Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2021, 05:01 PM

10,848 posts, read 7,256,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
There was a poster here who used one and reported on "conversations" (as in, word for word) that the "pet psychic" had with her dead cat. I suggested that she ask the psychic to ask the cat what its name was (before the poster TOLD the psychic what the cat's name was); if the psychic were really talking with the cat, surely the cat could answer such a simple question. Of course, the poster never did this because she WANTED to believe. I absolutely understand that desire, since I've lost a bunch of beloved relatives, friends, kitties, etc., that I would LOVE to talk to again, but at the same time I find it really sad and I get angry at the "psychic." (And I guess you could argue that said "psychic" is giving the person comfort just like, say, a therapist or good friend might, but the difference is the psychic is knowingly deceiving the person and likely laughing all the way to the bank.)
I'm pretty sure I don't want to know what my live cat has to say, much less a dead one.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 01:20 PM

102,094 posts, read 107,215,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnWannabe View Post
G'day All..

I have a problem. I kind of believe in psychic abilities, in fact I have displayed them myself on the odd occasion.
While I don't want to post the question I asked, I have spoken with a large number (20+) of psychics recently, and asked them exactly the same question. Most of them were online, one was by phone.
The vast majority of them said what I asked would happen. Most of them were within 2 months of each other with respect to the timeline - the window I have is March-April this year. Four of them said it wouldn't happen.
So, my question is this...is it possible that they were simply telling me what I wanted to hear, or is there something more in it? And why would they be so close on the timeline if they were simply telling me what I wanted to hear?
What is possible, is that some of the people you were talking to weren't bona fide psychics. Or they were, but their abilities aren't consistently clear. How did you go about selecting whom to consult with?

Old 01-04-2021, 01:26 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,355,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe we ALL have some of these abilities, but the trick is, we dont know how to flip the mental switch to ON, and/or know how to access the abilities.
Think of an odd number between 1 - 100. When you are ready, I will predict the number. Do not tell me until I tell you the number. Ready when you are.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:22 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,159,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe we ALL have some of these abilities, but the trick is, we dont know how to flip the mental switch to ON, and/or know how to access the abilities.
Oh, I absolutely believe that we see and take in way more than we notice. Our brain processes the totality of what we see, and sometimes we make decisions that are more intuitive which makes us think we’re psychic.

But I do not believe in psychics. Regarding people who claim they are psychics and get something right? Well, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Old 01-04-2021, 06:42 PM

23,559 posts, read 70,077,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I'm pretty sure I don't want to know what my live cat has to say, much less a dead one.
If it involves litter boxes, I think the rest of us are in agreement.

Ever notice how cats are very interested in your bowel habits? I wonder if some of them were yogi practicing proctologists in previous lives. (The others might have been sushi chefs)

Old 01-05-2021, 03:27 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,021,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Oh, I absolutely believe that we see and take in way more than we notice. Our brain processes the totality of what we see, and sometimes we make decisions that are more intuitive which makes us think we’re psychic.

But I do not believe in psychics. Regarding people who claim they are psychics and get something right? Well, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
There was the Great Randi challenge that went on for many years and nobody won the money. Psychics do better when they are in control and not that great when others set the standards.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,480,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There was the Great Randi challenge that went on for many years and nobody won the money. Psychics do better when they are in control and not that great when others set the standards.
I can honestly say, if I had telekinetic abilities...NO WAY would I EVER . 'tell that to the world', by coming forward attempting to win a large sum of money. LOL

What good would a million bucks in my bank account be, if I suddenly found myself at some 'research facility', where I became a lab rat trying to find out why/how I had these abilities?! lol I believe they would find some reason to justify 'detaining permanently'...they could even say such a person was a security threat.

Old 01-05-2021, 11:10 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,355,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Think of an odd number between 1 - 100. When you are ready, I will predict the number. Do not tell me until I tell you the number. Ready when you are.
rstevens...humor me please..pick the number in your head and just say ready. What if I get it right?

Old 01-05-2021, 11:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,480,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
rstevens...humor me please..pick the number in your head and just say ready. What if I get it right?
Im being honest...the first number that came to mind after reading your post was 7.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:10 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,044,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
I have an extremely close family member who has an excruciatingly painful neurological disorder. During the first 2 years of his illness he knew things that were impossible to be a coincidence because of the frequency and accuracy of what he saw. Some examples; one time he started crying because he knew that a group of people in Colorado were being murderred by a mentally ill man. Several hours later, it was on the news. once he started crying when we were on a camping trip [okay, it was a grounded camping club] He said that he was crying because he had just talked to a baby who had died. He said he was sad because the parents did not know that their baby was dead. They thought he was sleeping in his crib and would be so upset when they found him. He said that the baby wanted my loved one to give him to give the parents a message. We asked him whose baby had died. He said he didn't know, but we would know in the morning because it was the baby of a family at the club. Next day, we found out that the cook's grandson, Isaiha had died. His daughter and the baby had been staying with the cook for a few days.

One time we were on our way home from somewhere, and my loved one grew hysterical, insisting we had to turn the car around. He didn't know where he was leading us but we wound up in a large, empty field. He kept wandering around asking him what he was looking for. He kept saying "I don't know." Finally he stopped and said, "We need to dig here." We did [or actually he and my husband did] and there was a bag filled with a substantial sum of money. My loved one said "This was a bad mans money. You [me and my husband] are supposed to have it." And we really desperately needed it, because we had already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to find something to alleviate his neurological pain when there was nothing in Western medicine to help him. My loved one did not know it, but until he found that money we did not have a clue how we would pay our mortgage, utilities, food, or anything that month.

I could give hundreds of examples. As the pain became less frequent, so did the knowing things.

The pain never left entirely but eventually he was so much better. About 2 years ago, "the burns"[that's what he calls them] started getting worse again. And they have continued to worsen. He has not mentioned knowing things like he used to. I just want him to stop suffering. I meant to just tell everyone that I have known someone with true psychic abilities, but I am ending with asking you all to please pray for my son. Thank you.
Awesome post, thank you for sharing. I will for sure be praying for your son.

I was involved in the search for little Gannon Stauch here in Colorado Springs. A group of women noticed me on the "missing" groups & contacted me. One of them was the psychic who cracked the Heidi Broussard case. I had been actively searching for Gannon up Gold Camp Road, High Drive, Rampart Range, Ute Valley, Garden of the Gods, etc, when she started sending me google map images with an area off of 105 by Palmer Lake circled. She was writing "I am seeing Bison. And the number 83. Abandoned farmhouse. Llamas?" That's way north from where the search efforts had been.

I kept saying "I know where that is but there is no way she (the stepmom; last one to see him) could have gotten there & back to Lorsen Ranch in an hour from the Petco." (there was surveillance video of her at Petco & a ring doorbell camera of her leaving with Gannon but arriving back home alone after being seen at Petco). Just to humor the group, I headed that way for a day or two. I passed the Bison farm ... just off hwy 83. That was right after the abandoned farm & the donkey ranch (that raises Llamas).

Then she said; "I think he's been moved". She started painting what she saw. Pelicans & water. (I have only ever seen 1 pelican in Colorado) That next week; law enforcement started a huge search effort off of 105. (later revealed from tracking her Apple watch) They found a bloody sock & a tooth. A stick with blood on it but no Gannon. The step mom was charged despite no body having been found. The psychic lives in Louisiana. She had literally picked the exact place where Gannon's body had been, off a map.

But I was confused by her water & pelican paintings. It made no sense in Colorado. A few weeks later a construction crew found Gannon's body in a suit case ... in the water ... underneath a bridge in Florida.

I have read the affidavit. The step mom had dumped Gannon's body off 105 but retrieved him at a later date, put him in a suitcase & dropped it over a bridge in Florida. Everything the psychic said was right, despite how improbable it seemed to be from the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal