U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 06:47 PM

11,796 posts, read 12,140,382 times

Advertisements

So a woman on Tik Tok says that when she was a younger girl living with her mom, she went on vacation for 2 weeks only to return to her mom telling her that they had to move out. Only until they had left, did her mom sat her down and explain why she was suddenly so terrified of living in the apartment they had been living in for the last 10 years. This is spooky.

https://www.intheknow.com/2020/12/29...-tiktok-ghost/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 10:05 PM

21,442 posts, read 11,003,398 times
“Is there a part of your house y’all never knew existed?”
A common question
Creepystory though

Old 01-05-2021, 04:22 AM

17,915 posts, read 14,173,770 times
The only thing I don't know from that story is if their uninvited guest always had to come in through her apartment or if they had another entrance/exit? If their apartment was the only entrance and exit, then the logical thing to do would be to change the locks. Notifying the landlord and the police would also be a logical move. If the landlord knew about this they would still be in no position to object to changing the locks.

The mother supposedly explained about a small very heavy ceiling tile that had to be moved to get in to the attic, but it is hard to get into an attic without a ladder or something to step on. Another thing that bothered me it the mother said there was only one set of tracks in the dust. It takes a long time to build up enough dust so an observer can see footprints. It isn't only that, but that single set of tracks could have been made many years ago by a previous tenant. My thinking is that it is more likely a previous tenant had somebody they wanted to protect from the police finding them and they created that hiding space.

Old 01-05-2021, 03:54 PM

5,832 posts, read 4,532,840 times
I grew up in a Victorian era house not far from the Mississippi River. The attic was creepy, and when I took a bath I always made sure I kept an eye on the door. Just in case. There was a sickroom that had been added over the kitchen; windows all around, the only heat came from a vent to the kitchen below, and there was a chute going to the basement, I assume for laundry.

After mom died, my sister inherited the house and when I was visiting one day, she took me up there to show me what she found. Turns out the attic extended over the sickroom, and it had been boarded up. She tore out one of the boards, and inside the room were toys from the 19th century, including an old toy baby carriage, and a chalkboard that still had a child's scribblings on it. There had been a fire in the room - some of the wood was charred. The house had its stories, but kept them to itself -- and anyone who could tell them was long dead. It was torn down twenty years ago, and is now an empty lot.

“Within, walls continued upright, bricks met neatly, floors were firm, and doors were sensibly shut; silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and whatever walked there, walked alone.”

― Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Old 01-05-2021, 04:37 PM

9,733 posts, read 5,462,107 times
I found a creepy room in my house.... they call it a kitchen.

Old 01-05-2021, 05:30 PM

17,915 posts, read 14,173,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I found a creepy room in my house.... they call it a kitchen.
I have a creepy room in my house. Now if I could only get in it. Of course I would need many trips to the dump! I and my late wife thought we were trying out for an episode of American Hoarder!

Old 01-05-2021, 06:07 PM

13,682 posts, read 22,327,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I have a creepy room in my house. Now if I could only get in it. Of course I would need many trips to the dump! I and my late wife thought we were trying out for an episode of American Hoarder!
That journey starts one piece at a time.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The only thing I don't know from that story is if their uninvited guest always had to come in through her apartment or if they had another entrance/exit?
I read there was only one way to get in, by the closet.

Quote:
If their apartment was the only entrance and exit, then the logical thing to do would be to change the locks. Notifying the landlord and the police would also be a logical move. If the landlord knew about this they would still be in no position to object to changing the locks.

The mother supposedly explained about a small very heavy ceiling tile that had to be moved to get in to the attic, but it is hard to get into an attic without a ladder or something to step on. Another thing that bothered me it the mother said there was only one set of tracks in the dust. It takes a long time to build up enough dust so an observer can see footprints. It isn't only that, but that single set of tracks could have been made many years ago by a previous tenant. My thinking is that it is more likely a previous tenant had somebody they wanted to protect from the police finding them and they created that hiding space.
I get the impression that they think it might of been a ghost, since they mentioned her night terrors, sleepwalking, and sleep paralysis went away once they moved..

Old 01-05-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I grew up in a Victorian era house not far from the Mississippi River. The attic was creepy, and when I took a bath I always made sure I kept an eye on the door. Just in case. There was a sickroom that had been added over the kitchen; windows all around, the only heat came from a vent to the kitchen below, and there was a chute going to the basement, I assume for laundry.

After mom died, my sister inherited the house and when I was visiting one day, she took me up there to show me what she found. Turns out the attic extended over the sickroom, and it had been boarded up. She tore out one of the boards, and inside the room were toys from the 19th century, including an old toy baby carriage, and a chalkboard that still had a child's scribblings on it. There had been a fire in the room - some of the wood was charred. The house had its stories, but kept them to itself -- and anyone who could tell them was long dead. It was torn down twenty years ago, and is now an empty lot.

“Within, walls continued upright, bricks met neatly, floors were firm, and doors were sensibly shut; silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and whatever walked there, walked alone.”

It makes me wonder why if a child lived there, they didn't take that stuff when they moved out? And why instead of cleaning it out after they were gone, the next inhabitants just decided to board it up.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:44 PM

4,182 posts, read 3,088,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post

I just read THE POSSIBILITY OF EVIL, THE WITCH, and THE SUMMER PEOPLE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal