Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 12:55 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times

Advertisements

The math says that there should be communicable intelligence out there somewhere but as of yet, we have absolutely zero evidence that any exists.

This guy says we are alone and I agree with him.

https://www.ted.com/talks/stephen_we...pt?language=en
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 02:35 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The math says that there should be communicable intelligence out there somewhere but as of yet, we have absolutely zero evidence that any exists.

This guy says we are alone and I agree with him.

https://www.ted.com/talks/stephen_we...pt?language=en
Now that is a 13 minute video worth watching. Thank for the link.

Old 10-26-2020, 05:21 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
There are many galaxies, with many more stars in each, and likely many with planets, some capable of forming and sustaining life.

However, we all got the same start, and there is no reason to believe that any possible life on other planets is any more advanced than we are.
okay, I'll bite. How is it widely know all planets started around the same time? Big bang?
Astronomers are debating there were different big bangs or just a bang in our universe.

If they started at the same time I guess they each had dinosaurs and similar ice ages & deadly meteor strikes too?

Scientists & Astronomers are finding new information all the time.
Mars didn't start the same time as earth.
With the millions of earth like planets small & larger sizes in other galaxies it is not likely.

Quote:
Even if there were more advanced life, the distances are incredible and it would take some fantastic technology to make interstellar/intergalactic travel practical. I believe there is a way to do this, but it would take enormous amounts of energy...amounts that would not be feasible unless/until a method is found to enable total conversion of matter to energy.
I just find this thinking about great distances too limited. You'd have to argue with historic events and stories almost each century about flying ships with people coming out from religious books to ancient civilizations witnessing it (Mayans, Aztecs, North American Indian tribes) as well as South America natives. There's also accounts in old Europe. From 5-10 percent of these sightings/objects in our skies and space cannot be explained away.

If you mean unmanned craft I can believe that as well. There's just too much visual evidence being revealed past & present that describes it just as those in the past or people who could not have ever possibly met each other. This is why an increasing number of people believe it.

Quote:
The technology to do this would also enable the creation of weapons that would make the largest nuclear weapons we currently posses look like 'snappers' in comparison.

Could any civilization with such power also have sufficient restraint to avoid using it for destructive purposes? Given what we know of the nature of evolution', with the inherent fight to survive, I consider it somewhat less likely...imagine that kind of power in the hands of a nation like N. Korea, or Iran, or Iraq...
If you don't dream or think big, you will always have limits on how far you can go.

not every civilization thinks of killing or controlling others. Look at the animals on land and sealife. They only kill each other to survive. Otherwise, the herbivores all get along very well which is why we have jungles and ecosystems. You can train different species (dogs and cats) to nurture each other. hell I saw a video of a hippo protect a young wildabeast crossing the river from crocs. Civilization is not all barbaric. So far only us humans

Last edited by frankrj; 10-26-2020 at 06:29 PM..

Old 10-26-2020, 07:46 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
I definitely agree with Frankrj's post above. For some of us, our thinking just cannot go beyond what we are told is our current technology. Light speed is the current limit, so that means it will always be the limit. The argument goes, distances are so vast and spaceships travel so slowly that it would take years to go from one Earth to another earth-like planet.

Yet we do have many many reports of aliens being seen coming out of space craft, of aliens abducting people, of space craft popping out of nowhere into our skies. All these things suggest (but not prove) there is other alien life out there and it MUST either be living here on Earth with us, or it must travel to Earth. There have even been crashes of craft which have reportedly contained aliens inside.

I am amazed how folks can deny so many of these reports and pass them off as ALL untrue. It only needs one to be true for the phenomena itself to be true, yet like blinkered horses, some continue to see or acknowledge nothing. I reckon it is fear which is the driving force of those beliefs in these people.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:58 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,350,276 times
Those three stone-slabs which serve as foundation for the Baalbek Temple were NOT cut, transported & settled into-place by HUMAN hands, or human 'ingenuity'.

Someone or some 'thing' else, did it...and a great-many OTHER mind-boggling feats of engineering peppered all-over this entire planet.

Whoever, WHAT-ever 'They' were...I have no problems whatsoever believing that we will eventually be visited again...but ONLY when THEY decide we are READY.

Sadly, for the time-being...we (as a species) barely even blink at the unbelievably-high price-tag necessary to send an un-manned probe to scratch the dust of Mars to find evidence of ANCIENT water...and yet there are STILL scare-crow skinny/emanciated women in Ethiopia, India & Argentina (just to name a few) who walk for MILES just to get a gallon of BARELY drinkable-water, for their families.

Fallacies such as that right there, are why aliens probably continually fly right PAST us, rather than stop just long enough to say "Hi".

Old 10-27-2020, 07:58 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times
It is time for people to stop denying the reports by credible people.
- O'Hare Airport daytime sighting by hundreds on the ground.
- Phoenix lights
- China airport; had to stop flights due to a UFO
- Mexico - too many to list

Military fighter jets encounters with UAP (UFO's) and USO's (sea) from various countries. Comm'l airliners.

We do have incredibly brilliant outside the box thinkers, aka astro physicists, who confirmed wormholes exist and it's perfectly feasible to bend time and transport objects. They've done experiments in their labs. As our people become more advanced in 200-400 years maybe even people can be moved. Who would have thought about video phones 300 years ago working or airplanes, or cloning animals?

different planets likely have different chemical compounds & elements and you guessed it, properties. What happens on earth is not the absolute rule everywhere else. What happens on an alien's planet however or galaxy may actually work better in ours solar system. There is so much to learn about everywhere else in the universe it almost makes you want to off yourself and hope to reincarnate somewhere else...okay I am not a rock singer nor am I advising anyone to kill themself for any reason. Just trying to get you revved up about the infinite possibilities outside of our galaxy, the unknown.

As Ltdumbear described above,
The perfectly cut humongous stone slabs weighing tons located in parts of the world makes me believe that we may have had true giants here. It fits in well with biblical stories and ancient civilization accounts of giants. And then the great flood wiped them out? or it may have been aliens.

We are simply not a very caring species. We have extreme excesses of wealth owning many castles and people living across borders in poverty. We ridicule, criticize, disparage & kill based on religious & political views and some injure millions with man-made drugs, addictions, or mental deficiencies. That's not an advanced civilization aliens would be eager to meet.

What group of people in our world are truly caring and live a simple life and equal to others in the community? monks, buddhists, any others?
That was a rant, huh.

Last edited by frankrj; 10-27-2020 at 08:22 AM..

Old 10-27-2020, 10:12 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
We have never been visited by any extraterrestrials and in all likelihood we never will encounter any.

I'll even take it one step further, it would be a disaster if we ever did. Either we would kill it or we would make it kill us.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
Yes, our technology will surely advance, and there may be other life forms out there with technology more advanced than ours, BUT that really doesn't change the fact that the distance between stars is enormous. And light speed is indeed the Universe's speed limit, but practically speaking, even with greatly advanced technology, interstellar travel will have a difficult time getting anywhere near light speed.

With current tech, it would take about 6,000 years to get to the nearest star, which is just over 4 lightyears. And ours is a big galaxy - with a diameter of about 100,000 lightyears. And then the distance between galaxies? It's crazy!
How can you even begin to speculate on what technological hurdles another civilization has?!

We already have our theories on 'worm holes' and other things that can theoretically alter space and time, but what if this other civilization has something totally different, something that enables them to travel anywhere in a very short amount of time? Maybe its something that we cannot even comprehend yet?

I dont believe the things people are seeing as UFOs today, are coming from 'somewhere else' though, I believe they originate on earth, but at the same time, I would NEVER put current human technological hurdles onto another civilization that I knew nothing about...

You do realize, if you had asked the top scientific minds back in the 1950s, whether people would ever have tiny super computers they could carry around in their pockets...they would have said NO, that is not possible.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:23 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,350,276 times
Scary version ?

Inside every human-being is the soul of an Alien, in varying-states of 'self-awareness'...wondering "what in the hell I might've said or done, that I deserved being stuck-inside this 'meat-bag' for however long it takes for it to become worn-out, or until it gets mashed-up in an automobile-accident, freak-storm, or :: you fill in the blank :: "

...and then, there are countless BILLIONS of said-souls, who NEVER became nearly-aware enough (of the conundrum they were caught-up in) until their own human-bodies eventually 'gave-out', thereby releasing said alien-soul.

Maybe..just MAYBE that's what this thing called 'life' (here on Earth) is really all-about ? ?

I dunno...maybe I'm just reachin' here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 10-27-2020, 04:14 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
Scary version ?

Inside every human-being is the soul of an Alien, in varying-states of 'self-awareness'...wondering "what in the hell I might've said or done, that I deserved being stuck-inside this 'meat-bag' for however long it takes for it to become worn-out, or until it gets mashed-up in an automobile-accident, freak-storm, or :: you fill in the blank :: "

...and then, there are countless BILLIONS of said-souls, who NEVER became nearly-aware enough (of the conundrum they were caught-up in) until their own human-bodies eventually 'gave-out', thereby releasing said alien-soul.

Maybe..just MAYBE that's what this thing called 'life' (here on Earth) is really all-about ? ?

I dunno...maybe I'm just reachin' here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yep, you sure are...and I know exactly where ( )*( ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal