Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 05:10 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I have no idea and don't know how we could possibly come up with a reliable estimate.

I think the chances of there being life out there --- even intelligent life --- is pretty good. The chances any of it is visiting Earth? Slim at best. Maybe even minuscule.
I agree. The chances of life, even intelligent life out there, are excellent. That being said, I imagine they would want to stay far away from Earth. It's not like humans have done much to improve the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 05:49 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
This thread is interesting as there are basically two groups - one cannot see outside the tight little box they live within, and the other is willing to look at all the experiences others have had and give them, as a collection of data, some credibility.

The strange thing is, the ones who cannot see how it might be possible for aliens to be here or to be visiting Earth, are the ones who are more scientifically minded out of the two groups.

Old 10-27-2020, 06:28 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I agree. The chances of life, even intelligent life out there, are excellent. That being said, I imagine they would want to stay far away from Earth. It's not like humans have done much to improve the planet.
I agree with the statement about the chances of life. But I do not think they would stay far away if they thought that we could be colonized. I use us as an example. Native America was safe as long as the Europeans thought the world was flat, the seas were filled with monsters, and one could sail off the edge. But that did not last forever.

In the big picture survival is about having your eggs in many baskets so, if one is dropped, you still have a hand in the game. Right now a cataclysmic destruction would wipe out what we know of humanity. An off-world base might save our species. My feeling is, that if aliens ever make it to our little corner of the universe, that our days would be numbered. It is even possible that an AI scout force could prepare the way for eventual settlements.

Old 10-27-2020, 11:10 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
The guy in the video obviously doesn't know enough or only knows to the extent if our current science. The Navy pilot UFO video obviously showed what little we know about physics. The UFO is able to defy our knowledge of gravity and propulsion. While the heavens is massive and distance is astronomical. The UFO in the video and navy pilot's testimony clearly shows it's able to achieve mach 10 speeds near instant and no energy or heat source can be detected in that video.

Clearly our technology is inferior to what is out there. Our current civilization existed for less than 30k years. Some other planets may have civilizations that existed for a million years without being wiped out by extinction events like ours.

Just think of what could've happened to our current civilization in the next 2 thousand years if we managed to not get wiped out.

Old 10-28-2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The guy in the video obviously doesn't know enough or only knows to the extent if our current science. The Navy pilot UFO video obviously showed what little we know about physics. The UFO is able to defy our knowledge of gravity and propulsion. While the heavens is massive and distance is astronomical. The UFO in the video and navy pilot's testimony clearly shows it's able to achieve mach 10 speeds near instant and no energy or heat source can be detected in that video.

Clearly our technology is inferior to what is out there. Our current civilization existed for less than 30k years. Some other planets may have civilizations that existed for a million years without being wiped out by extinction events like ours.

Just think of what could've happened to our current civilization in the next 2 thousand years if we managed to not get wiped out.

I dont think anyone in the general public or normal military has any idea just what has been developed and what exists in the Area 51's of this world.

Have a look at this City-Data thread and see what you think...

This technology has been around for years already, which means we MUST have power sources which are much better than nuclear and which are far more destructive as weapons too. Think about that for a moment - nuclear bombs are now old hat and outdated. Where is that technology now, why are we not seeing it in everyday use?

Ever since the nuclear arms treaty was signed because, as a government, you do not limit your own and enemies capability unless you know you have something far more powerful up your sleeve.

In the early days, some domestic "UFO's" were spitting red flames and fire out of the bottom and causing radiation burns to people close by, leaving radiation traces on the ground, etc. The 1980 Cash-Landrum incident registered burns and falling hair, a typical radiation side-effect.

Look at the date of the articles below (2011) Both from Space.com

========================================
Quote:
Superfast Military Aircraft Hit Mach 20 Before Ocean Crash, DARPA Says
By Space.com Staff August 18, 2011

A superfast unmanned military plane traveled at 20 times the speed of sound and managed to control itself for three minutes before crashing into the Pacific Ocean in a recent test, military officials said.

The prototype Falcon Hypersonic Technology Vehicle 2 (HTV-2), billed as the fastest aircraft ever built, splashed down in the Pacific earlier than planned on Aug. 11 shortly after launching from California's Vandenberg Air Force Base on its second-ever test flight.
================================

Source
Quote:
Superfast Military Aircraft Lost in Test Flight

By Tariq Malik August 11, 2011

Falcon Hypersonic HTV-2 Gliding
The Falcon hypersonic HTV-2 is an unmanned, rocket-launched, maneuverable aircraft that glides through the Earth’s atmosphere at incredibly fast speeds.
(Image: © DARPA)

This story was updated at 5:43 p.m. EDT.

Editor's note: DARPA released an update late today confirming that the Falcon HTV-2 aircraft impacted the Pacific Ocean along its planned flight path. Read the full story here.

The U.S. military lost contact with an unmanned hypersonic glider shortly after it launched on a test flight today (Aug. 11) as part of a global strike weapons program to develop vehicles capable of flying at Mach 20 and reach any target in the world in an hour.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 10-28-2020 at 07:51 PM..

Old 10-29-2020, 08:07 AM

144 posts, read 81,049 times
I firmly believe in aliens and life in other planets, I also believe that a lot of governments try to "hide" this reality to humanity and that there is a lot that we don't know. A lot of information is filtered and only a small percentage of people can access to it, but has to keep everything in secret. As well I believe that they try to help us but don't want to be "discovered" or to come in contact with us.
It is also true that there is a big number of fakes (the majority of cases probably).

Old 10-29-2020, 08:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgLaw View Post
I firmly believe in aliens and life in other planets, I also believe that a lot of governments try to "hide" this reality to humanity and that there is a lot that we don't know. A lot of information is filtered and only a small percentage of people can access to it, but has to keep everything in secret. As well I believe that they try to help us but don't want to be "discovered" or to come in contact with us.
It is also true that there is a big number of fakes (the majority of cases probably).
I dont think they have helped us at all really, if they did 'trade' or give us tech, its kept from the general public, so only a few get to use it (whats the point of that?) I also dont understand why they feel the need to hide or stay in the shadows.

I have my own theories on my what they are, but I cannot say Im right for sure, I think its more likely, they are something that we cannot define or categorize...we do not have a word for 'what they are'.

Old 11-30-2020, 03:05 AM

This is in 1977 when this woman was taken down under Edwards AFB by her husband. Look at the drawing made and it looks like some of the cryptids seen by people and reported by them over the years. Some say they look like 'demons' and it is likely that these 'demons' are what was seen and depicted on church outside walls.

Celestine Star interview.

Quote:
Fierce looking, probably about 7 feet tall. And just as I was gazing in, it turned its head and it had the reptilian face was there and the elongated nose. But it had an apparatus over its mouth. It looked like a lizard person standing up, but the hind legs were much bigger, stronger arms and muscular chest. Green, green skin, scaly. Different colors of green to yellowish, you know yellow-green around the inside inside of the arms. Hands with sharp claw-like hands.

Old 11-30-2020, 04:42 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
Scary version ?

Inside every human-being is the soul of an Alien, in varying-states of 'self-awareness'...wondering "what in the hell I might've said or done, that I deserved being stuck-inside this 'meat-bag' for however long it takes for it to become worn-out, or until it gets mashed-up in an automobile-accident, freak-storm, or :: you fill in the blank :: "

...and then, there are countless BILLIONS of said-souls, who NEVER became nearly-aware enough (of the conundrum they were caught-up in) until their own human-bodies eventually 'gave-out', thereby releasing said alien-soul.

Maybe..just MAYBE that's what this thing called 'life' (here on Earth) is really all-about ? ?

I dunno...maybe I'm just reachin' here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hello fellow psychonaut. This was my exact thought when I returned to Earth from my first inter-stellar trip decades ago. As I became aware of my surroundings and realized that I was a physical being who had only temporarily achieved omniscience through a heroic dose of psilocybin I was overwhelmed with depression. That depression was soon replaced by the happy realization that the star traveler inside me now had the means to escape that "meat-bag". Inter-galactic travel is quite possible but as it stands at this stage of our development it can't be done physically.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:49 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Hello fellow psychonaut. This was my exact thought when I returned to Earth from my first inter-stellar trip decades ago. As I became aware of my surroundings and realized that I was a physical being who had only temporarily achieved omniscience through a heroic dose of psilocybin I was overwhelmed with depression. That depression was soon replaced by the happy realization that the star traveler inside me now had the means to escape that "meat-bag". Inter-galactic travel is quite possible but as it stands at this stage of our development it can't be done physically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal