Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2021, 07:30 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,789 times

Advertisements

Psychics .... what is your opinion of the direction of the housing market in the 2nd half of 2021?

Would you buy now, even with high prices and extremely limited inventory, because inventory is likely to decrease, OR do you see increased inventory later in the year?

Please share what you are picking up on that influences your opinion. Is it psychic perception or based on what you've read in the mainstream media?

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 01-24-2021 at 07:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 08:27 AM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Psychics .... what is your opinion of the direction of the housing market in the 2nd half of 2021?

Would you buy now, even with high prices and extremely limited inventory, because inventory is likely to decrease, OR do you see increased inventory later in the year?

Please share what you are picking up on that influences your opinion. Is it psychic perception or based on what you've read in the mainstream media?

If you find one that actually predicted all the stuff that went down in 2020 I would listen to them in 2021. From everything I have read no psychic got 2020 right which to me pretty much proves there are no legit psychics. Anyone can throw a bunch of vague predictions against the wall and a few will stick.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:50 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,866,775 times
OK, then my vague predictions are these.

More people are going to have difficulty paying their mortgages as the unemployment numbers rise which means banks will have to foreclose.If folks are going out onto the street and start looting, then it should be nearer the end of the year if at all.

More people are 'locked up' together, which as we know from holiday periods, is not good for relationships. Most people only see each other at nights and weekends, so working from home is going to place extra strain on relationships. This means a rise in divorces and splitting of assets, selling houses, etc.

So, I would wait until at least the middle 6 months of this year before looking around for property- probably more likely middle-end. I dont think this pandemic will end any time soon, so we are looking near the end of this year before we get some idea how the world has changed(more control,etc), plus the new president is going to introduce some new financial packages to help people and they will take time(6 months-12months?) to start to work through the economy. The squeeze on banks and large companies will take a while to cut in as they use up their resources to keep trading.

Actually, I have no idea.

Old 01-25-2021, 10:59 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,129,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

More people are going to have difficulty paying their mortgages as the unemployment numbers rise which means banks will have to foreclose.If folks are going out onto the street and start looting, then it should be nearer the end of the year if at all.

More people are 'locked up' together, which as we know from holiday periods, is not good for relationships. Most people only see each other at nights and weekends, so working from home is going to place extra strain on relationships. This means a rise in divorces and splitting of assets, selling houses, etc.

So, I would wait until at least the middle 6 months of this year before looking around for property- probably more likely middle-end. I dont think this pandemic will end any time soon, so we are looking near the end of this year before we get some idea how the world has changed(more control,etc), plus the new president is going to introduce some new financial packages to help people and they will take time(6 months-12months?) to start to work through the economy. The squeeze on banks and large companies will take a while to cut in as they use up their resources to keep trading.

I think you have the best idea and most realistic outlook on this. A situation this big will have lasting effects. There is just no other option. Some people may have pie in the sky outlooks that everything will be great this year. It wont be. The hole is too deep.

Old 01-26-2021, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Honesty has become such a rare quality!

Old 01-26-2021, 06:52 AM

2,451 posts, read 1,678,938 times
I was hoping the housing market would have taken a hit from Covid. I am looking to buy a house on the Oregon coast. The opposite happened, prices have gone through the roof for the last year. With all the cash the government has been throwing at people housing it up and anything to do with hobbies also gone crazy high in prices. I collect baseball cards and as an example I bought a vintage Ty Cobb for $1450 at the beginning of the Covid breakout. The prices went so crazy I sold it a few months later for $1950. I thought that was a great profit. Now that same card would cost over $3000 to buy with the crazy high markets.

Old 01-26-2021, 06:59 AM

I made out OK as a seller. Back in October, after closing costs, I made a 10% profit on a condo I owned for just 16 months.

That might look good on paper, but the reality is that even with the profit I made, I've been unable to replace it with an equal value. The limited crap on the market in the price range of my sale is utterly unappealing. I'd have been better off NOT selling the condo I had!

Old 01-26-2021, 09:30 AM

13,623 posts, read 10,024,461 times
The prices won't go down, I think, so if you've got loads of spare cash, and are definitely not going to be put in a bad economic position by buying, then you can buy.

Old 01-30-2021, 01:35 PM

332 posts, read 219,988 times
Expensive Housing is here to stay. Lumber prices already doubled in the last few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal