U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2021, 11:46 AM

20,916 posts, read 5,993,748 times

Advertisements

I listened to a podcast the other day of 'Paranormal Round Table', hosted by Josh Turner, he frequently talks about 'Dogmen/werewolves', (he actually had an encounter when he was 15 in Taylor, TX), there are more and more people having sightings/encounters with these 'Dogmen' today...

Turner has always been most interested in finding out what these things are, there are different theories, some theorize they may be the modern spirits of the Nephilim, some believe they are purely supernatural, surprisingly there are more and more people starting to believe these are REAL werewolves (humans that can change their form thru some process)...

One of the guests on this podcast said there are 'pacts' that can be made, that gives the person the ability to 'metamorphose' into anything they like, (there is one demon he mentioned that specializes in this), but I cannot remember his name, (starts with a 'U' I think?).

This is something Native American people are also very familiar with, they refer to them as 'Skinwalkers', but its basically the same thing...a human being that changes into a half human/half wolf, canine hybrid. Native Americans say this ability is acquired thru the practice of 'black magic'.

Im wondering if anyone knows more about this?

I think I may have stumbled onto someone who was involved in this sort of thing recently...I follow this ladies blog online that I learned about from a Facebook friend, she doesnt normally talk about this kind of stuff, but for awhile she was dating a guy who claimed to be a 'werewolf', apparently she saw things that made her believe he was being honest, she admits that she doesnt really know what to think, but she has seen and experienced things that she cannot explain (relating to this guy literally changing form using some kind of salve).
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 12:09 PM

26,111 posts, read 19,231,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I listened to a podcast the other day of 'Paranormal Round Table', hosted by Josh Turner, he frequently talks about 'Dogmen/werewolves', (he actually had an encounter when he was 15 in Taylor, TX), there are more and more people having sightings/encounters with these 'Dogmen' today...

Turner has always been most interested in finding out what these things are, there are different theories, some theorize they may be the modern spirits of the Nephilim, some believe they are purely supernatural, surprisingly there are more and more people starting to believe these are REAL werewolves (humans that can change their form thru some process)...

One of the guests on this podcast said there are 'pacts' that can be made, that gives the person the ability to 'metamorphose' into anything they like, (there is one demon he mentioned that specializes in this), but I cannot remember his name, (starts with a 'U' I think?).

This is something Native American people are also very familiar with, they refer to them as 'Skinwalkers', but its basically the same thing...a human being that changes into a half human/half wolf, canine hybrid. Native Americans say this ability is acquired thru the practice of 'black magic'.

Im wondering if anyone knows more about this?

I think I may have stumbled onto someone who was involved in this sort of thing recently...I follow this ladies blog online that I learned about from a Facebook friend, she doesnt normally talk about this kind of stuff, but for awhile she was dating a guy who claimed to be a 'werewolf', apparently she saw things that made her believe he was being honest, she admits that she doesnt really know what to think, but she has seen and experienced things that she cannot explain (relating to this guy literally changing form using some kind of salve).
About all I can say is that regarding the idea of them being the modern spirits of the Nephilim, according to the book of 1 Enoch, demons were the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim and in the New Testament demons did not assume physical form but would indwell the bodies of people (unbelievers). So, for what it's worth, I would dismiss the idea that these 'Dogmen' were the spirits of the Nephilim.

Old 01-26-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
About all I can say is that regarding the idea of them being the modern spirits of the Nephilim, according to the book of 1 Enoch, demons were the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim and in the New Testament demons did not assume physical form but would indwell the bodies of people (unbelievers). So, for what it's worth, I would dismiss the idea that these 'Dogmen' were the spirits of the Nephilim.
There are different types of demons though, the spirits of the Nephilim are only one type, the angels that rebelled in heaven were the original demons, according to the bible, there are some demons that are apparently so powerful, they are forever restrained, chained in darkness.

From what Ive read demons, there are ranks...presidents, kings, earls, princes, etc, they each control a certain number of 'demon leagues', (made up of lesser demons I assume).

I just want to learn more about this, I want to know how people are able to make these pacts and what their lives are like after that.

Old 01-26-2021, 12:55 PM

794 posts, read 270,696 times
Quote:
There are different types of demons though, the spirits of the Nephilim are only one type, the angels that rebelled in heaven were the original demons, according to the bible, there are some demons that are apparently so powerful, they are forever restrained, chained in darkness.

From what Ive read demons, there are ranks...presidents, kings, earls, princes, etc, they each control a certain number of 'demon leagues', (made up of lesser demons I assume).

I just want to learn more about this, I want to know how people are able to make these pacts and what their lives are like after that.
Maybe you should concentrate on the guy who lives close to you with all the bigfoot and dogmen on his property. According to you he was on a very reputable podcast and the highly reputable podcaster was helping him with his problems.

You seem to have given up on that very easily for someone as dedicated to DM and BF as you post about being.

Old 01-26-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Maybe you should concentrate on the guy who lives close to you with all the bigfoot and dogmen on his property. According to you he was on a very reputable podcast and the highly reputable podcaster was helping him with his problems.

You seem to have given up on that very easily for someone as dedicated to DM and BF as you post about being.
I havent forgotten or given up on that location, I just want to try a different angle before revisiting his place, I basically want to find someone that is or has been involved in this kind of thing, (to find out if its a real thing or not)...

I would try it myself if I wasnt so scared of the consequences!

Old 01-26-2021, 01:26 PM

26,111 posts, read 19,231,227 times
Quote:

1 Enoch makes a distinction between the disobedient angels and demons.

Again according to 1 Enoch, the angels who rebelled in heaven mated with human females who gave birth to the Nephilim. When the Nephilim were killed their disembodied spirits became the demons.

But the angels who rebelled in Genesis 6:2-4 are currently imprisoned in Tartarus according to 2 Peter 2:4. And being imprisoned they could not be free to be these 'Dogmen.' Anyway, that's according to 1 Enoch and 2 Peter.

I don't know anything about people making pacts with Dogmen or whatever, so I can't comment on it.

Old 01-26-2021, 02:42 PM

19,164 posts, read 22,852,228 times
Quote:
Pacts with demons = the puritan-era definition of witchcraft.

That is pretty much exactly what the puritans and others accused witches of doing: Making pacts with devils. The actual evidence for it ever actually happening is fairly thin. There are records of people confessing to it. But under severe torture, most people will confess to hiding Elvis in a Twinkie.

What exactly happened? What motivated it? Historians are still debating that. There is definitely lots of interesting history on the subject. For the fourth of fifth time, I'm really recommending you read this book if you want some actual history on the subject: The Beast Within: A History of the Werewolf, by Adam Douglas.

Quote:
That is a vast over-simplification of a skinwalker. And not very accurate. Navajo skinwalkers entail all kinds of animals, not just wolves, and I have never read or heard of a single case of human/wolf hybrids. I think that's most likely the dogman crowd trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole.

Old 01-26-2021, 06:54 PM

4,517 posts, read 4,009,494 times
The Episode 2 of Paranormal Declassified is all about Skinwalkers and he(Paul Brenan - investagative journalist) goes hunting for them. He talks to various Native American indian shamans and elders and even to a Native American law enforcement officer who used to deal with the paranormal(skinwalkers) on the reservations. One of the shamans said that to become a skinwalker you had to do various things for the ritual to become one, one of which was eating human flesh while the heart was still beating.

I do not think it is a good thing to be, probably like selling your soul to the devil.

One woman shot a skinwalker wolf and it fell down not moving, dead. No bullet holes in the carcass and next day a young boy on the reservation was found dead in his bed. Maybe just coincidence...but?

Old 01-27-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Pacts with demons = the puritan-era definition of witchcraft.

That is pretty much exactly what the puritans and others accused witches of doing: Making pacts with devils. The actual evidence for it ever actually happening is fairly thin. There are records of people confessing to it. But under severe torture, most people will confess to hiding Elvis in a Twinkie.

What exactly happened? What motivated it? Historians are still debating that. There is definitely lots of interesting history on the subject. For the fourth of fifth time, I'm really recommending you read this book if you want some actual history on the subject: The Beast Within: A History of the Werewolf, by Adam Douglas.

That is a vast over-simplification of a skinwalker. And not very accurate. Navajo skinwalkers entail all kinds of animals, not just wolves, and I have never read or heard of a single case of human/wolf hybrids. I think that's most likely the dogman crowd trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole.
Well, I would not expect there to be much 'hard evidence' of this kind of thing left behind, (for people to study or analyze/document), it involves interaction with the supernatural realm...(not really a subject that scientists can do experiments with)...in order to experiment, they would have to be willing to engage on a personal level (and deal with any of the negative consequences), and there is no guarantee, everyones experience is going to be the same as the previous ones (too many unknown variables) and probably has a lot to do with what kind of person the individual is.

I actually did come across a couple very technical (older) scientific studies on whether it was possible for a human to 'metamorphose' into an animal form, (both were from the early 1800s) and seemed to consider religion as a major factor, so Im not sure how accurate they are, both did conclude it was NOT possible, but mainly due to animals not being created in Gods image.

Another possibility is demons can make it appear like someone has 'transformed', but technically, this would still be the ability to manipulate what other people see in the physical world, (that would be equally impressive imo).

You are right about Skinwalkers, they can supposedly take the form of any animal, but usually there is 'something off' about the creatures appearance, I have read accounts of skinwalkers taking on the form of something that resembles a 'dogman'...( a bipedal,with human body, and head of a canine)

Old 01-27-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The Episode 2 of Paranormal Declassified is all about Skinwalkers and he(Paul Brenan - investagative journalist) goes hunting for them. He talks to various Native American indian shamans and elders and even to a Native American law enforcement officer who used to deal with the paranormal(skinwalkers) on the reservations. One of the shamans said that to become a skinwalker you had to do various things for the ritual to become one, one of which was eating human flesh while the heart was still beating.

I do not think it is a good thing to be, probably like selling your soul to the devil.

One woman shot a skinwalker wolf and it fell down not moving, dead. No bullet holes in the carcass and next day a young boy on the reservation was found dead in his bed. Maybe just coincidence...but?
Ive read that in order to become a skinwalker, they have to commit to the 'darkside' for many years and also they must take the life of a relative! (someone would really have to be EVIL to do that!), but I imagine there are many people out there that would have no problem with it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal