U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 11:37 AM

20,928 posts, read 5,993,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Had this discussion with many Christians and no, it would not change their faith if aliens were proven to exist.
Well, you have to factor in that Christians would not be impacted by hearing there were other intelligent civilizations out there, (or that these aliens have come to earth)...

but their religion definitely would be impacted if these aliens played any part in our creation, or if anything conflicted with their overall religious beliefs.

Example, if it was announced that the human race was created solely to be a slave race to an alien civilization...that would GREATLY IMPACT many religious beliefs!! That would throw a huge wrench into God creating us, dying on the cross for our sins, etc etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 02:04 PM

5,778 posts, read 4,492,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
but their religion definitely would be impacted if these aliens played any part in our creation, or if anything conflicted with their overall religious beliefs.

Example, if it was announced that the human race was created solely to be a slave race to an alien civilization...that would GREATLY IMPACT many religious beliefs!! That would throw a huge wrench into God creating us, dying on the cross for our sins, etc etc.
I know there are atheists here and elsewhere who would be overjoyed to see this happen, but there is absolutely zero evidence that aliens created us for any reason of their own outside of fiction, and zero evidence in the historical record or our DNA that this is the case. If aliens created us to be slaves, when are they going to show up with the shackles and the marching orders? Humans (I include Denisovans and Neanderthals) have been on the planet 700,000 years. If we're going to be slaves, the Overlords are taking their sweet time about it. To believe the aliens created us fantasy requires buying into not one but several ancient alien Just So stories concocted by various ancient alien "theorist" over the past decades. And if an alien knocked on my door and said, "Hey, we created you!" I wouldn't believe it any more than I'd believe a Scientologist who tries to tell me Xenu headed the Galactic Federation and was trapped in a volcano millions of years ago when he led a rebellion, and if I just hold onto these knobs I can get rid of all those nasty ol' thetans.

Old 01-05-2021, 02:26 PM

13,590 posts, read 22,220,779 times
The whole idea that people word go crazy over finding out there are aliens here I think it’s a construct of movies and legends. We all heard about the infamous Orson Welles War of the Worlds thing, however what a lot of people don’t know is it didn’t happen. People didn’t lose their minds over a radio broadcast. They clearly said this is a radio show through the whole darn program.

But it is now the legend of that radio broadcast that people lost it.

There’s a lot of that in Hollywood. There’s a lot of cleaning up what really happened and making it look good to the public. The other one I’ve been reading about lately is the fact that John Gilbert had an absolutely wonderful speaking voice. There’s actual video. He committed suicide for other reasons. And that most of the people who worked in silent films had perfectly fine speaking voices and that wasn’t the reason that they couldn’t make it in talkies. They couldn’t act. When are you are is a picture on the screen you don’t really have to act. A few of them were simply done with it and thought it would be a good time to retire.

But I digress. The fact of the matter is that if they are here already everybody will think the door while they’ve been here already so who cares. And frankly I think this whole thing is much ado about nothing. This appears to come up every four years when we’re going to get a new president. The new president is going to tell us this, or the old president is going to tell us all this stuff and let the new guy clean up the mess it creates. I’ve been hearing this through probably Clinton? Pretty sure I heard this about Bush one.

As the cop says in the movies that I like to watch in black-and-white “there’s nothing to see here move along, move along…”

Old 01-06-2021, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I know there are atheists here and elsewhere who would be overjoyed to see this happen, but there is absolutely zero evidence that aliens created us for any reason of their own outside of fiction, and zero evidence in the historical record or our DNA that this is the case. If aliens created us to be slaves, when are they going to show up with the shackles and the marching orders? Humans (I include Denisovans and Neanderthals) have been on the planet 700,000 years. If we're going to be slaves, the Overlords are taking their sweet time about it. To believe the aliens created us fantasy requires buying into not one but several ancient alien Just So stories concocted by various ancient alien "theorist" over the past decades. And if an alien knocked on my door and said, "Hey, we created you!" I wouldn't believe it any more than I'd believe a Scientologist who tries to tell me Xenu headed the Galactic Federation and was trapped in a volcano millions of years ago when he led a rebellion, and if I just hold onto these knobs I can get rid of all those nasty ol' thetans.
Ultimately I think its going to depend greatly on what these 'aliens' say...I can say that pretty much anything they say will be taken VERY seriously and scrutinized with a fine tooth comb by many many different people.

We dont have clue 'what' they really are yet, I think its very UNLIKELY they will turn out to be just some race from another distant planet, that is more advanced than we are...this would mean, humans were precisely correct at guessing what the aliens are and where they originate...somehow, I dont think they will fit that description!

Old 01-06-2021, 11:19 AM

3,181 posts, read 1,030,795 times
Quote:
Well, you have to factor in that Christians would not be impacted by hearing there were other intelligent civilizations out there, (or that these aliens have come to earth)...

I'm sure it would impact some but keep in mind you will have those that will never change their minds regardless of how much evidence is presented to them. Just like the fringe lunatic conspiracy flat earthers that no matter what evidence is presented they won't believe it.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:38 AM

5,778 posts, read 4,492,718 times
Quote:
We dont have clue 'what' they really are yet, I think its very UNLIKELY they will turn out to be just some race from another distant planet, that is more advanced than we are...this would mean, humans were precisely correct at guessing what the aliens are and where they originate...somehow, I dont think they will fit that description!
My suspicion is that we'll never have a clue as to what they really are.

After spending a big portion of his life exploring the UFO phenomenon, Jacques Vallee concludes in "Revelations" (the last volume in his contact trilogy) that it's not clear what people have been seeing for millennia, but it's not likely to be aliens who are going to ask us to "take them to our leader", or reveal that they're the "space gods" who created us. He points out that the UFO community tends to dismiss the stranger reports and details that don't fit the grey alien/spaceship visiting earth scenarios -- but there are common features that show up across the centuries in these reports, including the stranger ones. You see the craft fitting into the technology of the day, but a step or two ahead; there are many reports that suggest the "reality" of these reports have both psychological and physical elements -- a dreamlike quality, a distortion of space and time, an element of absurdity, etc.; and odd elements repeat across reports (like the giving of pancakes or bread to contactees - something you see in 19th and 20th century contact stories, as well as in old stories of contacts with the Good People along with missing and distorted time).

I don't believe they're space aliens in the Close Encounters movie sense. Vallee discusses briefly three newer hypotheses at the end of his trilogy: Earth Lights, an unknown physical, terrestrial phenomenon which creates mental images as part of its operation; a control system, either human, alien, or naturally occurring; or wormholes being used somehow for travel across space and/or time. Yet as Vallee points out in his trilogy, there's a tendency in the UFO community to accept stories that fit in with the notion of grey aliens from another star system and reject the weirder stories as invalid. So the existence and critiques of a UFO community is itself a control system for the phenomena that rejects stories that don't meet the community's preconceptions.

Old 01-06-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
My suspicion is that we'll never have a clue as to what they really are.

After spending a big portion of his life exploring the UFO phenomenon, Jacques Vallee concludes in "Revelations" (the last volume in his contact trilogy) that it's not clear what people have been seeing for millennia, but it's not likely to be aliens who are going to ask us to "take them to our leader", or reveal that they're the "space gods" who created us. He points out that the UFO community tends to dismiss the stranger reports and details that don't fit the grey alien/spaceship visiting earth scenarios -- but there are common features that show up across the centuries in these reports, including the stranger ones. You see the craft fitting into the technology of the day, but a step or two ahead; there are many reports that suggest the "reality" of these reports have both psychological and physical elements -- a dreamlike quality, a distortion of space and time, an element of absurdity, etc.; and odd elements repeat across reports (like the giving of pancakes or bread to contactees - something you see in 19th and 20th century contact stories, as well as in old stories of contacts with the Good People along with missing and distorted time).

I don't believe they're space aliens in the Close Encounters movie sense. Vallee discusses briefly three newer hypotheses at the end of his trilogy: Earth Lights, an unknown physical, terrestrial phenomenon which creates mental images as part of its operation; a control system, either human, alien, or naturally occurring; or wormholes being used somehow for travel across space and/or time. Yet as Vallee points out in his trilogy, there's a tendency in the UFO community to accept stories that fit in with the notion of grey aliens from another star system and reject the weirder stories as invalid. So the existence and critiques of a UFO community is itself a control system for the phenomena that rejects stories that don't meet the community's preconceptions.
Im glad you brought up some of the older and stranger reports, the fact that these 'UFOs' always tend to appear to be just a few years ahead of current technology has always been curious to me.(that sort of suggests a biblical demon type being, but if that were the case, demons are doing a lousy job of deceiving humans! considering that this topic is laughed at by the majority of people and not taken seriously) LOL

I almost forgot to mention, there are reports of UFOs that appear to be older too, Ive read a number of reports where the craft is described as looking like 'old riveted plate iron', like civil war era armor...not sure what to make of those!

but as far the gray aliens, SO MANY people have reported 'contact' and/or abductions by entities that look like the stereotypical 'gray', the shapes of their craft vary, but the entities are usually very similar in appearance, but then again, in many of the older reports, people claimed to see all sorts of strange looking creatures coming and going from airships, Ive heard of robot looking things, insect-like, gnome-like, giants, just about anything you could imagine, someone has probably claimed to see such an alien!

At the end of the day, I think 'THEY' are something originating here on earth that can take on different forms and shapes,I dont think they have any connection whatsoever to distant planets or other star systems.

Old 01-06-2021, 04:17 PM

2,730 posts, read 1,038,307 times
Quote:

That's just wishful BS on your part. How would it GREATLY IMPACT many religious beliefs?

I love people who dont have a problem discussing aliens and spirits, and bigfeet but want to tell people all about our religions, lmao. Crazy.

The basis of all mainstream religions is the 10 commandments. How would aliens change the 10 Commandments? I dont see it, not without them grabbing a lapis tablet and literally rewriting them.

Back in the 70s there was the book Chariots of the Gods that uses the Bible to theorize spaceships.

Revelation 10:1 Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven. He was robed in a cloud, with a rainbow above his head; his face was like the sun, and his legs were like fiery pillars.

https://www.indoorcycleinstructor.co...3/Blastoff.jpg

Definition of mighty: great or imposing in size or extent : extraordinary.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 01-06-2021 at 04:47 PM..

Old 01-06-2021, 05:56 PM

472 posts, read 245,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yeah, but if you suddenly discover it is impossible to disclose due to some (perhaps) good reason, then you would have to do a 180.

I think we think it is an easy solution to just disclose the fact that aliens are here, that governments have been talking to them for ages, etc, but it may be a really tricky problem which is too complex to sort out.

What if some type of aliens were eating people? Who would want to know that? It would scare everyone absolutely ****less, not only because their technology is far better than ours and we would have very little we could do about it.
Ah, they're probably only here "To Serve Man"

Old 01-06-2021, 06:40 PM

490 posts, read 354,591 times
The entire concept of God is an entity not of this planet hence an alien.

Anyhow I seriously doubt the government releases jack squat of anything meaningful at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal