Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 05:34 AM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times

Advertisements

Avi Loeb, the chair of Harvard's Astronomy Department has written a book which puts his side of the argument that this might be an alien probe.

Source

Quote:
Later this month, Harvard astronomy researcher Avi Loeb will publish a book with the provocative title “Extraterrestrial: The First Sign of Intelligent Life Beyond Earth.”

In the book, Loeb doubles down on his controversial theory that ‘Oumuamua, an interstellar object spotted by astronomers in 2017, may be an alien probe that was sent by an advanced extraterrestrial civilization.

According to a statement by Loeb’s publisher HMH Books received by the Boston Globe, Loeb “showed it was not an asteroid; it was moving too fast along a strange orbit, and left no trail of gas or debris in its wake.”
It seems that some astronomers think there was something REALLY strange about that interstellar object. Maybe we are not being told the truth about what they found out about it? Maybe this book is his opinion on what it was and why it was strange? If other astronomers do not want to "rock the boat" and go against the conventional thinking, then what does this say about the event?

Actually, I seem to remember there was another similar event wasn't there, where something came in from outside the Solar System and passed through?

Link 1

Link 2

Quote:
A rare object entered our solar system last month and now astronomers have confirmed it is the second interstellar comet ever detected. It was given the name "2I/Borisov" on Tuesday, but researchers have no idea where it came from.

On August 30, Ukrainian amateur astronomer Gennady Borisov discovered the object from the MARGO observatory in Crimea, temporarily naming it C/2019 Q4. The comet was discovered with a 0.65-meter telescope, built by Borisov himself.
Link 3

Other Oumuamua threads on CD
CD Link 1
CD Link 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 09:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
The one thing I wonder about this...why would they need to send such a probe in the first place? It didnt get very close either, not sure how much data it could have gathered.

Old 01-07-2021, 04:57 PM

Think of all the satellites(with the weapons onboard!), space telescopes, the ISS, the TV, radio waves coming and going. If you wanted to know what stage of development we were, then this 'probe' would have collected masses of data. It could also have scanned the Earth for lights, infrared, vegitation, pollution, chemicals in the atmosphere, etc. What if it is was doing a scan of the different Solar Systems to see where they could move to? Similar to what we do examining the other Earth-like planets with our radio telescopes, but they send an automatic probe out to collect data for them instead. You can collect far more data that way, and it might have sent back a report already. We think transmissions are limited in speed by the speed of light, but who knows what other civilisations have discovered?

So what they need to know? At least all of these things and more which we dont know. The kind of details NASA finds out when it visits a barren rock in the middle of nowhere, except that we do not know what agenda or ideas the aliens have for our planet in the future... (cue the scary music).

This actually could be the start of a War of the Worlds scenario. Cant you just hear Richard Burtons voice at the start of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds ? "Slowly and carefully they drew their plans against us"

Old 01-07-2021, 09:31 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
I, myself, suspect that it is some sort of a rock.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:36 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I, myself, suspect that it is some sort of a rock.
An odd shaped rock as well....hmmmm...can nature do that?

Old 01-08-2021, 05:10 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,489,942 times
I wonder how Facebook and Twitter would go about "fact checking" his ideas about the interstellar object.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:04 PM

The world will get more and more controlled until one day (hopefully) people will react against it. This is what history has told us happens, so it is not what I am urging people to do. However, we do need to take our heads out of our TVs and mobile phones long enough to see what is going on around us.

So, wherever there is a situation where people are repressed and downtrodden, they eventually realise the power of the people and rise up and overthrow that regime and take back their power. Until that time, the authorities continue to restrict us more and more - as can be seen in current times. This is what some religious people say when they point to end-times passages in the Bible perhaps?

Old 01-11-2021, 07:32 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Do we have : Nature is space?

Old 01-11-2021, 09:01 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Why can't nature do that?

Old 01-11-2021, 12:29 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The world will get more and more controlled until one day (hopefully) people will react against it. This is what history has told us happens, so it is not what I am urging people to do. However, we do need to take our heads out of our TVs and mobile phones long enough to see what is going on around us.

So, wherever there is a situation where people are repressed and downtrodden, they eventually realise the power of the people and rise up and overthrow that regime and take back their power. Until that time, the authorities continue to restrict us more and more - as can be seen in current times. This is what some religious people say when they point to end-times passages in the Bible perhaps?
I do agree with your post...but we also must keep in mind, if this thing was a real alien probe, and/or aliens are here earth, the Govt itself can only do so much to keep it hidden from the public...if these aliens wanted to be seen...they would be, (govt would be powerless to hide or stop it).

While I do not believe ALL ufos are 'extraterrestrial'...I am starting to believe our Govt wants us to THINK aliens are here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal