Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 03:41 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,675,553 times

Advertisements

I have noticed that there seems to be a variety of answers for what is Bigfoot. I no longer am a believer like I was in my much younger years. When I was a believer my belief was Bigfoot is a real live humanoid/ape like animal. It is what made the most sense to me. What is you belief on what Bigfoot is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 04:45 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Without one dead carcass to study I do not think anybody can really answer your question. We have been presented with artist drawings and pictures, some taken from the various movies made, but we have nothing to say this is what they are. Some of the pictures look like gorillas and some like wolfman. I don't think anybody knows for sure because all can be our mental interpretations of what we think they look like. You see the blurred pictures, that are claimed to be the beast, and it is hard to say what we are looking at.

Our world has become smaller, especially in my 73 years. It was easier to believe when I was in my teens and early twenties. There were no cellphones, cellphone cameras, or game cameras back then. There were no drones or even the internet. However, even then we had small aircraft like the Cessna's. They could legally fly at 500 feet altitude when not in restricted areas. You can see a lot at that altitude, especially in the winter time with ground snow cover. A large creature moving fast would catch somebody's attention. For about fifteen years I drove commercial trucks and covered about 100,000 miles per year. I always looked for wildlife while driving to kill the time. Some of the miles I drove were through State and National forest and during the winter months, when the leaves were off the trees, I could survey many miles of forest every trip. Very few people other than other truck drivers and small plane pilots see as much of our Country as I saw when driving.

We have played these games with the believers like it is up to us to prove they do not exist, but they are the ones claiming they do exist. The ball is in their court and they have to do better than campfire stories.

Old 10-23-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Without one dead carcass to study I do not think anybody can really answer your question. We have been presented with artist drawings and pictures, some taken from the various movies made, but we have nothing to say this is what they are. Some of the pictures look like gorillas and some like wolfman. I don't think anybody knows for sure because all can be our mental interpretations of what we think they look like. You see the blurred pictures, that are claimed to be the beast, and it is hard to say what we are looking at.

Our world has become smaller, especially in my 73 years. It was easier to believe when I was in my teens and early twenties. There were no cellphones, cellphone cameras, or game cameras back then. There were no drones or even the internet. However, even then we had small aircraft like the Cessna's. They could legally fly at 500 feet altitude when not in restricted areas. You can see a lot at that altitude, especially in the winter time with ground snow cover. A large creature moving fast would catch somebody's attention. For about fifteen years I drove commercial trucks and covered about 100,000 miles per year. I always looked for wildlife while driving to kill the time. Some of the miles I drove were through State and National forest and during the winter months, when the leaves were off the trees, I could survey many miles of forest every trip. Very few people other than other truck drivers and small plane pilots see as much of our Country as I saw when driving.

We have played these games with the believers like it is up to us to prove they do not exist, but they are the ones claiming they do exist. The ball is in their court and they have to do better than campfire stories.
My question really has nothing to do with if you believe or not. It is for believers only because there seems to be a huge difference in what the believers believe. One poster has changed their view from a similar view to what I had to something supernatural now. I don't believe there can be a wrong answer, only opinions.

Old 10-23-2020, 10:34 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
My question really has nothing to do with if you believe or not. It is for believers only because there seems to be a huge difference in what the believers believe. One poster has changed their view from a similar view to what I had to something supernatural now. I don't believe there can be a wrong answer, only opinions.
There are a few different 'camps' on this topic....some believe its a simple animal, flesh and blood, nothing paranormal or supernatural...others believe they are inner dimensional, and they can come and go as they please thru portals...others believe they have some connection to 'aliens', (there has been those that say areas that see alot of Bigfoot sightings, also have alot of UFO reports).

Old 10-24-2020, 03:30 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
I do not think all the different varieties of 'bigfoot' can ALL be paranormal cryptids. I think they all have to be real life hominids which are left-overs from our past lineage and from a different branch of the tree. I am fairly certain some part of the government knows what they are and even has DNA from them, but the problems it would cause by revealing the fact of its existence would cause too many problems and would tie up various departments for years trying to sort out where it sat in the legislation, what it meant for belief systems (and there are a few really strong believers in government). I just think everything else is taking more priority at the moment, so they are keeping the whole issue for later when things have calmed down and they know what kind of spin to put on it, they will bring it out.

Old 10-24-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I do not think all the different varieties of 'bigfoot' can ALL be paranormal cryptids. I think they all have to be real life hominids which are left-overs from our past lineage and from a different branch of the tree.
The bold part was my belief also. I considered the different varieties of bigfoot the same as I do the different varieties of us humans. Maybe different color or size but all the same.

Old 10-24-2020, 09:18 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I like the Bigfoot stories, although probably 95% of the sightings and stories of encounters by experts are bogus. Except for maybe David Paulides, based on his fine work on disappearances, he's probably just reporting stories that seem to have actual merit.
But IF Bigfoot is real, I lean to them being the desecendants of the Nephilim. The union of fallen angels and man. The old Giants of the bible. They'd be more supernatural and possibly able to cloud the fact of their existence through extraordinary means.

Old 10-24-2020, 09:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I like the Bigfoot stories, although probably 95% of the sightings and stories of encounters by experts are bogus. Except for maybe David Paulides, based on his fine work on disappearances, he's probably just reporting stories that seem to have actual merit.
But IF Bigfoot is real, I lean to them being the desecendants of the Nephilim. The union of fallen angels and man. The old Giants of the bible. They'd be more supernatural and possibly able to cloud the fact of their existence through extraordinary means.
The only problem I have with the Nephilim theory, is they would have no reason to 'hide' their existence from man, in fact, the Nephlilm acted quite the opposite in biblical days, they would kill and fight with humans, they probably felt they were superior to man, since they have divine lineage, that was the problem fallen angels had in the first place...they felt they were better than man, God felt otherwise.

Plus, in the days of the Nephilim, they didnt hide from anyone, they lived in groups/ cities and human cities knew of them, and where they lived.

Even in more recent times, with the mound builders, building a giant mound is not exactly hiding or being secretive.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:18 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,487,028 times
https://www.sasquatchcanada.com/uplo...ct_15_2013.pdf

Check out the above link. It's talking about Patty, once again that film is conclusive proof that Sasquatch exist. But if that statement makes you mad, prove me wrong. Read the above link and get back to me. Read it, contemplate your navel, and do get back to me.

Note that the author says this about the Patterson-Gimlin subject:

WHAT CAN WE CONCLUDE FROM
THIS PRESENTATION?
First off, it is important to understand that to find any sort of
meaningful hoax indicators (costume fasteners of any sort) in the
P/G film, or any film/video for that matter, then the subject could not
be any more than about 25 feet away, and a very good camera
would be needed (not a point-and-shoot or cell phone camera). This
is very unlikely to occur. Getting that close to a sasquatch and then
taking a photograph/video has almost lottery odds, mainly because
a sasquatch would not allow one to get that close.

As a result of this, we have a Catch 22 situation. We cannot
prove a subject is a hoax, and we cannot prove it is real because
hoax indicators cannot be seen even if they were there. Also keep
in mind that such indicators would be skillfully concealed in any
professionally made costume.
We must therefore depend on other less decisive indicators to
judge whether or not a creature seen is a natural being (not a hoax).
The first major consideration as to the P/G film is that whatever
was filmed had to have a walking height of 7 feet 3.5 inches—not
impossible for a human, but very unlikely. The next is that its arms
and legs proportions would have to be essentially outside those of
any known human. When these factors are taken in conjunction with
the many other observations I have provided, then the decision as
to Patty’s reality moves from a POSSIBILITY to a PROBABILITY. In
other words, the creature we see in the P/G film is probably what
we believe to be a sasquatch or bigfoot. This is absolutely as far as
we can take the argument. Bones, a body, or part thereof, must be
obtained to prove beyond a doubt that sasquatch exist.

What I'm saying is I've already seen indicators of a Sasquatch right in the cozy Edmonds, WA, neighborhood I grew up in! That branch wasn't shook by an elk, that's an absurd claim. It was shook by a Sasquatch. And when the creature spoke, I thought "What was that? I've never heard anything like it." I hope I get the chance again. Patterson and Gimlin were from Yakima, WA. Once again, I've mentioned that countless times on this thread. There's something magical about the West Coast of the U.S. and Canada.

Here's the link to Bigfoot Canada. It's an extremely good site ta go to ta learn all about BigFeet. Don't choke on your coffee whilst you peruse. It'll hit you where it hurts.

https://www.sasquatchcanada.com/

Remember, when you're angry, you can't learn. Perhaps that's why I know so much about these creatures, I saw one at the treeline in north Edmonds, WA! Are you angry because you haven't seen one of these critters? Why? That's the question you need ta ask yourselves.

Read it. Think about it. Get back ta all of us on it.

Oh, rstevens62, I agree with you on the paranormal effect of BigFoot. They're not paranormal, as far as I know, that is. I suppose a demon can evoke nasty smells, right? BigFoot stink to high heaven.

There's something to these creatures. Don't smirk - they're real. I thank MK Davis for all of his great research. He's the best. Check him out on YouTube. I want to thank Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin for their work on the film, too. Have you ever thought how much work goes in to these features?

I didn't think so. You have to think about these BigFeet with an open mind. If you're angry about not having a body, you won't be able to take valuable information in on the subject.

I don't know. For some reason, BigFeet never make me angry. At all. They absolutely intrigue me. Really. Now get reading. And don't worry about the time it will take. Concentrate. Turn off the TV. Ignore your cellular phone. Read. Take it all in and breathe deep.

The gathering gloom.

Last edited by elkotronics; 10-25-2020 at 05:38 AM..

Old 10-25-2020, 09:10 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,866,470 times
Just another species in the woods, simple as that. No UFOs, interdimensional portals, or abilities tp transport anywhere anytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal