Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 12:53 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,449,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Wait a second, you don't know how many they lost trying it out. Test piolets aren't that cheap!

I used to belong to a rocket club and probably, for a few hundred dollars I could launch you. Of course no guarantees as far as your fate after the launch!

I read one of those Darwin Award accounts of a mechanic from a Airforce base that mounted a JATO engine in the bed of his pickup truck and state troopers found a dark scar on the face of a cliff 200 feet above the ground. At least he went out with a bang!
Well, if these things were 'experimental', why would they even be using jet engine technology, would they not use some new advanced propulsion technology and not something that is decades old?

If you are one to believe all these UFOs are experimental aircraft in the testing phase...its clear there is some very advanced propulsion technology being used in these things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 11:31 AM

18,755 posts, read 17,997,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, if these things were 'experimental', why would they even be using jet engine technology, would they not use some new advanced propulsion technology and not something that is decades old?

If you are one to believe all these UFOs are experimental aircraft in the testing phase...its clear there is some very advanced propulsion technology being used in these things
Nothing is clear cut. Like I have said other times. if we can distract an enemy with some form of holographic display, then that technology has merit. If your enemy thinks that you are someplace where you are not, that is a distraction and can get an enemy to deploy military resources in the wrong direction. That is not a new concept, think of the Trojan horse. Military leaders around the globe want to mislead their opponents and it has been going on ever since the beginning of the first wars. Leaders saw the merit of not letting opponents know all the troops, resources, and locations of their forces.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:54 PM

2,741 posts, read 2,969,697 times
Quote:
Wait a second, you don't know how many they lost trying it out. Test piolets aren't that cheap!

I used to belong to a rocket club and probably, for a few hundred dollars I could launch you. Of course no guarantees as far as your fate after the launch!

I read one of those Darwin Award accounts of a mechanic from a Airforce base that mounted a JATO engine in the bed of his pickup truck and state troopers found a dark scar on the face of a cliff 200 feet above the ground. At least he went out with a bang!

That's an urban legend, and NEVER happened.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
That's an urban legend, and NEVER happened.
Thanks, but it sounded good. I never researched it when I read it several years ago.

There are plenty of Darwin Awards to make up for the urban legend: https://darwinawards.com/

Old 01-06-2021, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Nothing is clear cut. Like I have said other times. if we can distract an enemy with some form of holographic display, then that technology has merit. If your enemy thinks that you are someplace where you are not, that is a distraction and can get an enemy to deploy military resources in the wrong direction. That is not a new concept, think of the Trojan horse. Military leaders around the globe want to mislead their opponents and it has been going on ever since the beginning of the first wars. Leaders saw the merit of not letting opponents know all the troops, resources, and locations of their forces.
I imagine holographic technology is pretty advanced these days, however it cannot manifest a solid object (that radars will pick up), or manifest a heat signature...

if they do have holographic technology that can do both of these things...they have created something more like teleportation!! (our world would change drastically if that technology existed too).

Old 01-07-2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I imagine holographic technology is pretty advanced these days, however it cannot manifest a solid object (that radars will pick up), or manifest a heat signature...

if they do have holographic technology that can do both of these things...they have created something more like teleportation!! (our world would change drastically if that technology existed too).
Focusing lasers might be able to create a heat signature? Maybe we would have to 'seed' the clouds first? But I don't know. I do think that something like that could be a great advance in weapon technology. Wars have been won and lost because of deception, it would not be the first time.

Then there is the other issue. If we did have this kind of technology would we admit it or blame it on UFOs? Even if we have a deadline to release information, is there a chance that National Security would override the protocol?

As far as 'teleportation' all I have heard are the restraint's on too much energy is needed or our computers could not handle it. Then there is the other problem of whether or not somebody is the same after they have been 'teleported'? If a machine destroys the original and breaks it down to 0s and 1s, is it the same when reconstituted? What happens when that fly lands on your nose?

Old 01-07-2021, 05:54 PM

6,901 posts, read 6,807,149 times
As far as satellites go, I think recording video from a satellite which has the resolution of centimetres or millimetres would prove too 'expensive' in terms of memory/DVD/tape space needed to store such video - even for the government with unlimited money, space, etc. I would imagine that AI would highlight anything not identified and then anything flying which was identified (false transponder IDs) so this AI would bring it to the attention of an operator. Operators are relatively cheap so you could have hundreds of operators watching satellite video.

This is just like the MH370 even, I am certain someone somewhere knows who and what this is.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Focusing lasers might be able to create a heat signature? Maybe we would have to 'seed' the clouds first? But I don't know. I do think that something like that could be a great advance in weapon technology. Wars have been won and lost because of deception, it would not be the first time.

Then there is the other issue. If we did have this kind of technology would we admit it or blame it on UFOs? Even if we have a deadline to release information, is there a chance that National Security would override the protocol?

As far as 'teleportation' all I have heard are the restraint's on too much energy is needed or our computers could not handle it. Then there is the other problem of whether or not somebody is the same after they have been 'teleported'? If a machine destroys the original and breaks it down to 0s and 1s, is it the same when reconstituted? What happens when that fly lands on your nose?
In order to create a heat signature, the holographic beam would have to be able to transmit 'tangible mass'.

I believe as we learn more about the quantum world, teleportation will become possible, the basics of 'quantum physics' are that atoms can exist in more than one place at a time, and be positive and neutral at the same time. I think in the future we will likely figure out a way to teleport objects/material and maybe even people, (but teleporting living biological entities would be something MUCH more complicated than teleporting non biological objects), on the other hand though, EVERYTHING is said to be made up of the same 'stuff' (atoms), so who knows, maybe it will be the same process?

Can you imagine the ways our world would change, if we had the ability to teleport objects and material across long distances?!!! (freight moving and transportation would become obsolete)

Old 01-08-2021, 11:28 AM

15,633 posts, read 26,136,701 times
This all reminds me of That 70’s Show....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RIqKS6YQYtQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal