Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 12:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times

Advertisements

I watched 'The Witch' tonight, great movie, the scene in the beginning of the witch stealing the baby and then rubbing 'salve' all over her and a staff, it made me interested to see where they got this from...

Turns out, its a real thing..'flying ointment'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_ointment

Pretty crazy stuff huh?!!!

At first it appears to be purely a spiritual thing, where they are only flying 'in their minds' so to speak, and its possible some experienced only this type of travel, but it sounds like some others actually did literally fly thru the air.

I sometimes think some of this 'black magic' really did work, but its just been lost to the ages, or diluted down, misinterpreted, etc....crazy thing is, Ive heard a few Dogman/werewolf cases where a person rubs some mysterious black cream all over themselves, in one of the cases, a girl says this man told her the jar had an ancient curse on it and she should not touch it...crazy stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2020, 05:38 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
To find out about that kind of stuff you need to join one of the many witches covens across the country. I think we will find there are many more than people realise. Now, whether there is such a thing as flying cream is another matter. Personally I dont think there is, but there is lots of weird sht going on at the moment.

What I want to know is whether the Bilderburg Group are sacrificing humans or babies at their night parties...Actually, scrub that, I dont want to know.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:41 AM

22,917 posts, read 28,260,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Turns out, its a real thing..'flying ointment'
Well, it is real folklore. I'll give you that.

Quote:
I sometimes think some of this 'black magic' really did work, but its just been lost to the ages, or diluted down, misinterpreted, etc....crazy thing is, Ive heard a few Dogman/werewolf cases where a person rubs some mysterious black cream all over themselves, in one of the cases, a girl says this man told her the jar had an ancient curse on it and she should not touch it...crazy stuff!
Yup. If you read a lot of the old folklore of shape-shifters, there were definitely magic "components" to nearly all the transformations, be it salves or potions or food or literal donning of new skin. The "curse" of the werewolf is 100% invention of the movies.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
To find out about that kind of stuff you need to join one of the many witches covens across the country. I think we will find there are many more than people realise. Now, whether there is such a thing as flying cream is another matter. Personally I dont think there is, but there is lots of weird sht going on at the moment.

What I want to know is whether the Bilderburg Group are sacrificing humans or babies at their night parties...Actually, scrub that, I dont want to know.
LOL, I know exactly what you mean!

I have a feeling the truth about them is probably MUCH MUCH worse than we think it is...Ive wondered whether or not all these politicians and other upper class people being involved in Pedophilia, was actually something deeper and darker than it appears to be on the surface...somehow I get the impression its something deeper than just an adult being sexually attracted to a minor...

Looking at it from the 'pleasure' stand point, sex with a minor doesnt seem like it would be that 'pleasurable'...(they are not sexually experienced nor are their bodies matured enough for it)...I remember my first sexual experience, I was 13, the girl was 14, and it wasnt that enjoyable (at first anyway), it was awkward and weird, I didnt know what the heck I was doing. LOL

I think there is a darker component to pedophilia, its more about destruction of innocence/purity rather than simple sexual attraction.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Well, it is real folklore. I'll give you that.

Yup. If you read a lot of the old folklore of shape-shifters, there were definitely magic "components" to nearly all the transformations, be it salves or potions or food or literal donning of new skin. The "curse" of the werewolf is 100% invention of the movies.
Strange that you believe magic did play some part in all this, but at the same time, believe the 'human to werewolf' was/is just an invention of the movies.

IS it that you just dont believe 'magic' has that kind of power in the physical world...or?

I will admit, to think some kind of 'magic' has the power to literally turn a normal human being into something TOTALLY different...that would be (off the scales) INCREDIBLE...like Ive said before, the extra hair, extra body mass, body shape, etc would have to 'come' from something.

Ultimately I guess the starting point would be the definition of 'magic'...
the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
"suddenly, as if by magic, the doors start to open"

mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
  • "a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
"the magic of the theater"

• something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
      "their seaside town is pure magic"

adjective
adjective: magic

1. 1.
    used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.
    "a magic wand"

very effective in producing results, especially desired ones.

• verbverb: magic; 3rd person present: magics; past tense: magicked; past participle: magicked; gerund or present participle: magicking

move, change, or create by or as if by magic.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:59 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
I believe there are many different dimensions and timelines going on here in the current moment, if thats so, then it is perfectly possible to bring something else through from a different place. If that is what occult groups are doing - learning how to do this, then maybe some people can manipulate matter from one reality to another.

People believe Jesus did this, so why not other people can do 'miracles' too. History is full of examples of spontaneous miracles and a few people we call saints and messiahs can do miracles on-demand too. Is it THAT strange? Maybe it is a matter of occult knowledge rather than being born into a special category of humans? Some say that Jesus went off to study for years before he started his ministry so it is perfectly possible he learned these things from the priests of the time.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:16 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,472,539 times
There are ways to separate your spirit from your physical body ,the Surfi ,Tibetan Monk,Voodoo practitioners,and the occultists all know how to do it.
If you practice long and hard,you may be able to do so as well.
Some claim dreams are real,when we sleep,our physical body goes to rest and the spirit leaves to pursue whatever we do not have the luxury or time to do so during the day.

Old 12-23-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Strange that you believe magic did play some part in all this, but at the same time, believe the 'human to werewolf' was/is just an invention of the movies.
Not what I meant at all. I meant that the "flying ointment" used in witchcraft is indeed well attested in folklore. Did it actually work? Were witches able to actually fly via magic ointments? I'm doubtful.

About the werewolf ...

The whole "curse of the werewolf" thing is purely out of the movies. A heavy dose of Freudianism injected into the folklore for the movies. "The beast within." Ego vs. Id. All that. Turned on its head to great effect in THE HOWLING, by the way.

The actually werewolves of folklore and mythology have their roots in shamanism and hunting cults. There are two great books you can read about this if you're genuinely interested:

The Beast Within: A History of the Werewolf, by Adam Douglas. This covers the entire lore of the werewolf --- mythology, folklore, anthropology, shamanism, psychology, movies. Great book.

Homo Necans: The Anthropology of Ancient Greek Sacrificial Ritual and Myth, by Walter Burkert and Peter Bing. Much more of a scientific approach, but if you want the real history of the werewolf, this is where you start.

Quote:
IS it that you just dont believe 'magic' has that kind of power in the physical world...or?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Pretty much sums it up for me. I consider myself an open-minded skeptic. I am not going to believe every woo-woo's claim on the Internet. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. But I do believe in what many people loosely label "the supernatural."

Old 12-23-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Not what I meant at all. I meant that the "flying ointment" used in witchcraft is indeed well attested in folklore. Did it actually work? Were witches able to actually fly via magic ointments? I'm doubtful.

About the werewolf ...

The whole "curse of the werewolf" thing is purely out of the movies. A heavy dose of Freudianism injected into the folklore for the movies. "The beast within." Ego vs. Id. All that. Turned on its head to great effect in THE HOWLING, by the way.

The actually werewolves of folklore and mythology have their roots in shamanism and hunting cults. There are two great books you can read about this if you're genuinely interested:

The Beast Within: A History of the Werewolf, by Adam Douglas. This covers the entire lore of the werewolf --- mythology, folklore, anthropology, shamanism, psychology, movies. Great book.

Homo Necans: The Anthropology of Ancient Greek Sacrificial Ritual and Myth, by Walter Burkert and Peter Bing. Much more of a scientific approach, but if you want the real history of the werewolf, this is where you start.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Pretty much sums it up for me. I consider myself an open-minded skeptic. I am not going to believe every woo-woo's claim on the Internet. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. But I do believe in what many people loosely label "the supernatural."
Im going to get a hold of those books, the first one sounds very interesting!

Im very interested in the connection between 'Dogmen' and the werewolves from folk lore...I dont believe its just a coincidence, the 2 things look exactly alike! I know there are many people that believe Dogmen are just normal flesh and blood animals, but I think its curious that they look so much like a loric werewolf.

Old 12-23-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Im going to get a hold of those books, the first one sounds very interesting!
It may be out of print, but if you can find a used copy, snag it. Well worth the price! By far the best history of the werewolf I have ever found.

Quote:
Im very interested in the connection between 'Dogmen' and the werewolves from folk lore...I dont believe its just a coincidence, the 2 things look exactly alike! I know there are many people that believe Dogmen are just normal flesh and blood animals, but I think its curious that they look so much like a loric werewolf.
^Not really. The bipedal werewolf is mostly an invention of Hollywood. The werewolves of myth and folklore were people turning into wolves, not wolf/man hybrids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal