Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 02:48 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times

Advertisements

Regardless of speculation, I do not see anything about this event that points to the paranormal. The new avalanche speculation can fill in the reason why people would run in the snow. There are several birds indigenous to the area that could explain the damage to the soft tissue, such as the 'carrion crow' or any of the other crows in that area.

This 'event' happened 61 years ago. We did not have the same investigative tools we have today. We also do not 'think' the same way as we thought that many years ago. Attitudes have changed and what was acceptable then, is not acceptable now or the other way around. That also affected the investigator's perception of the facts they were faced with.

Many people have died in cold weather and in the snow over the years. Scavengers take advantage of those they can scavenge from. We do not need UFO's or BF to explain these deaths. Right now, because of the depth of the snow coverage in my area, we are hearing isolated reports of people dying from exposure in the snow. Many of our hardy local wildlife, like our deer, will die of starvation, exhaustion, and hypothermia during events like this one. Some of those carcasses will show the signs of scavengers when found in the Spring. Scavengers will also die without a meal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 08:53 AM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Regardless of speculation, I do not see anything about this event that points to the paranormal. The new avalanche speculation can fill in the reason why people would run in the snow. There are several birds indigenous to the area that could explain the damage to the soft tissue, such as the 'carrion crow' or any of the other crows in that area.

This 'event' happened 61 years ago. We did not have the same investigative tools we have today. We also do not 'think' the same way as we thought that many years ago. Attitudes have changed and what was acceptable then, is not acceptable now or the other way around. That also affected the investigator's perception of the facts they were faced with.

Many people have died in cold weather and in the snow over the years. Scavengers take advantage of those they can scavenge from. We do not need UFO's or BF to explain these deaths. Right now, because of the depth of the snow coverage in my area, we are hearing isolated reports of people dying from exposure in the snow. Many of our hardy local wildlife, like our deer, will die of starvation, exhaustion, and hypothermia during events like this one. Some of those carcasses will show the signs of scavengers when found in the Spring. Scavengers will also die without a meal.

Obviously 61 years ago we didn't have the same "investigative tools" to identify "several birds indigenous to the area")))
Those two investigative teams were roaming there in haze and daze, knowing not what they were doing, but today - oh miracle, we can identify those birds at last.

The ones, that broke all those ribs and cracked the sculls of the hikers, not to mention removed their tongue and the eyeballs in precise manner.
Amazing scientific breakthrough I'm telling you, simply amazing)))

Old 02-18-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Obviously 61 years ago we didn't have the same "investigative tools" to identify "several birds indigenous to the area")))
Those two investigative teams were roaming there in haze and daze, knowing not what they were doing, but today - oh miracle, we can identify those birds at last.

The ones, that broke all those ribs and cracked the sculls of the hikers, not to mention removed their tongue and the eyeballs in precise manner.
Amazing scientific breakthrough I'm telling you, simply amazing)))
Skulls could be cracked by an avalanche and birds will go for the soft tissue first. Insects will to, but it was too cold for the insects. Natural is normal, we have no evidence to prove anything else.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Skulls could be cracked by an avalanche and birds will go for the soft tissue first. Insects will to, but it was too cold for the insects. Natural is normal, we have no evidence to prove anything else.

Where?

In the forest?

How did they make it to the forest with the cracked sculls/broken ribs? ( 40 minutes walk from the tent.)
Please do tell me, I am all ears.

Old 02-18-2021, 01:25 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
If it was some 'natural' disaster or calamity...why then, would the Govt attempt to cover up the incident like they did?

Old 02-18-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Where?

In the forest?

How did they make it to the forest with the cracked sculls/broken ribs? ( 40 minutes walk from the tent.)
Please do tell me, I am all ears.
I have a broken rib! I went to work two days before the pain got too great!

People die in our woods all the time. We had a nun that left her home and they found her dead in the snow just the other day.

Have you ever been in -20 and colder temperatures? At zero degrees Fahrenheit, if you have a mustache, your breath starts to on your mustache. At -15 everything starts to run, eyes tear and nose runs, and then it freezes. If you get a good wind in your face at that -15+, it hurts to breathe. You walk backwards and if you are not properly clothed you will get frostbite real quick.

I am sure this group was 'used to' those temperature, if one can get used to them. But if something made them run, like an avalanche and they were not prepared for the cold, then all bets would be off!

It is almost impossible to know everything that happened. But one must always rule out the known before they start looking UFOs and BF.

PS As far as covering up you would have to look for reasons and it has been too long to know all of them.

Old 02-18-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I have a broken rib! I went to work two days before the pain got too great!

People die in our woods all the time. We had a nun that left her home and they found her dead in the snow just the other day.

Have you ever been in -20 and colder temperatures? At zero degrees Fahrenheit, if you have a mustache, your breath starts to on your mustache. At -15 everything starts to run, eyes tear and nose runs, and then it freezes. If you get a good wind in your face at that -15+, it hurts to breathe. You walk backwards and if you are not properly clothed you will get frostbite real quick.

I am sure this group was 'used to' those temperature, if one can get used to them. But if something made them run, like an avalanche and they were not prepared for the cold, then all bets would be off!

It is almost impossible to know everything that happened. But one must always rule out the known before they start looking UFOs and BF.

PS As far as covering up you would have to look for reasons and it has been too long to know all of them.

OK, let's try one more time;

So in the wee hours the hikers hear the roar of the approaching avalanche, and jump out from their tent in panic, half-dressed.

Then they brace themselves somehow, get together as one group and walk down the valley ( the search team could easily identify their tracks.)
The distant avalanche keeps on roaring.

Then they walk 1,500 meters or so ( about 40 minutes) to the nearest forest, accompanied by the same humming of the approaching avalanche.

Then they start the fire, cut the trees, climb on the cedar tree ( all these activities are identified and recorded by the investigation.) The approaching avalanche keeps on roaring.

Then they build the flooring from the cut trees and branches, move it to the nearest ravine ( about 75 meters from the cedar tree,) all while lullabied by the sound of approaching avalanche.

And only after they are done with all that, that very avalanche (that scared them out of their tent in the first place few hours earlier,) finally catches up with them.

It mightily rolls through the forest, over the flat plateau, covers them like tsunami, leaving their lungs full of blood, mashing their ribs, cracking their sculls and removing their eyes.

That's one hell of an avalanche if you ask me.

Totally worth waiting for, from the moment it wakes you up in the wee hours, till the time it colors your clothes in some purple hues.

So thank you Fisheye for your thoughtful input.

The fact that you could work two days with a broken rib, proves right there that miracles are possible.

Last edited by erasure; 02-18-2021 at 04:03 PM..

Old 02-18-2021, 04:28 PM

None of us were there and BF and Mr. UFO were not there either. I have worked outside in temperatures similar to what they were facing. I know that things can go wrong. 53 years later you want to run quarterback, Your speculations are not any better off than mine. Until you can prove the paranormal or giant creatures exist, I will go with the familiar.

Old 02-20-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
None of us were there and BF and Mr. UFO were not there either. I have worked outside in temperatures similar to what they were facing. I know that things can go wrong. 53 years later you want to run quarterback, Your speculations are not any better off than mine.

In fact my reasoning is better, much-much better than yours.

I bring forth the facts, the autopsies, the investigation findings, and even pictures.
You?
Not so much much, other than your "broken rib."

( And we supposed to believe it?)

Proofs please - X-rays, doctor's statement and all. )

Quote:
Until you can prove the paranormal or giant creatures exist, I will go with the familiar.

That's not my job to prove you that the paranormal exists ( why should I bother?)

It will be THEIR job, and I think that they will do it just fine.

Old 02-20-2021, 11:52 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times
I still subscribe to the infrasound theory. Avalanche theory BS in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal