Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 11:43 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times

Advertisements

Regarding dragons, I love seahorses. And to me it’s very easy to see why people could think dragons are real. Because seahorses look like little tiny baby dragons. In fact there is a seahorse called a leafy sea dragon. They are pretty cool looking.

My late husband thought it was kind of weird that I really truly loved seahorses because to me, they’re almost magical creatures. Because I would rather do almost anything then go to a beach. I am not an ocean person at all.

The last time we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, I spent at least a half an hour or more at the seahorse tanks just watching them. Now I need a Kleenex.

Old 11-08-2020, 11:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Regarding dragons, I love seahorses. And to me it’s very easy to see why people could think dragons are real. Because seahorses look like little tiny baby dragons. In fact there is a seahorse called a leafy sea dragon. They are pretty cool looking.

My late husband thought it was kind of weird that I really truly loved seahorses because to me, they’re almost magical creatures. Because I would rather do almost anything then go to a beach. I am not an ocean person at all.

The last time we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, I spent at least a half an hour or more at the seahorse tanks just watching them. Now I need a Kleenex.
Seahorses are very cool little things! I just read an article about this guy in Southern CA who takes care of this little sea horse 'community' in the ocean near his house, they are very interesting creatures to say the least!

As far as real dragons, I do not believe they exist today...but I do believe they did at one time, here again, there are numerous historical descriptions of what can only be a 'dragon'. (some people will say they are talking about crocodiles, alligators or monitor lizards, but the descriptions do not match those animals, I had a thread on this a long time ago, it listed all the historical descriptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2020, 03:05 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Seahorses are very cool little things! I just read an article about this guy in Southern CA who takes care of this little sea horse 'community' in the ocean near his house, they are very interesting creatures to say the least!

As far as real dragons, I do not believe they exist today...but I do believe they did at one time, here again, there are numerous historical descriptions of what can only be a 'dragon'. (some people will say they are talking about crocodiles, alligators or monitor lizards, but the descriptions do not match those animals, I had a thread on this a long time ago, it listed all the historical descriptions.
I suspect dinosaur bones might once have been proof of dragons.

Old 11-08-2020, 03:47 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Apparently you never visited the Wall in SD!
You mean the town of Wall?

Quote:
As far as I know, a thread like this hasnt been done yet, I got this idea as I was listening to the new Paranormal Round Table podcast yesterday...

They were discussing some really crazy and bizarre things that people have claimed to see...like a Bigfoot with antlers, deer that apparently have sharp canine type teeth, Wendigos, Gugwees, Rakes, etc etc!!

They have been talking a lot about 'Rakes' on PRT, personally, I dont believe it, its one thing to believe in Sasquatch or a 'dogman', but when people start trying to say there are multiple creatures out there, all existing together, that just beyond the limit for me.
I don't believe in these creatures simply based on the fact that nobody has found a dead one, nobody has hit one with a car, and nobody has managed to get a clear photo with all of the technology available.

Old 11-08-2020, 04:17 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I suspect dinosaur bones might once have been proof of dragons.
Gigantopithecus was first identified by its teeth being sold in Chinese apothecaries as "dragon teeth". Dinosaur bones are still sold in Chinese apothecaries as "dragon bones". It's been suggested that the myth of the cyclops in Greek mythology was inspired by the discovery of the skulls of extinct species of elephants (mammoths, dynotheria, etc) - the single opening for the trunk looks kind of like a huge eye socket.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6276948.stm

Old 11-08-2020, 09:01 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

I LOVE the look of sea dragons, more than seahorses! They both have an interesting appearance.

Old 11-08-2020, 10:20 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
You mean the town of Wall?

I don't believe in these creatures simply based on the fact that nobody has found a dead one, nobody has hit one with a car, and nobody has managed to get a clear photo with all of the technology available.
Well, 1000s of people, from all over the world (except HI), report seeing these things...while its possible SOME are bears or other large animals, being misidentified, but that certainly cannot account for ALL sightings and encounters and 'misidentification' has some problems anyway...(namely, that in order to 'misidentify' something as a cryptid....the person would first have to believe the cryptid exists).

Plus, numerous encounters are up close, 20ft and under in many cases, and the descriptions do not match any known animal...YES, its possible the person is lying or making the whole story up, but if thats whats going on, why not a single report in HI? I cannot explain the elusiveness of these animals, but I do believe they are out there.

Last edited by rstevens62; 11-08-2020 at 10:34 PM..

Old 11-09-2020, 05:24 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Well, 1000s of people, from all over the world (except HI), report seeing these things...while its possible SOME are bears or other large animals, being misidentified, but that certainly cannot account for ALL sightings and encounters and 'misidentification' has some problems anyway...(namely, that in order to 'misidentify' something as a cryptid....the person would first have to believe the cryptid exists).

Plus, numerous encounters are up close, 20ft and under in many cases, and the descriptions do not match any known animal...YES, its possible the person is lying or making the whole story up, but if thats whats going on, why not a single report in HI? I cannot explain the elusiveness of these animals, but I do believe they are out there.
1000s all over the world and with billions of cellphones capable of shooting great pictures, not one good picture. 1000s all over the world and no one has killed one by mistake in hunting season, even though some hunters have killed other hunters by accident. 1000s all over the world and not one has been hit and killed by a car, even though cars kill many pedestrians every year. 1000s all over the world and nobody has ever found a dead one!

At sometime you have to pull the plug and realize all the cards are against Big Foot being real!

Old 11-09-2020, 06:07 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I don't believe in some kind of underground "lizard-type aliens". And although this does not fall under "supernatural", etc., I also definitely do NOT believe in astrology.

I do, however, believe in ghosts or spirits, meaning that sometimes, some essence of someone who has died remains earthbound, I also believe in ESP, and I believe that "extraterrestrials" have visited Earth many, many times. (I just put that in to show that I am not entirely closed-minded.)

Old 11-09-2020, 08:05 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The notion that BF might be some type of supernatural being, moving around in different dimensions. To me, this is just a desperate way of still trying to justify that BF somehow exists without definitive proof like ever finding a body, dead or alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Yeah, it does feel like a "cop-out", if you know what I mean.

Once you add supernatural to the equation (if you believe in such a thing), then of course the possibilities are endless.
Exactly. I do not believe cryptids are inter dimensional. If you for sure saw what you think you saw; then it lives. It eats & sleeps.

Bf is alive. Here in Colorado they are "In" the Ute Fault Line (Karst). In the PNW, they are "in" the San Andreas (Karst). In Florida they are "in" the subterranean where the sinkholes keep giving way (again; Karst). Locations without Karst literally have zero sightings reports.

My bird was most definitely alive. Had I just seen it from farther away & not felt it & heard it I might question myself more but you cannot be 10 ft away from something that big & not know if it's alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal