Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 07:36 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Many people have had encounters with aliens. Many people like you do not believe them. Your belief system has not had experiences of this sort before so therefore you do not believe others have had them either. If you experienced ghosts first hand when you were a kid, then you would probably believe in them now. Same thing with this, your common sense does not have a frame of reference for it.

If you NEEDED to speak with officials, then you would probably study the culture and see how it was organised, where the leaders operated, etc. We know what a queen bee looks like. We know the top dog of a wild dog pack. As far as language goes, they have at least 50 - 100 years of English floating through the airways, and now they have internet written words floating through the air too. Plenty of examples of our languages if they needed to study that.

No-one says any race has to be spiritually advanced in order to interact with another planet. If you wanted to enslave a race what would stop you? Although, just maybe there is a galactic police force of some kind out there, who knows?
I'm not saying I don't believe in the encounters. I'm saying I don't believe our government somehow is secretly working with aliens and hiding it from anyone else. How would an alien race know which government here on earth to work with? Our government has been known not to be able to keep secrets and for something that big I'm pretty sure some hacker would have already uncovered this secret information if it was stored somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Since they are flying in aircraft, its likely their first 'official' contact was with fighter aircraft, that were scrambled...I have to assume the aliens have a way of letting the human pilots know who they are ,and the pilots should instruct their superiors to make contact...and then 'contact' can take place.

Some say this all took place under Eishenhower and he actually met with aliens at one point.
Yet they didn't let Lt Fravor and Slait to contact their superiors? Of the supposed pilots that have previously had contact they never come out to discuss their communication with them? These claims are pure assumptions with no substance to them whatsoever.

Old 12-17-2020, 07:48 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Yet they didn't let Lt Fravor and Slait to contact their superiors? Of the supposed pilots that have previously had contact they never come out to discuss their communication with them? These claims are pure assumptions with no substance to them whatsoever.
Of course these are assumptions.

If aliens had already met with our leaders decades ago, why would they need to communicate with pilots today?

Old 12-17-2020, 07:50 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
You believe we have a free press? What gives you that impression or is it a belief that your government has your best interests at heart? Government is not a top-down organisation. History does not support any of your claims.
True, we do not have a free press at all.

Old 12-17-2020, 07:24 PM

6,943 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Quote:
I'm not saying I don't believe in the encounters. I'm saying I don't believe our government somehow is secretly working with aliens and hiding it from anyone else. How would an alien race know which government here on earth to work with? Our government has been known not to be able to keep secrets and for something that big I'm pretty sure some hacker would have already uncovered this secret information if it was stored somewhere.
I watched an interesting video yesterday about the way Skunk Works was organised and developed. All those years of developing the Blackbird and the stealth technology which came out of there. It was decades and the war with Iraq which eventually showed the world the stealth fighters. Saying that the government cannot keep secrets is not supported by history either. Most people who work in these facilities are happy to go to their graves knowing they have done a good job and contributed to the success of the country. At least, that was the message the film was sending out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001
galactic police force in space that includes all the other aliens? Even if there was a police force in space, why would they not tell us about it? And what could humans possibly have as leverage so that these aliens who have this super advanced technology won't just take over the planet?
The galactic police force was just a suggestion. I have no idea. Maybe they have taken over the planet? Since we do not know anything (publicly) about any aliens, we dont know what resources or human attributes they dont have. There may be so many other worlds out there that aliens dont want to bother with us - who knows? I suspect there are many many billions of worlds for aliens to take over if they really wanted to or else they could make their own slaves who were more docile and compliant than humans would be. More of a bother to enslave us perhaps?

Old 12-18-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Of course these are assumptions.

If aliens had already met with our leaders decades ago, why would they need to communicate with pilots today?
If aliens had met with our leaders decades ago our propulsion technology would be far more advanced than it is now. That is why I pretty confident in saying our government is not in communication with any far advanced alien species.

Old 12-18-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
I watched an interesting video yesterday about the way Skunk Works was organised and developed. All those years of developing the Blackbird and the stealth technology which came out of there. It was decades and the war with Iraq which eventually showed the world the stealth fighters. Saying that the government cannot keep secrets is not supported by history either. Most people who work in these facilities are happy to go to their graves knowing they have done a good job and contributed to the success of the country. At least, that was the message the film was sending out.

?
Lockheed is a private company. My dad worked there.

Old 12-18-2020, 06:46 PM

6,943 posts, read 6,869,734 times
...and thats why the government give contracts to private companies, because they can develop things away from the public FOIA eye.

Old 12-19-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
...and thats why the government give contracts to private companies, because they can develop things away from the public FOIA eye.
Yes they can but they haven't come out with anything game changing for over 50 yrs. The propulsion mechanism is still basically the same.

Old 12-19-2020, 10:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
If aliens had met with our leaders decades ago our propulsion technology would be far more advanced than it is now. That is why I pretty confident in saying our government is not in communication with any far advanced alien species.
How do you know they dont have some alien propulsion technology...and just keep it secret?

You do realize, if a new source of powering vehicles was discovered suddenly and people no longer needed to buy fuel for their cars/trucks, the global economy would come crashing down as a result?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal