Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 03:39 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,476,905 times

Advertisements

We'll find if bigfoot's for real now. I just hope they don't set the limit too high. I per hunter ought to be about right.

https://kfor.com/news/oklahoma-lawma...unting-season/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 05:14 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
What they will find out is how many bears are in Oklahoma that people think are Big Foot. There is also a very good chance that they will end up with a few dead humans. There is no chance that anybody will bag a Big Foot because nobody has ever proven any of them are real.

Old 01-21-2021, 05:32 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,476,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
What they will find out is how many bears are in Oklahoma that people think are Big Foot. There is also a very good chance that they will end up with a few dead humans. There is no chance that anybody will bag a Big Foot because nobody has ever proven any of them are real.
I think this is one of those tongue-in-cheek bills.

Old 01-21-2021, 06:40 PM

6,941 posts, read 6,869,734 times
It says that he wants to do it for Tourism purposes and that he does not want to kill BF, only trap them. I think this is not clearly thought out and will only confuse the situation. I suggest that laws are needed as to what BF is and where he sits within the law - as a human or an animal?

Quote:
Humphrey said he doesn’t want people to actually kill Bigfoot, so he will be working with the state wildlife and tourism departments to craft final language for his bill that specifies only the trapping of Bigfoot. He also hopes to secure at least a $25,000 bounty for the first person to trap the creature.

I can imagine many people going to go out in the woods trying to prove how macho they are. If we were BF with people after us trying to trap us, what will we do. This issue does not end well for either party.

Of course, if there are no Bigfoot then there will be no problem.

Old 01-21-2021, 11:30 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
I cannot remember if Ive ever ask you this or not...how do you explain all the historical accounts coming directly from the different Native American tribes, (where they talk about the existence of sasquatch like beings who live in the forest)?

I just posted a thread about this, I found it on the BFRO site, it lists all the native american tribes by name and goes in depth talking about these 'big hairy giants', its very interesting reading.

Surely you are not suggesting this many Native American tribes have 'misidentified' bears...right?

Old 01-22-2021, 04:53 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I cannot remember if Ive ever ask you this or not...how do you explain all the historical accounts coming directly from the different Native American tribes, (where they talk about the existence of sasquatch like beings who live in the forest)?

I just posted a thread about this, I found it on the BFRO site, it lists all the native american tribes by name and goes in depth talking about these 'big hairy giants', its very interesting reading.

Surely you are not suggesting this many Native American tribes have 'misidentified' bears...right?
I saw your thread and it starts out with describing the Native American BF as about 'normal size". I did not feel there was any reason to comment. It could have been the misidentification of an European settler with a lot of hair or just about any person they were not familiar with. Stories about mystic armor are to be taken as a grain of salt. They are good campfire stories and nothing else.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:48 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,021,108 times
My dad grew up in the north east corner of Oklahoma. Not far from the Neosho River.

One day, he and a buddy were hiking/exploring in the area. They new the area fairly well, having hiked in the area many times before.

On this particular day, they separated, agreeing to meet up later. So my dad is walking along a bluff over looking the river, and he sees a figure knelt down on the river bank. He figures his friend, so he calls out his friend's name and waves.

The figure looks up, and then stands up, and my dad realizes it's not his friend, and doesn't even look human. The figure looks up at my dad for a minute or so, and then shambles off.

My dad would always say "I don't know what it was I saw, but it wasn't my friend, and it wasn't a person." And it spooked my dad a little.

Old 01-22-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
My dad grew up in the north east corner of Oklahoma. Not far from the Neosho River.

One day, he and a buddy were hiking/exploring in the area. They new the area fairly well, having hiked in the area many times before.

On this particular day, they separated, agreeing to meet up later. So my dad is walking along a bluff over looking the river, and he sees a figure knelt down on the river bank. He figures his friend, so he calls out his friend's name and waves.

The figure looks up, and then stands up, and my dad realizes it's not his friend, and doesn't even look human. The figure looks up at my dad for a minute or so, and then shambles off.

My dad would always say "I don't know what it was I saw, but it wasn't my friend, and it wasn't a person." And it spooked my dad a little.
Interesting...Did he ever describe what it looked like?

Old 01-22-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I saw your thread and it starts out with describing the Native American BF as about 'normal size". I did not feel there was any reason to comment. It could have been the misidentification of an European settler with a lot of hair or just about any person they were not familiar with. Stories about mystic armor are to be taken as a grain of salt. They are good campfire stories and nothing else.
I took all the different tribes accounts into consideration, looked for similarities, its pretty easy to see they were referring something that was not human, but it was still something they were used to seeing regularly, (they were familiar with the Sasquatches hunting methods, what area they lived in,etc).

Old 01-22-2021, 09:57 AM

13,624 posts, read 10,027,837 times
I can just imagine a load of unshaven country people, muttering and grumbling, (totally unintelligible), while caged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal