U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Status: "Pulse Amplitude Modulation is after meh!" (set 29 days ago)

2,730 posts, read 1,038,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Wouldn't such a disclosure send a lot of religious people reeling? The "dinosaurs didn't exist/their bones and fossils were put there by Satan to confuse us/the world was created in 6 days and is only 3,000 years old" camp (such as my in-laws belonged). What if we were REALLY created as nothing more than an alien Petri dish, and being tweaked and monitored? They won't be able to digest it, other than say it was the "work of Satan".
Do you have a source for this, or do you just make it up as you go? Is puzzling people the nature of YOUR game?

I am religious. I have been both Protestant and Roman Catholic, and I have never been taught that life on other planets is impossible. Same with dinosaurs. Can you quote us some indisputable scriptures on those topics?

As for the videos being genuine - of course they are.

The Pentagon confirming it is nice, but it doesnt mean that they know what they are genuinely of..."unidentified aerial phenomenon" is rather non-specific. Doesnt have to be anything tangible at all.

The one where the guy repeatedly tries to 'catch' the tiny image on film and then is happy that he got it is really strange. It runs over and over until the camera catches the image in a bracket. A camera catching the image is fine, but why would it freeze up and stay inside the confines of the bracket instead of continuing on. Reminds me of when missiles lock onto a target. That one seems like some kind of simulation exercise to me. Either that, or its a 'magic' camera that can reach out and grab aliens and their spacecraft, lol.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 01-03-2021 at 02:54 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 06:03 PM

53 posts, read 52,265 times
i assume you are talking about the tracking of those tic tac / gimbal / go fast videos. If I understand the Mick West debunking videos on YT, pilot has to capture a target in the box, once in the box and recognized by software it will track that target and keep it in the box as long as camera can pivot enough to do so. Once camera mount gimbals reach extent of travel camera stops pivoting and the object appears to move out of frame. I'm not convinced those videos show anything alien.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:01 PM

7,932 posts, read 3,694,264 times
Quote:
Wouldn't such a disclosure send a lot of religious people reeling? The "dinosaurs didn't exist/their bones and fossils were put there by Satan to confuse us/the world was created in 6 days and is only 3,000 years old" camp (such as my in-laws belonged). What if we were REALLY created as nothing more than an alien Petri dish, and being tweaked and monitored? They won't be able to digest it, other than say it was the "work of Satan".

Maybe old Baptist Jimmy Carter learned more than he wanted to know.

Lots of people of faith don't have any problem reconciling such knowledge.

Jimmy Carter, last time I checked, remained a person of strong faith and devotion long after he left the presidency.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:23 PM

5,778 posts, read 4,492,718 times
Quote:

This has been discussed over and over again here. The vast majority of Christians (and Moslems) on the planet are not fundamentalists. It's only fundamentalists - particularly Protestant fundamentalists in North America - who are young earthers and who teach the beliefs you're listing. The biggest question most Christians would have is, are they also made in the Image and Likeness of God, and is the gospel for them, too? Or do they have their own Fall and their own Redemption?

I'm an Orthodox Christian and believe in evolution. So do many other Orthodox, Roman Catholic, and mainline Protestant Christians. In fact, one of the architects of the grand neo-Darwinian synthesis in the middle 20th century was an Orthodox Christian (Theodosius Dobzhansky). And claiming that we're an experiment being monitored by aliens has already been covered in a couple of movies by Ridley Scott - it's a science fiction movie, not reality. But assuming it were true, the question then becomes, who made the Overlords, and were they doing the work of the Creator by fashioning us?

Old 01-03-2021, 07:28 PM

61,306 posts, read 79,527,797 times
They lied then they lied again in the 1980s
They will again - beware false confessions our government does cover up a lot

Old 01-03-2021, 07:57 PM

7,222 posts, read 6,071,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Do you have a source for this, or do you just make it up as you go? Is puzzling people the nature of YOUR game?

I am religious. I have been both Protestant and Roman Catholic, and I have never been taught that life on other planets is impossible. Same with dinosaurs. Can you quote us some indisputable scriptures on those topics?

The Pentagon confirming it is nice, but it doesnt mean that they know what they are genuinely of..."unidentified aerial phenomenon" is rather non-specific. Doesnt have to be anything tangible at all.

The one where the guy repeatedly tries to 'catch' the tiny image on film and then is happy that he got it is really strange. It runs over and over until the camera catches the image in a bracket. A camera catching the image is fine, but why would it freeze up and stay inside the confines of the bracket instead of continuing on. Reminds me of when missiles lock onto a target. That one seems like some kind of simulation exercise to me. Either that, or its a 'magic' camera that can reach out and grab aliens and their spacecraft, lol.
No source other than spending 40 years listening to my religious fundamentalist in-laws' take on the subjects. They (and many of their church members) REALLY believe that dinosaurs didn't exist and the bones were placed by Satan to "confuse" us, and the earth is only 3,000 years old. UFO sightings, paranormal events, and anything else otherwise unexplained were "Satanic". Some fundamentalists really DO believe this, that Satan is responsible for anything outside the box they can't explain.

If you think I'm kidding, at one of the few unavoidable times I had to attend one of their church services, the sermon was about how Satan put a spell on the printing presses producing the Harry Potter books (to explain their popularity).

Old 01-03-2021, 10:07 PM

18,665 posts, read 11,946,270 times
Quote:

Religious folks are bunch of fools anyways, they don't care they're sending all their money to build these mega churches ran by some of the most corrupt individuals and never question their spending habits.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:12 PM

653 posts, read 224,360 times
What the UFO conspiracy folks should really be concerned about is that Joe wants to re-criminalize marijuana. They really will be coming for you--- but not the guys in flying saucers. Burn while you can, they gonna be using Joe's latest alien technology to find you...

Old 01-04-2021, 08:33 AM

1,505 posts, read 911,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
They lied then they lied again in the 1980s
They will again - beware false confessions our government does cover up a lot
2021 the year of disclosure. I saw an ad in the paper in Milwaukee in 1992 for a UFO convention near the airport. I attended with a friend. The guy presenting, I forgot who, said disclosure would happen by the end of the year. I raised my hand and asked if there would be a flying saucer ride after the meeting, a few chuckled. Anyway, I think this is the year, I really do in fact it's happening now in bits and pieces.If/when covid-19 settles down a bit. However, what Huckleberry said....they the gov. might lie and say we need to defend against an attack. If I ever hear that, I know right away who the bad guys are because if UFOs are really a threat...they could have done us in a loooong time ago.

Old 01-04-2021, 10:54 AM

20,928 posts, read 5,993,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post

You are forgetting that our govt has investigated these things several times in the past decades, there is still considerable amount of classified information relating to those past projects...Not sure what is so hard about declassifying all of that, why start over from scratch, when they already have a good deal of information on them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal