Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 06:07 AM

17,339 posts, read 11,266,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes the so-called "Perm Anomalous Zone" ( or "M-zone") is basically the "Area 51" of Russia. ( And the place where those students were, is part of that zone as it turned out.)

"By far one of the most well-known of the many phenomena of the Perm Anomalous Zone is the unusually high concentration of UFO sightings here, and indeed it is considered by many to be one of the biggest UFO hotspots in the country. One of the most famous UFO related incidents in the region supposedly happened in 1983, when Russian UFOlogist Emil Bachurin claimed to have seen a purple ball of light rise out of the thick forest to leave behind a patch of melted snow and ice measuring 206 feet across. Bachurin would also claim that he and his expedition had been chased by orbs of light through the trees that had burnt them with some sort of rays, with one of the team even completely knocked unconscious by one of the lights.
Even more intriguing still is a case from 2005, when an expedition of UFOlogists from Yekaterinburg were in the zone and purportedly spotted a giant glowing ball above the trees. One of the expedition members would mysteriously go missing the following morning, and rather chillingly a picture purportedly snapped of the UFO allegedly shows a beam of light extending from the object to the missing man."

https://www.disclosure.pw/2019/06/26...lds-of-russia/

But these are already the 80ies and 200ies, when people became more familiar with the concept of the "paranormal."
Back in 1959 it was a different story of course.

I can only imagine the anguish of the hikers if that's what they encountered.

I don't think they were just "scaring them to death." Judging by the description, they meant to destroy them and they did.

Now WHY it happened - I can't tell for sure. ( May be the hikers witnessed something they were not supposed to, while being in the wrong place at the wrong time?)

Or may be it's like when some yellow jacket zeros down on you, and you can't understand why - you have no ice-cream in your hand, no any sugary drink, and yet..
But THEY know why.
Thank you for your very interesting and informative contribution to this thread. If I'm not mistaken, you are Russian or of Russian ancestry which to me makes your comments even more valuable. I've been very interested in this topic for many years, since I first heard of this doomed camping expedition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 06:17 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Thank you for your very interesting and informative contribution to this thread. If I'm not mistaken, you are Russian or of Russian ancestry which to me makes your comments even more valuable. I've been very interested in this topic for many years, since I first heard of this doomed camping expedition.

You are more than welcome, because I keep on returning to this case as the most significant in the UFO research, since too many people were involved in it ( search teams, military, government, plus public crowded funerals,) to be quickly dismissed and forgotten, plus there is something terrifying and mystifying about it simultaneously.

A Brit friend asked me about it many years ago, and since I've never heard of it, I did a quick search and got straight to the original files. ( They were available back then on the internet, now they are nowhere to be found - I can only see bits and pieces of them here and there, on different forums in particular.)

I was stunned (to put it mildly) after everything I saw/read.

Before that I was skeptical regarding the whole "UFO phenomena."

The first incident that convinced me that this was serious, was the event in the Rendlesham forest - a LOT of material was available back then too, and after going through it, I totally agreed with what some big wig in British military said ( Lord such and such,) that "Something extraordinary indeed took place at the Woodbridge RAF, or all people there of the higher rank including were hallucinating, which is very dangerous for the military base." Or something like that.
The first similarity I immediately noticed reading about Dyatlov's Pass, were those "slightly burned tree branches" and some kind of "lights" of course, but this was less important.

The "burned branches" were unmistakable clue for me personally in Dyatlov's case, after the "Rendlesham forest incident."
Of course people still pursue different versions when it comes to hikers case ("avalanche" including,) but I stick to what the main investigator of this case pointed at, on the basis of everything he observed/heard/analyzed - it was the case of UFOs.

"Lev Ivanov, a man who was in charge of the investigation at the Dyatlov Pass, lived a long life. In the early 1990s in an interview to a local journalist he made a statement that during his investigation he and E.P. Maslenikov both noticed that the pines in the forest were burned at the top. He also claims that A.P. Kirilenko, member of the Soviet Congress, along with his advisor A.F. Ashtokin forced Ivanov to take out any reference to the unknown flying objects or other strange phenomena. This included pictures of flying spheres drawn by the Mansi hunters and other testimonies. It is true that Soviet Union experienced a boom of interest on everything unknown. Skeptics might also add that Ivanov gave this interview to make some money. However, we have to mention that Kirilenko became obsessed UFOs. Starting in the early 60s he filed several requests to gain access to the KGB archives. We don't know what was found in the documents, but it is undeniably strange that a political figure in USSR paid such interest in this subject. UFOs were not investigated by the official science as it was deemed a pseudo-scientific or religious phenomenon. Atheist Soviet Union obviously prohibited any interest in the subject, especially among members of the highest legislative body in the country.
Surprisingly, one of the most extraordinary and astonishing versions came from none other than Lev Ivanov himself. In 1990, the retired Prosecutor published an article, “The Enigma of the Fireballs”, where he admitted that in spring of 1959, under the pressure of A. P. Kirilenko, and of his deputy, A. F. Yeshtokin, he withdrew various key materials from the case that indicated the true cause of the accident: “fireballs” or a UFO*.
“When E. P. Maslennikov and I examined the scene in May, we found that some young pine trees at the edge of the forest had burn marks, but those marks did not have a concentric form or some other pattern. There was no epicenter. This once again confirmed that heated beams of a strong, but completely unknown, at least to us, energy, were directing their firepower toward specific objects (in this case, people), acting selectively.”
It is worth noting that later on, Kirilenko professed a lively interest in the UFOs, and received memos about sightings of unidentified objects from the Chairman of the KGB, Andropov."

https://dyatlovpass.com/theories

P.S. Yes Russian language is my native, and although I don't use it in my daily life, I can search up a storm when I need to.
At that, I can screen fast who is "talking," what kind of publication it is, and how much value the info has.

I found particularly valuable the opinions of people that live in those regions or who are well familiar with camping/hiking there.

For example initially I was creeped out by the description of the cut pieces of clothing taken from the deceased ( who and why would do that,) but nope, as the experienced hikers explained - the cut pants and sweater sleeves "are valuable, as they can be turned into hats and hand warmers."
(Now why the last four students never got to use them - that's already a different question.)
Yet another thing that keeps me going back to it over and over again - it's the deadly injuries of the last three hikers, because they were so distinct and unusual, (like nothing that's known to us in medical field so far.)

The first five hikers - you can argue about certain clues here and there, but the last three ( according to the original autopsy report from 1959) - it's something unheard of indeed.

I'll try to get to it, even though it might be too complex because of technical ( or rather medical) terms.

But I'll give it a try.

Old 02-09-2021, 07:33 PM

20,025 posts, read 20,831,761 times
So they probably heard the rumble of an avalanche and panicked.
It may or may not have been headed directly towards their camp, but they had an “oh poop” moment of panic, ran out into the darkness, in the frigid cold, and deep snow.
Extremely easy to become disoriented. Not easy to follow your tracks back in the darkness because of the winds and fresh snow. It’s the most logical explanation.
I’ve read probably every book on the incident, viewed numerous documents, and watched quite a few documentaries, some of which were the most outrageous and far fetched nonsense I’ve ever seen. I am no expert by any means, but from all the various info I’ve gathered, the avalanche and panic scenario makes the most sense.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:20 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
So they probably heard the rumble of an avalanche and panicked.
It may or may not have been headed directly towards their camp, but they had an “oh poop” moment of panic, ran out into the darkness, in the frigid cold, and deep snow.
Extremely easy to become disoriented. Not easy to follow your tracks back in the darkness because of the winds and fresh snow. It’s the most logical explanation.
I’ve read probably every book on the incident, viewed numerous documents, and watched quite a few documentaries, some of which were the most outrageous and far fetched nonsense I’ve ever seen. I am no expert by any means, but from all the various info I’ve gathered, the avalanche and panic scenario makes the most sense.
Too many other strange variables to conclude this was a simple natural disaster imo...

Most important one...Govts do not attempt to cover up natural disasters.

Old 02-10-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Too many other strange variables to conclude this was a simple natural disaster imo...

Most important one...Govts do not attempt to cover up natural disasters.
Russians were Uber sneaky back then. They’d cover up an old lady farting in the supermarket.

All of the oddball stuff has been debunked. Multiple times by multiple sources, government and independent.
The missing tongue, the broken bones, whatever, etc...
It’s all been covered, rationally and scientifically explained.

BTW...coincidentally, there is a report floating around now that another group of hikers is missing in the same area.

Old 02-10-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Russians were Uber sneaky back then. They’d cover up an old lady farting in the supermarket.

All of the oddball stuff has been debunked. Multiple times by multiple sources, government and independent.
The missing tongue, the broken bones, whatever, etc...
It’s all been covered, rationally and scientifically explained.

BTW...coincidentally, there is a report floating around now that another group of hikers is missing in the same area.

Nothing was ever "debunked."
What was done over and over again - substitution of the original findings (that were inconvenient for the "scientific explanations") with something more palatable for the "scientific community."
And no, as "uber sneaky" as Russians were back in those times, it made no sense whatsoever for the government to classify something as simple and unfortunate as avalanche in the area.

But then, again, for people like you, the whole UFO phenomena is probably non-existent all together, because it doesn't fit into "scientific explanations."
So as in case of Dyatlow Pass incident, it's all has been "debunked" and all "non-existent," until someone in Pentagon acknowledged ( finally) that it's all very much "existent" and it's all serious indeed.

Old 02-10-2021, 04:07 PM

Whatever. Believe what you want. It’s all good.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Whatever. Believe what you want. It’s all good.

Thank you.

I don't arrive to my conclusions for the heck of it; I take a lot of things in consideration.

For example something like when the first search team arrived, everything they saw in the tent (cups, plates - all in place, all in tact,) made them believe that the students were actually still somewhere around and well.

So they drunk that alcohol from the flask that was still sitting in the tent (along with food) for hikers "health and quick rescue."

And only the local hunter who joined the search team, said that they were basically drinking in the memory of the already dead people.

None of them however thought of any "avalanche," as experienced as they were.

Not because they were stupid, but because it was obvious to them ( judging by what they saw in front of them,) that nothing was indicating the "avalanche" that took place earlier.

But there are people out there that prefer to believe in the "avalanche" version, so they simply dismiss this initial witnessing, because they are either not aware of it, or it's inconvenient for their narrative.

And that's how it goes with the rest of the theories and "debunking."

People choose a certain version, ( that "makes sense scientifically,") and then they start fudging the rest of facts/findings, in order to fit into their preferred theory. Because without the dismissal of certain findings/details, their chosen theory simply doesn't work.

The investigator ( that took over the case,) who was intelligent, educated and perceptive person, figured out soon enough, that what he saw ( on the basis of witnessing and his own observations,) didn't fit in any "scientifically sound theory," or in fact any theory at all.

Too many things were not making sense; they were not adding up. And that's why he had to arrive to conclusion that something extraordinary/supernatural took place.

Overall I have to say that all the latest materials about this expedition from the last couple of years is nothing but commercial junk.

In order to find anything of value ( i.e referrals to the original files,) you have to back to the links from 2012 or so.

At least I found couple of sites that have autopsies/witnesses statements/signed affidavits there.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:10 PM

Been a while since I was really on top of the case, but I did have a bunch of books on my old kindle. A few really ran with the paranormal/supernatural/conspiracy scenarios.
And a few also really delved into the scientific/forensic detective aspect.
I will say they were all very compelling good reads.
With each book I would really go “hmm” with the conclusion, until the next one when I would go “hmm” to another different conclusion. IDK.
If I still had that Kindle I would probably read them again, but it went to cyber heaven.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:20 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,938,702 times
Quote:
Not just the Russians. Those who have had a secret or top secret security here in the U.S. know that (1) a lot of stuff is classified to cover someone's (or some agency's) rear end; and (2) a good number of highly classified documents leave the reader scratching his head wondering what the hell was the point of classifying this piece of nothing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal