Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 02:20 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Simple...Govt trying to cover up the incident, (have you not been reading my posts?) Whats the point of 'covering up' extreme weather?

yes, Im fully aware of US/Russia relations (at the time of this and currently), the 2 countries hide things from one another in an attempt to gain the upper hand...I have to ask again...why would extreme weather warrant a 'cover up' attempt? There is nothing to loose or gain for either country trying to hide weather. LOL
The government back then tried to cover up everything. Vasily has a great post on covering up on this subject. I would give him another rep if I could at this time. It was not only what they covered up, but also what was manufactured for our entertainment at that time. Both us and the Russians were big into disinformation, they might have started it, but we also got involved. We did not want them to know we had a U2 aircraft taking pictures of their secure locations and they did not want us to know what their fishing trawlers overhead or the spies that were providing them with information about our atomic weapons. It was all one big, serious, game to the superpowers and a lot was at stake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 03:48 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The government back then tried to cover up everything.
You are walking in circles.
The Soviet government would have been happy to write off everything on avalanche and be done with it. ( In fact originally the FIRST investigator assigned to the case was trying to pull something like this.)
Another thing - the authorities were trying to burry the students in closed caskets in Ivdel ( the closest town to the area.)
But the parents of those deceased students demanded to bring them back to Sverdlovsk and kept on demanding thorough investigation.
Some of them were well-educated people and they figured out that something awry took place.
So did a lot of other people involved.
And that's why the authorities were forced to close the investigation, to classify the files, and to seal the area off.
Precisely because the "avalanche" ( or any other trivial explanation) didn't work in this case.

Quote:
Vasily has a great post on covering up on this subject. I would give him another rep if I could at this time. It was not only what they covered up, but also what was manufactured for our entertainment at that time. Both us and the Russians were big into disinformation, they might have started it, but we also got involved. We did not want them to know we had a U2 aircraft taking pictures of their secure locations and they did not want us to know what their fishing trawlers overhead or the spies that were providing them with information about our atomic weapons. It was all one big, serious, game to the superpowers and a lot was at stake.
The "UFO entertainment" was never coming out of Russia back in those days ( not until the late eighties- nineties.)
It was all about nuclear weapons/arms race - that kind of secrecy.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You are walking in circles.
The Soviet government would have been happy to write off everything on avalanche and be done with it. ( In fact originally the FIRST investigator assigned to the case was trying to pull something like this.)
Another thing - the authorities were trying to burry the students in closed caskets in Ivdel ( the closest town to the area.)
But the parents of those deceased students demanded to bring them back to Sverdlovsk and kept on demanding thorough investigation.
Some of them were well-educated people and they figured out that something awry took place.
So did a lot of other people involved.
And that's why the authorities were forced to close the investigation, to classify the files, and to seal the area off.
Precisely because the "avalanche" ( or any other trivial explanation) didn't work in this case.
The "UFO entertainment" was never coming out of Russia back in those days ( not until the late eighties- nineties.)
It was all about nuclear weapons/arms race - that kind of secrecy.
You tell us what happened since you know everything about this mystery. Make sure you produce the proof to back up your claims. I have not seen any proof so far and I don't believe all your misdirection about how the Soviets, at the height of the cold war, only reported the facts!

Old 03-03-2021, 11:48 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
You tell us what happened since you know everything about this mystery.

I don't know "everything," I am only sharing the details that I do know.

Quote:
Make sure you produce the proof to back up your claims.
I do it as much as I can, which so far ( I think) disproved the "avalanche" version at least.

Quote:
I have not seen any proof so far
And you probably never will.
Just because.

Quote:
I don't believe all your misdirection about how the Soviets, at the height of the cold war, only reported the facts!
This has nothing to do with the "cold war," because, as I've said, it was strictly internal affair, and the Soviet authorities couldn't report any "facts," since they didn't know exactly what happened there themselves.

This would be my conclusion.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
The government back then tried to cover up everything. Vasily has a great post on covering up on this subject. I would give him another rep if I could at this time. It was not only what they covered up, but also what was manufactured for our entertainment at that time. Both us and the Russians were big into disinformation, they might have started it, but we also got involved. We did not want them to know we had a U2 aircraft taking pictures of their secure locations and they did not want us to know what their fishing trawlers overhead or the spies that were providing them with information about our atomic weapons. It was all one big, serious, game to the superpowers and a lot was at stake.
Yep, Im aware of all those things that went on during the cold war...like I said, America and Russia were both out to get the upper hand, (at just about everything!)

Well, at least we can rule out a Dogman being involved... since no anuses were missing!!! LOL

Old 03-04-2021, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Yep, Im aware of all those things that went on during the cold war...like I said, America and Russia were both out to get the upper hand, (at just about everything!)

Well, at least we can rule out a Dogman being involved... since no anuses were missing!!! LOL
Yes, it is a good thing they all had their anuses still!

PS erasure that period was the height of the cold war and the Russians had used disinformation since the
1920s: https://www.thoughtco.com/disinforma...nition-4587093. America was quick to catch on.
Both sides wanted to control not only their own people, but also the way we were perceived in the world.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:13 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Biting my tongue ... don't go there ...

Old 03-04-2021, 11:53 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Apparently, there’s a video game inspired by the event.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kholat_(video_game)

Old 03-05-2021, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Apparently, there’s a video game inspired by the event.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kholat_(video_game)
We can also buy the game Big Foot or watch the Netflix move: The Big Foot Family. The game is hard to survive and the movie, while cute, is just another political statement against fossil fuel.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
We can also buy the game Big Foot or watch the Netflix move: The Big Foot Family. The game is hard to survive and the movie, while cute, is just another political statement against fossil fuel.
Another good BF movie is Willow Ridge. Its about a young couple that travels to the P&G film site to see it for themselves, before long they start to hear strange things...and not to spoil the ending details, it doesnt end well for the couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal