Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 03:18 PM

2,459 posts, read 2,477,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe the term is called a 'tulpa', Ive heard some people talking about it, but its pretty far out there as theories go!

I would not be surprised though if there is some degree of truth to this though...and that would be extremely scary!

As an experiment, lets everyone think of a big pile of $20 bills on my kitchen floor! LOL
Some believe that Bigfoot is a tulpa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 08:09 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Why would Bigfoot need to howl, scream, wood-knock, make 'nests', 'shelters', defend and have a territory, interact with humans, if it was paranormal? Presumably, if it is paranormal, it was coming here for some reason, then what reason would a creature from another reality be coming to ours?

It does not need humans for anything. Maybe there is no food in this other reality it comes from? That means it is like an early settler perhaps?

Old 10-27-2020, 11:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Some believe that Bigfoot is a tulpa.
I dont know about that, Ive never heard anyone who believes that.

I dont think it matches what a 'Tulpa' is...Bigfoot used to be something NOT MANY people gave much serious thought to...there are many more people interested in the topic today, if Bigfoot was a tulpa, I would think it would be the opposite, (lots of interest long ago...and now not so much), but that isnt what we have seen, its the exact opposite of that.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:04 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Let’s not have a thread that’s not about Bigfoot turn into a thread about Bigfoot. In other words, back on topic please.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:38 PM

2,459 posts, read 2,477,919 times
Could it be the unsettled weather and natural disasters of 2020 are a result of the social unrest sweeping the nation? Sounds like a bigger stretch than a 10 pound rubber band, but who knows for sure?

Old 10-28-2020, 07:56 PM

I dont think many people really want to consider a world in which THEY are responsible for what they experience. It is so much easier to blame something outside of ourselves when bad things happen to us. Religion has been telling us this story for thousands of years - that we need to blame the devil for bad things and praise God for the good things. They really dont want us realising that we control our own destiny. Where is the control in that? With ourselves and no-one else.

Old 10-29-2020, 06:50 AM

1,386 posts, read 999,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I believe the way to do it is to put the energy into what you want and then allow the Universe to produce it in the way it works. For example, a lottery win, or a tax rebate, etc By trying to limit the Universe to 100 dollar bills or for it to appear in your basement may not be the way the energy manifests.
Okay, fair enough. But I must tell you, when the Mega Millions or the Powerball lottery gets over $100 million, I will usually buy a ticket or two. And I really, really, REALLY want to win that lottery. And that's part of the reason I buy the tickets--because until the numbers are drawn, in my reality, I imagine winning that money. And I imagine, really imagine how it would change my life. For instance--no more yard work. I'd never have to mow my lawn again. I'd never have to fly COACH again. I really create the world, in my head, where I'd be if I won the lottery.

And then I don't win. At least not yet. So I'm not sure what that article is trying to say. I get it. QM is a thing. Quantum entanglement is a thing. What I don't get is the whole "it doesn't exist unless it's observed" thing. That stumps me.

--

Last edited by Bill790; 10-29-2020 at 07:04 AM..

Old 10-29-2020, 07:03 AM

1,386 posts, read 999,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Let’s not have a thread that’s not about Bigfoot turn into a thread about Bigfoot. In other words, back on topic please.
Oh c'mon, hadn't you heard? EVERYthing is always about Bigfoot.

--

Old 10-30-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Okay, fair enough. But I must tell you, when the Mega Millions or the Powerball lottery gets over $100 million, I will usually buy a ticket or two. And I really, really, REALLY want to win that lottery. And that's part of the reason I buy the tickets--because until the numbers are drawn, in my reality, I imagine winning that money. And I imagine, really imagine how it would change my life. For instance--no more yard work. I'd never have to mow my lawn again. I'd never have to fly COACH again. I really create the world, in my head, where I'd be if I won the lottery.

And then I don't win. At least not yet. So I'm not sure what that article is trying to say. I get it. QM is a thing. Quantum entanglement is a thing. What I don't get is the whole "it doesn't exist unless it's observed" thing. That stumps me.
--
Ok, then I would ask you this..."Who is observing the world from your perspective, right now?" You are, right? We only know something exists because it generates a response in our brain - normally a visual response, but for blind people it is a touchy-feely response, so unless there is someone(us) acting like the measuring instrument, we cannot be sure there is ANYTHING there to measure.

Who can say it exists if there is no-one there to see/feel/hear/etc it? Maybe it doesn't?

That means we generate a world-view in our head, like we project a 3D model of the world we see/touch/feel onto the inside of a bubble we are walking around inside and we interact with each 'thing' in that artificial world.

Imagine a 3D game you are watching through headgear. In a perfect game, that would be the world we are living in here on Earth. Like the Matrix. Maybe when we are born, 'they' slip on the headgear and start the program and away we go, immersed in our 3D reality.

This is a scary image of our life !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal