U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 06:59 PM

5,778 posts, read 4,492,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
but as far the gray aliens, SO MANY people have reported 'contact' and/or abductions by entities that look like the stereotypical 'gray', the shapes of their craft vary, but the entities are usually very similar in appearance, but then again, in many of the older reports, people claimed to see all sorts of strange looking creatures coming and going from airships, Ive heard of robot looking things, insect-like, gnome-like, giants, just about anything you could imagine, someone has probably claimed to see such an alien!
Actually, there's a variety of creatures seen in more recent reports, too, but Vallee points out that they tend to get ignored because they don't fit into the grey alien paradigm. Grey aliens dominate in reports in the U.S. but not in other countries. The grey aliens with big eyes started with the Betty and Barney Hill abduction in 1965. Outer limits broadcast an episode "The Bellero Shield" a couple of weeks before the Hills went under hypnosis and it's suggested the aliens in that episode influenced the nature of their retrieved memories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bellero_Shield
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 12:35 AM

20,909 posts, read 5,993,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Actually, there's a variety of creatures seen in more recent reports, too, but Vallee points out that they tend to get ignored because they don't fit into the grey alien paradigm. Grey aliens dominate in reports in the U.S. but not in other countries. The grey aliens with big eyes started with the Betty and Barney Hill abduction in 1965. Outer limits broadcast an episode "The Bellero Shield" a couple of weeks before the Hills went under hypnosis and it's suggested the aliens in that episode influenced the nature of their retrieved memories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bellero_Shield
I think the gray aliens have been around a lot longer, but it wasnt until some point, that people started calling them 'the grays'....heck even the bible talks about entities that look like frogs...(look at picture of a frog from the front, looks eerily like a 'gray alien'!

Old 01-07-2021, 03:15 AM

4,517 posts, read 4,009,494 times
It makes total sense that there will be many different types of alien coming from many different home worlds. It all depends on the conditions there, gravity, atmosphere, environment, etc. Now...whether they can exist in our environment is a different matter, but I suppose they may have technology which allows them to breathe our air and exist in our temperatures. What resources do they need to survive? Do they need water and food? Some say that greys need some "nutrient" mixture to be painted on their skin, but what's in that mixture?

As to whether we humans would freak out when they are revealed to us - I dont know about that. I would certainly freak out if they wanted to eat us as I suggested in another post, but how would we know that? If they DID, then they must have been doing it for thousands of years and we dont know about it. So, I am thinking that they dont want to kill us off...yet. Knowing humans, whatever they are like, I think there would be some who want to kill anything which they see as a threat, so vigilante groups hunting aliens are almost certain.

There may well be many different types with many different agendas, so it may be as David Jacobs says, that they ware planning a take-over at some time in the future and are preparing things for that time, or it could be that they just want to enhance the human genome and make it "better" in some way. That "better" may include them and their DNA, but who is to say that our DNA does not contain their DNA already, so a little bit of an upgrade will not hurt us and may even take us to the next level of development.

I cannot imagine the UFOs and aliens who are showing themselves publicly at the moment are benevolent in nature simply because, if you are friendly, you do not expose yourself to the human population by flying around and NOT publicly declare your agenda. If you have an agenda which is malevolent, THEN you might want to hide in the background, yet show yourself occasionally as being a threat too. Different species think differently and may not have emotional responses like we do.

I believe the aliens who want to help humanity will make themselves known to people on an individual level and to those who are wanting to promote peace and harmony. They will NOT disclose themselves to war-mongering military and governmental types who would want to divide nations and people and control the populations, which is what is happening now. The folks who are contacted individually, will probably not disclose it publicly.

Old 01-07-2021, 04:45 AM

1,032 posts, read 988,704 times
If 'they' exist, if they are capable of traversing the vast-distances (between star-systems & galaxies) to get to our own, and if they are of 'similar-mind' (to our own) and if they feel WE are READY for such a 'Revelation' (that we are NOT alone) then...and ONLY then, will THEY reveal themselves to us.

They won't 'need' our respective Gov't leaders to do the actual 'revealing'.

If we are here, then they must surely be out there...watching...waiting...biding their time...hoping for the best possible opportunity to wake us up & bring us together, at a moment when we ourselves, are facing a great chaos...likely of OUR own making.

Is that time near ? Who can know such things ?

I hope it is, though.

Something tells me we are getting close.

Old 01-07-2021, 05:34 AM

1,503 posts, read 911,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It makes total sense that there will be many different types of alien coming from many different home worlds. It all depends on the conditions there, gravity, atmosphere, environment, etc. Now...whether they can exist in our environment is a different matter, but I suppose they may have technology which allows them to breathe our air and exist in our temperatures. What resources do they need to survive? Do they need water and food? Some say that greys need some "nutrient" mixture to be painted on their skin, but what's in that mixture?

As to whether we humans would freak out when they are revealed to us - I dont know about that. I would certainly freak out if they wanted to eat us as I suggested in another post, but how would we know that? If they DID, then they must have been doing it for thousands of years and we dont know about it. So, I am thinking that they dont want to kill us off...yet. Knowing humans, whatever they are like, I think there would be some who want to kill anything which they see as a threat, so vigilante groups hunting aliens are almost certain.

There may well be many different types with many different agendas, so it may be as David Jacobs says, that they ware planning a take-over at some time in the future and are preparing things for that time, or it could be that they just want to enhance the human genome and make it "better" in some way. That "better" may include them and their DNA, but who is to say that our DNA does not contain their DNA already, so a little bit of an upgrade will not hurt us and may even take us to the next level of development.

I cannot imagine the UFOs and aliens who are showing themselves publicly at the moment are benevolent in nature simply because, if you are friendly, you do not expose yourself to the human population by flying around and NOT publicly declare your agenda. If you have an agenda which is malevolent, THEN you might want to hide in the background, yet show yourself occasionally as being a threat too. Different species think differently and may not have emotional responses like we do.

I believe the aliens who want to help humanity will make themselves known to people on an individual level and to those who are wanting to promote peace and harmony. They will NOT disclose themselves to war-mongering military and governmental types who would want to divide nations and people and control the populations, which is what is happening now. The folks who are contacted individually, will probably not disclose it publicly.
Bingo. You said it ....they actually do disclose themselves but like you said it is to individuals and small groups. We're not quite ready yet because the fact is...if someone of color moves in next door to your house, lot's of people would be upset over that. If we can't even handle people of color, how can we handle aliens? We are not mature enough...yet.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:36 AM
Status: "Pulse Amplitude Modulation is after meh!" (set 29 days ago)

2,730 posts, read 1,038,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
If 'they' exist, if they are capable of traversing the vast-distances (between star-systems & galaxies) to get to our own, and if they are of 'similar-mind' (to our own) and if they feel WE are READY for such a 'Revelation' (that we are NOT alone) then...and ONLY then, will THEY reveal themselves to us.

They won't 'need' our respective Gov't leaders to do the actual 'revealing'.

If we are here, then they must surely be out there...watching...waiting...biding their time...hoping for the best possible opportunity to wake us up & bring us together, at a moment when we ourselves, are facing a great chaos...likely of OUR own making.

Is that time near ? Who can know such things ?

I hope it is, though.

Something tells me we are getting close.
I wouldnt be so eager.

If the predictions of the biblical 'Revelations' came to pass through aliens, it would mean the end of mankind, or probably most of it. The Revelations of the Bible speak of an apocalypse, where we all rise from the dead and are judged. The evil go burn in Hell and the Righteous (not to be confused with self-righteous) go to be with Jesus in Heaven. Seems all human life on this planet would cease to exist, and its just a matter of if we are individually destined for Heaven or Hell.

I mean, its not total 'doom and gloom', but if we interpret the Righteous going to be with Jesus in Heaven, as the good people going to another planet or otherwise continuing life in space with the alien's, how much of the people on the planet now can say they have religiously upheld the 10 commandments and are worthy?

We are human and we falter, even when we want to do/be good. If we arent worthy, its nice they are willing to give us lots of time to improve.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 01-07-2021 at 07:21 AM..

Old 01-07-2021, 02:45 PM

4,482 posts, read 1,787,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Ultimately, I think we're going to have to face the fact that some questions are unanswerable -- whether this is all a simulation is probably one of them, as I suspect is the nature of consciousness, the existence of a multiverse, the nature of time's arrow, and why there's something rather than nothing. It may be that the origin of life will fall into that category, too. Some things we have to take on faith -- it's our choice what we put our faith in.
I tend to agree. I don’t think that we can truly answer all of these questions. We are limited in our observation by the speed of light, therefore we can’t see anything that lies outside of the boundaries of the observable universe. We’ve got theories about what may lie beyond, such as what eternal inflation suggests with regards to there being multiple bubble universes, but as of now it remains unproven, despite being very logical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, you have to factor in that Christians would not be impacted by hearing there were other intelligent civilizations out there, (or that these aliens have come to earth)...

but their religion definitely would be impacted if these aliens played any part in our creation, or if anything conflicted with their overall religious beliefs.

Example, if it was announced that the human race was created solely to be a slave race to an alien civilization...that would GREATLY IMPACT many religious beliefs!! That would throw a huge wrench into God creating us, dying on the cross for our sins, etc etc.
I also share that view. If aliens were to be discovered it would affect our worldview on some level. For starters, we could finally answer the ultimate question of whether we are alone in the universe. Religions will have to reconcile any differences that appear as a result of such a revelation.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I tend to agree. I don’t think that we can truly answer all of these questions. We are limited in our observation by the speed of light, therefore we can’t see anything that lies outside of the boundaries of the observable universe. We’ve got theories about what may lie beyond, such as what eternal inflation suggests with regards to there being multiple bubble universes, but as of now it remains unproven, despite being very logical.

I also share that view. If aliens were to be discovered it would affect our worldview on some level. For starters, we could finally answer the ultimate question of whether we are alone in the universe. Religions will have to reconcile any differences that appear as a result of such a revelation.
I feel we are 'looking' in the wrong direction. Science has started to look at consciousness and there are hints that our consciousness can transcend time and space. Hints like remote viewing, like perceiving weird cryptids, and folks 'knowing' things, etc

However, before we can move any further as a scociety, I think we have to reconcile science and religion and the way to do that is what the ancients have taught us - to look at consciousness from a scientific point of view and possibly it will be discovered that God (the proper one not the wrathful ones of the Old Testament) IS consciousness. But..we wait and see when mankind wakes up from its sleep and discovers the secret to bringing people of different beliefs (yes, even science beliefs) together.

Old 01-11-2021, 05:37 PM

3,181 posts, read 1,030,795 times
Here it is folks. All documents released. Read it and weep.
https://futurism.com/the-byte/cia-uf...ailable-online

Old 01-11-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser
The basis of all mainstream religions is the 10 commandments. How would aliens change the 10 Commandments? I dont see it, not without them grabbing a lapis tablet and literally rewriting them.
It is not that aliens will rewrite the 10 commandments, but that in order for those 10 to be meaningful, you have to have some obedience to the authority which is either morals or religion. IF the aliens did not understand emotional responses, they would be like computers and could not appreciate the 'right way' to behave. You or I can continue to obey the 10 commandments all we like, but unless they live by them, we are pretty much dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser
I mean, its not total 'doom and gloom', but if we interpret the Righteous going to be with Jesus in Heaven, as the good people going to another planet or otherwise continuing life in space with the alien's, how much of the people on the planet now can say they have religiously upheld the 10 commandments and are worthy?

We are human and we falter, even when we want to do/be good. If we arent worthy, its nice they are willing to give us lots of time to improve
Worthy??? Who judges what is 'worthy' to an alien species. You might be 'worthy' if you wear shoes with shoelaces and you may be left behind if the one day they arrived you wore slip-on shoes. It could be as obtuse as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear
There you go...assuming our rocket and jet technology is all there is, but thats not true because they will be more advanced than we are. So, are you saying our technology will not advance to more exotic technology in the near future? Of course it will and probably has already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal