Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 01:29 PM

57 posts, read 106,076 times

Advertisements

In 1995 Mike Marcum set out to build a Jacobs Ladder at his home in Stanberry, MO. He was using a modified CD laser to lower the resistance of the air in between the two poles. This would create a continuous arc, in his other experiments the arc, before using the CD, would stick.

He noticed a strange effect when he turned it on. There was a heat signature, like the kind you would see off of a hot pavement, except this one was circular like a vortex. He decided to toss a sheet metal screw through the vortex to see what would happen.

He claims it disappeared for about half a second. Just enough to notice it was gone.

After a few more tests the CD laser caught on fire. He figured if he was going to rebuild the machine again, he might as well use larger transformers. His original plan was to purchase the transformers, but they are quiet expensive. He resorted to the alternative. At the local power station there were 6 old transformers calling his name. And he answered. His intention was to appropriate 3 transformers but he got carried away and took all 6.

Mike sets up the transformers to the outlets in his house. The cable wasn't strong enough to handle the high current and he knew it would draw suspicion if he were to call the power company to reinforce it. He was prepared to attempt to climb the pole on his own. Did he?
When Mike hooked up the new and improved Jacobs Ladder/Time Machine he drew more power then he expected and browned out half the town. There were reports of home appliances being destroyed because of it. Mike resorted to working at night when he would be less noticed.

The local police department had a search warrant and entered Mikes house through unlocked doors where they found Mike asleep. Among the things they found were: an electric cigarette lighter made out of a microwave oven, an electric piggy bank, and 6 stolen transformers worth approximately $13,000. Assuming he would face a large amount of jail time, Mike decides to claim he was building a time machine hoping he would wind up in the "loony bin." He received 60 days in jail. The account was described in the Kansas City Star and this news story is what led to Mike's interview on Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell. Great interview.

You can listen to the entire interview here if you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj2uiLNiAbo

The result of being on with Art, Mike received donations from the listeners because he actually gave out his home address on air. With intentions of using the donations for a much larger legitimate project this time.

After his interview with Art Bell he was never seen or heard from again. He vanished for an entire two years. He fulfilled his goal of a large scale replica of what he had built before. After testing with Guinea pigs he got on a cherry picker and jumped through the portal. Only to turn up 800 miles away in a field in Ohio barely remembering his own name two years into the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHUpLICqN2c
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 09:35 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,791,648 times
People who mess about with over-unity devices report some weird effects. I believe some say that Joe Cells need a certain kind of attitude for them to work in cars, but it was a long time ago that I belonged to those kind of forums. I would say that if we are going to hear about anything weird happening, then it will come from the garage inventors because there will not be anything which comes out of(reported by) government and university labs.

Art used to have some amazingly interesting people on his show. RIP Art. We need more people like him.

Old 01-21-2021, 08:36 AM

9,999 posts, read 8,495,705 times
I'm always interested in reading about a Missouri time traveler. I tried researching to find out what became of him.
He's mentioned in a few other sources besides that radio show. It said he mysteriously disappeared and then popped up in Ohio and that he wanted to use his time travel to get winning lottery numbers because he needed money for his projects.
I found a Mike E. Marcum on a finder website called Beenverified. com and it said he was born in 1995 and is living in Cincinnati, Ohio and his previous location was Stanberry, Mo.
Just out of curiosity I checked the lists of Missouri lottery winners, Missouri is one of the states where they are allowed to publish winner's names.
The name Marcum seems to be lucky for winning lotteries. They all have different first names but if he was smart enough to invent a time machine he would be smart enough not to use his own name. None of these people won the grand prize, guess that would draw too much suspicion.

2012 Aaron Marcum, Lebanon, Mo
2013 Howard Marcum, Pineville, Mo
2014 Rebecca Marcum, Pineville, Mo
2015 Randall Marcum, Kansas City, Mo
2016 Becky Marcum, Diamond, Mo
2017 Robert Marcum, Delaware, Oh
2018 Penny Marcum, Pineville, Mo
2019 Becky Marcum, Diamond, Mo
2020 Makayla Marcum, Buffalo, Mo
2021 Sandra Marcum, Noel, Mo

There were other Marcums I didn't list that have won Missouri lotteries. I didn't check Ohio lotteries.

Old 01-21-2021, 11:26 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,416,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I'm always interested in reading about a Missouri time traveler. I tried researching to find out what became of him.
He's mentioned in a few other sources besides that radio show. It said he mysteriously disappeared and then popped up in Ohio and that he wanted to use his time travel to get winning lottery numbers because he needed money for his projects.
I found a Mike E. Marcum on a finder website called Beenverified. com and it said he was born in 1995 and is living in Cincinnati, Ohio and his previous location was Stanberry, Mo.
Just out of curiosity I checked the lists of Missouri lottery winners, Missouri is one of the states where they are allowed to publish winner's names.
The name Marcum seems to be lucky for winning lotteries. They all have different first names but if he was smart enough to invent a time machine he would be smart enough not to use his own name. None of these people won the grand prize, guess that would draw too much suspicion.

2012 Aaron Marcum, Lebanon, Mo
2013 Howard Marcum, Pineville, Mo
2014 Rebecca Marcum, Pineville, Mo
2015 Randall Marcum, Kansas City, Mo
2016 Becky Marcum, Diamond, Mo
2017 Robert Marcum, Delaware, Oh
2018 Penny Marcum, Pineville, Mo
2019 Becky Marcum, Diamond, Mo
2020 Makayla Marcum, Buffalo, Mo
2021 Sandra Marcum, Noel, Mo

There were other Marcums I didn't list that have won Missouri lotteries. I didn't check Ohio lotteries.
Oh wow, that is incredibly suspicious to have that many 'Marcums' winning the grand prize lottery in consecutive years, for so many years! (if there is no connection, that is one helluva coincidence!)

I would bet my life, this is in some secret file, being investigated/monitored by the feds.

Old 01-21-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
People who mess about with over-unity devices report some weird effects. I believe some say that Joe Cells need a certain kind of attitude for them to work in cars, but it was a long time ago that I belonged to those kind of forums. I would say that if we are going to hear about anything weird happening, then it will come from the garage inventors because there will not be anything which comes out of(reported by) government and university labs.

Art used to have some amazingly interesting people on his show. RIP Art. We need more people like him.
I may have to look into this, Im pretty handy and have always wanted to attempt to build something like this, never heard of lowering the resistance of air though, I wonder where he got the idea for this or how he theorized it would work?

A CD laser is pretty weak, there are much more powerful lasers available, Im wondering if using one of these would change anything?

Ever since my high school experiment with 2 magnets and creating a small space of 'anti gravity',I had always wanted to scale it up and see if I could suspend a larger object in mid air, unfortunately, I have the same problem as this guy...Lack of funds for such things!

Old 01-21-2021, 12:02 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,895,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Oh wow, that is incredibly suspicious to have that many 'Marcums' winning the grand prize lottery in consecutive years, for so many years! (if there is no connection, that is one helluva coincidence!)
However ... when I lived in Orange County Virginia, there were tons of Shiffletts or Shifletts and Shiflettes in the county, many with the same first name. And there are lots of Midgets and Midgettes on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. So I suspect there just happen to be a lot of Marcums living in Missouri. You do have three won by women named Becky (Rebecca) Marcum - but Becky's a pretty popular name - Tom Sawyer's love interest was Becky Thatcher, after all, and the novel was set in a fictional Missouri town.

https://coastguard.dodlive.mil/2017/...idgett-family/
https://www.klein-shiflett.com/shifl...I/surname.html

Old 01-21-2021, 07:47 PM

Perhaps somebody gets about a bit and sows the wild oats here and there...

Old 01-22-2021, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
However ... when I lived in Orange County Virginia, there were tons of Shiffletts or Shifletts and Shiflettes in the county, many with the same first name. And there are lots of Midgets and Midgettes on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. So I suspect there just happen to be a lot of Marcums living in Missouri. You do have three won by women named Becky (Rebecca) Marcum - but Becky's a pretty popular name - Tom Sawyer's love interest was Becky Thatcher, after all, and the novel was set in a fictional Missouri town.

https://coastguard.dodlive.mil/2017/...idgett-family/
https://www.klein-shiflett.com/shifl...I/surname.html
I get that 'Marcum' may be a popular or common name in this area...but its something else entirely, when 'marcums' are all winning the lottery...and in consecutive years!

There is SOMETHING up with that!!

I want to learn more about this homemade device he built out of a CD laser too.

Although Im not sure there is anything the lottery people or authorities can do about it...some may call what he is doing 'cheating'...but the way I see it, if you are intelligent enough to build a time machine, you should be able to reap the benefits of that, another way of looking at it, is This guy found a legitimate way to game the lottery! (I say MORE POWER TO HIM!!)

Old 01-22-2021, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Although Im not sure there is anything the lottery people or authorities can do about it...some may call what he is doing 'cheating'...but the way I see it, if you are intelligent enough to build a time machine, you should be able to reap the benefits of that, another way of looking at it, is This guy found a legitimate way to game the lottery! (I say MORE POWER TO HIM!!)
Except that if he wins then other people lose and thats "not fair" (assuming the world is fair - which it isn't)
The last thing we need now is POWER, we have too many elitist people seeking power which is causing us citizens to be more and more controlled.
The ultimate 'fairness' is similar to communism, has anyone who thinks things SHOULD be fair, thought of that?

Old 01-22-2021, 09:11 AM

10,819 posts, read 7,184,193 times
Quote:

I would bet my life, this is in some secret file, being investigated/monitored by the feds.
He mentioned that none had won the Grand Prize. Does this list include people who won small prizes? Marcum would need quite a bit of money, and winning even a few thousand a year wouldn't be enough.

This also may not be a lot of Marcums, relatively speaking.
How many similar prizes were awarded each year? Hundreds? Thousands?
How many Marcums are there in Missouri? What percentage of the entire population?

Compare the percentage of Marcums in the state to the percentage of lottery wins (and dollar amounts) by Marcums, and you might have some usable data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal