidentified light caught by the IR camera in the sky was interesting as well.
IDK about that, if it was Govt doing this, why do it so secretively? People may even like the fact the Govt is doing this testing in their area, (to keep them safer).

In addition, they wouldnt necessarily have to mutilate cattle to check for these things anyway, looking at trees in the area would give them the same radiation level information for the area.

I think its something 'nefarious' at work with these cattle mutilations...if you search 'cattle mutilations'...90% of the results that pop up are alien, UFO related...lets just say, I think that may be what the govt wants people to believe!

Old 11-21-2020, 01:31 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,658,309 times
I agree that the govt could obtain tissue samples without killing the animals, or clandestinely buy a small ranch and graze their own animals, or just buy a dang steer from a ranch and haul it off to a govt lab. The mutilations and public reaction seem unnecessary. It would also seem to be too much of a coincidence for the lights (which clearly can move about in a way far beyond a known helicopter's capabilities) and a govt surveillance program to be operating simultaneously.

I like Expedition X. They usually take on a little-known interesting problem, discuss the possibilities, and set up some good tests and/or surveillance. They're never going to get to the bottom of anything, but that's only to be expected in an hour-long program. I'd never even heard of the Mammoth Cave "ghosts" or the Cambodian jungle monster before seeing their episodes.

Old 11-21-2020, 04:11 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,473,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I agree that the govt could obtain tissue samples without killing the animals, or clandestinely buy a small ranch and graze their own animals, or just buy a dang steer from a ranch and haul it off to a govt lab. The mutilations and public reaction seem unnecessary. It would also seem to be too much of a coincidence for the lights (which clearly can move about in a way far beyond a known helicopter's capabilities) and a govt surveillance program to be operating simultaneously.

I like Expedition X. They usually take on a little-known interesting problem, discuss the possibilities, and set up some good tests and/or surveillance. They're never going to get to the bottom of anything, but that's only to be expected in an hour-long program. I'd never even heard of the Mammoth Cave "ghosts" or the Cambodian jungle monster before seeing their episodes.
The gov. could buy a farmer's cow for a tenth the price it would cost to put up a helicopter. Which makes me think it probably is the government, not that I think about it.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:29 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
The gov. could buy a farmer's cow for a tenth the price it would cost to put up a helicopter.
Not half as much fun as playing with big boy's toys like helicopters !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal