U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 11:33 AM

12,251 posts, read 13,543,953 times

Advertisements

Not going to hold my breath. I think I read the report would only be made available to members of Congress. I doubt it would ever get released to the public.

I'm in the camp that believe that the truth (if UFO and aliens are true) is so wild and crazy that they can't release it out fear of the implications. I'm talking genetic modification, human evolution tampering and maybe even helping to guide early man and the dawn of civilization and the impact that would have on Religion.

There's something to be said about World Stability and keeping people numb and happy in the status quo.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 11:48 AM

1,503 posts, read 911,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Not going to hold my breath. I think I read the report would only be made available to members of Congress. I doubt it would ever get released to the public.

I'm in the camp that believe that the truth (if UFO and aliens are true) is so wild and crazy that they can't release it out fear of the implications. I'm talking genetic modification, human evolution tampering and maybe even helping to guide early man and the dawn of civilization and the impact that would have on Religion.

There's something to be said about World Stability and keeping people numb and happy in the status quo.
It will come out in bits and pieces and your right, they would never tell the entire truth, it is too shocking but it they tell it right, it might just get rid of fundamentalists from all religions. That's a good thing, right?

From what I can guess, we have a broad audience, a lot is at stake and they don't interfere with us or if they do, can appear just like us. Even now we know so little.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:13 PM

5,778 posts, read 4,492,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Religious folks are bunch of fools anyways, they don't care they're sending all their money to build these mega churches ran by some of the most corrupt individuals and never question their spending habits.
You and Mrs. Skeffington and others in this group need to quit painting all believers with a broad and irrational brush because of whatever negative experiences you've had in the past. It's your personal prejudice, and does *not* reflect reality. As I've pointed out over and over again. If you want to hate on believers, take it to the religion forum.

Old 01-04-2021, 05:43 PM

4,482 posts, read 1,787,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
This has been discussed over and over again here. The vast majority of Christians (and Moslems) on the planet are not fundamentalists. It's only fundamentalists - particularly Protestant fundamentalists in North America - who are young earthers and who teach the beliefs you're listing. The biggest question most Christians would have is, are they also made in the Image and Likeness of God, and is the gospel for them, too? Or do they have their own Fall and their own Redemption?

I'm an Orthodox Christian and believe in evolution. So do many other Orthodox, Roman Catholic, and mainline Protestant Christians. In fact, one of the architects of the grand neo-Darwinian synthesis in the middle 20th century was an Orthodox Christian (Theodosius Dobzhansky). And claiming that we're an experiment being monitored by aliens has already been covered in a couple of movies by Ridley Scott - it's a science fiction movie, not reality. But assuming it were true, the question then becomes, who made the Overlords, and were they doing the work of the Creator by fashioning us?
The Simulation hypothesis has been thrown around, but there is no concrete proof behind it. Nevertheless, I don't think it can be ruled out. That would mean that the Overlords exist outside of the bounds of our universe in a completely different dimension.

Old 01-04-2021, 06:14 PM

3,654 posts, read 1,159,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Lots of people of faith don't have any problem reconciling such knowledge.

Jimmy Carter, last time I checked, remained a person of strong faith and devotion long after he left the presidency.
Carter ,as President I disliked . Post President he is the only former CIC , I admire.

Old 01-04-2021, 06:18 PM

3,654 posts, read 1,159,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post

Boston Mike , Pink Floyds lyrics spoke of it as "Comfortably Numb "

Old 01-04-2021, 07:19 PM

5,778 posts, read 4,492,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The Simulation hypothesis has been thrown around, but there is no concrete proof behind it. Nevertheless, I don't think it can be ruled out. That would mean that the Overlords exist outside of the bounds of our universe in a completely different dimension.
Ultimately, I think we're going to have to face the fact that some questions are unanswerable -- whether this is all a simulation is probably one of them, as I suspect is the nature of consciousness, the existence of a multiverse, the nature of time's arrow, and why there's something rather than nothing. It may be that the origin of life will fall into that category, too. Some things we have to take on faith -- it's our choice what we put our faith in.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:18 AM

3,181 posts, read 1,030,795 times
LOL what a joke, They won't be announcing anything. Don't get your hopes up.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Wouldn't such a disclosure send a lot of religious people reeling? The "dinosaurs didn't exist/their bones and fossils were put there by Satan to confuse us/the world was created in 6 days and is only 3,000 years old" camp (such as my in-laws belonged). What if we were REALLY created as nothing more than an alien Petri dish, and being tweaked and monitored? They won't be able to digest it, other than say it was the "work of Satan".

Maybe old Baptist Jimmy Carter learned more than he wanted to know.
Had this discussion with many Christians and no, it would not change their faith if aliens were proven to exist.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMN View Post
i assume you are talking about the tracking of those tic tac / gimbal / go fast videos. If I understand the Mick West debunking videos on YT, pilot has to capture a target in the box, once in the box and recognized by software it will track that target and keep it in the box as long as camera can pivot enough to do so. Once camera mount gimbals reach extent of travel camera stops pivoting and the object appears to move out of frame. I'm not convinced those videos show anything alien.
It was also tracked by radar and confirmed by multiple people that saw it. How would you explain that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal