Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2021, 09:56 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times

Advertisements

Just came out on Wednesday. Finished the first three episodes so far. It’s a limited series which tackles topics such as near death experiences, mediumship, reincarnation, ghosts, and signs from loved ones who have passed. So far it’s been pretty good. Here’s my take on the first few episodes, but skip if you want to watch it yourself first:

Spoiler
The first episode I really enjoyed... credible people including medical doctors recounted near death experiences both they themselves and their patients experienced. There was one woman who had premonitions about her own death from childbirth and told her doctor what would happen, and it actually did. She was brain dead for 37 seconds and saw the operating room and was able to describe who was standing where and doing what. Ended up being very depressed afterward.

The medium episodes were a little more meh. They focused on two mediums, one who appeared to be quite accurate with providing “un-googlable” information, the other seemed a likely fraud. And there were these weird seances where nothing interesting really happened.

Will probably finish the series this weekend, looking forward to the reincarnation episode.

It did make me wonder about one thing- if mediumship is real, and reincarnation is real, how can a medium communicate with a reincarnated soul? I’ve watched a LOT of medium readings, and not once have I heard a medium say “I believe your loved one is no longer in the spirit world because they have been reincarnated into the material world.” If mediums have contact with the spirit world, you would think that information might be passed along by maybe another spirit to the medium.

Anyway, pretty good series so far.

Edited to add spoiler in case anyone didn’t want me to ruin the first few episodes for them

Last edited by Bluefox; 01-09-2021 at 10:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 10:50 AM

1,304 posts, read 855,271 times
I watched most of it. I really enjoyed the first one and the one on reincarnation. I guess I am just skeptical regarding the mediums and didn't enjoy that as much...although they were interesting. Overall, I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:33 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
We're currently watching it.

Old 01-09-2021, 02:11 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We're currently watching it.
I want to watch it but I don't have Netflix where I am at the moment. My daughter just told me about it today.

Old 01-09-2021, 05:00 PM

6,943 posts, read 6,869,734 times
From what I read, I think what is supposed to happen is that only a portion of your energy is placed into this Earth-body container and the rest stays there, so you never actually leave. It is somewhat similar to your spirit having a dream so that it can experience the parts of existence that cannot be experienced 'up there'. For example, if there was no "baddies" in a place full of "goodies", then you (as a spirit) would never be able to appreciate many of the qualities and thoughts of what makes a "baddie" a "baddie". If that is how it is, then this Earth really is a hellish place which we (as spirit) choose to come to, to experience mostly hellish experiences.

This allows you the spirit to be more rounded and to be able to help a wider section of spirits by understanding what they are going through. Like saying the best drugs counsellors are the ones who themselves have been druggies at some stage of their life. Apparently, spirits which have been human are regarded as having a good 'training' due to the difficulty of the Earth environment.

Thats how I understand it anyway and that makes sense to me.

Yes, leslie kean has written some interesting books and the series covers some interesting things. There will never be enough proof for some people though, so all this type of program can do is to present evidence and for each one of us to make up our minds about it. However, it is good to know what science is being done on all of this at reputable universities, and as it says in there, all of science started with collecting stories of events and then creating hypotheses out of those and then proving the things which can be proven. There will always be stuff which we cannot yet prove though.

Old 01-09-2021, 05:15 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
I think I just stumbled across it last night, on youtube, Or something very close to your description. Loved it! Didn't see the one about mediums.

You raise a good question about: how can people be in the spirit world, while re-incarnating at the same time. Very good question. There's a theory, that "people" can bi-locate. I'm not up on the details.

Great topic, btw, OP.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:03 AM

Just finished the series. The reincarnation episode (the last one) was really phenomenal. One of the cases (Marty Martyn) I was already familiar with but there were a few others I hadn’t heard about before. Really interesting stuff and they present a fairly compelling case.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:51 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Just finished the series. The reincarnation episode (the last one) was really phenomenal. One of the cases (Marty Martyn) I was already familiar with but there were a few others I hadn’t heard about before. Really interesting stuff and they present a fairly compelling case.
I hope I can look it up on youtube. What's it called: "Surviving Death" episode X. "Reincarnation"? Help me out here.

Old 01-11-2021, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I hope I can look it up on youtube. What's it called: "Surviving Death" episode X. "Reincarnation"? Help me out here.
It’s Netflix “Surviving Death” Series 1 - Episode 6. I couldn’t readily find it streaming outside of Netflix when I searched on Google but it may be somewhere like Daily Motion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal