Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 10:56 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,247,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
I briefly watched a show on Travel Channel called "Ghost Brothers." They were checking out a haunted house and one of the guys pulls out his phone to access his "EVP app." I groaned and said, "REALLY?" There's an app for that as well?? Needless to say, I didn't watch the show for very long....

--
I’ve said this in the past. Out of all the paranormal stuff out there, to my mind, ghosts are the things that really could be. I still don’t think they are, but that’s my reasoning that I love to watch the ghost shows. I have two favorites — the Dead Files because of the research, and I really love the Holzer Files. I think the main guy on the Holzer Files is cute, I’m allowed to think that and I like how they are going back and looking at old cases Hans Holzer thoroughly documented and trying to find more evidence.

Maybe I like for the ones with files in it because I have this passion for paperwork.

That being said, I am almost 100% positive that one year for the Ghost Adventures Halloween show which was always like three or four hours long, the Travel Channel actually put out an app that would let you hear the ghosts, too. I don’t know whether or not it was something that interacted with that episode or if it was something that was ongoing, if appeared as if it was, but it was several years ago at the time I don’t think I have a smart phone. So that’s been a long time.

EVPs I can’t say one way or the other. I can’t judge. I have a 20% hearing loss in one ear and about 10% of the other. I can’t tell where sounds are coming from anymore, and often times I have issues with other people speaking in loud areas. I really need to look at your face and concentrate on what you’re saying to catch it. Made life with my late husband quite fun because he had Bell’s palsy and developed a habit of covering his mouth as he spoke, by clasping his hands together, resting his elbows on the table, and planting his clasped hands in front of his face.

So pretty much anything you do unless it is absolutely 100% clear as a bell and I have yet to hear any of that on these TV shows — it all sounds like tape hiss, I do not have the ability to hear that. When the person on tv translates it, it becomes clear, but in my mind that is pareidolia. Now that you have said it, it’s clear as a bell.

Once again, I’m not saying it doesn’t happen? I’m doubting my ability to know when it happens.

Old 03-05-2021, 01:21 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I’ve said this in the past. Out of all the paranormal stuff out there, to my mind, ghosts are the things that really could be. I still don’t think they are, but that’s my reasoning that I love to watch the ghost shows. I have two favorites — the Dead Files because of the research, and I really love the Holzer Files. I think the main guy on the Holzer Files is cute, I’m allowed to think that and I like how they are going back and looking at old cases Hans Holzer thoroughly documented and trying to find more evidence.

Maybe I like for the ones with files in it because I have this passion for paperwork.

That being said, I am almost 100% positive that one year for the Ghost Adventures Halloween show which was always like three or four hours long, the Travel Channel actually put out an app that would let you hear the ghosts, too. I don’t know whether or not it was something that interacted with that episode or if it was something that was ongoing, if appeared as if it was, but it was several years ago at the time I don’t think I have a smart phone. So that’s been a long time.

EVPs I can’t say one way or the other. I can’t judge. I have a 20% hearing loss in one ear and about 10% of the other. I can’t tell where sounds are coming from anymore, and often times I have issues with other people speaking in loud areas. I really need to look at your face and concentrate on what you’re saying to catch it. Made life with my late husband quite fun because he had Bell’s palsy and developed a habit of covering his mouth as he spoke, by clasping his hands together, resting his elbows on the table, and planting his clasped hands in front of his face.

So pretty much anything you do unless it is absolutely 100% clear as a bell and I have yet to hear any of that on these TV shows — it all sounds like tape hiss, I do not have the ability to hear that. When the person on tv translates it, it becomes clear, but in my mind that is pareidolia. Now that you have said it, it’s clear as a bell.

Once again, I’m not saying it doesn’t happen? I’m doubting my ability to know when it happens.
I know for a FACT, that 'ghosts' do exist, I do not know what they are, but I do know they are real.

I do not believe they have any association with once living human beings though, but I can certainly understand why people would jump to that conclusion...I would almost go as far to speculate that ALL the 'weird stuff' (aliens, cryptids, ghosts, etc), are connected in some way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 11:17 AM

239 posts, read 134,032 times
Speaking of ghosts, "The Stone Tape" TV film is fictional but very intelligently scripted on many levels-

https://youtu.be/vtvJWKaDI9s

Plot: a high-tech electronic research group rents an old country house and soon discover it has a resident ghost, so they abandon their research and channel all their efforts into triggering/ capturing it, what could possibly go wrong?..
(the ghost puts in its first appearance at 13:37)

Old 03-18-2021, 05:54 AM

1,386 posts, read 998,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I know for a FACT, that 'ghosts' do exist, I do not know what they are, but I do know they are real.
You "know for a FACT" how?

Quote:
I do not believe they have any association with once living human beings though, but I can certainly understand why people would jump to that conclusion...I would almost go as far to speculate that ALL the 'weird stuff' (aliens, cryptids, ghosts, etc), are connected in some way.
If they aren't formerly people.....what the heck are they? And if we don't turn into ghosts, what happens to us when we die?

--

Old 03-19-2021, 01:37 AM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Quote:
You "know for a FACT" how?
If they aren't formerly people.....what the heck are they? And if we don't turn into ghosts, what happens to us when we die?
Bill, I have seen you ask this question a couple of times, so what 'evidence' would you like to see to convince you? Obviously the religious groups dont do it for you, and the paranormal groups dont do it for you, so what WOULD convince you of life after death? As far as I know, none of us should accept second hand evidence, just others saying they know, so all thats left is for each of us to investigate the various claims on our own. For most of us, that means trying each one to see if there is any truth in the claim that is shows us that place where / if there are spirits.

I have been through a few 'religions' including Spiritualism, but none really do it for me.
So, for me, the most convincing argument is when I twice found myself out-of-body when I was younger. This is the thing I am investigating at the moment - OBEs. Reading as many books on the subject as I can, the people who do this often, people such as Robert Monroe, Robert Bruce, Michael Newton, William Buhlman, all say they have encountered people without bodies at different places/levels/locations in the 'astral' (wherever it is we go when we are not in-body). Either they are all cheating off the same person and recounting one person's fantasy, or else they are all experiencing a similar thing. This leads me to believe there is some truth in what they report when these folk go out-of-body. This is why I am trying to do the same - to find out the truth for me before my final breath.

Old 03-19-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Bill, I have seen you ask this question a couple of times, so what 'evidence' would you like to see to convince you? Obviously the religious groups dont do it for you, and the paranormal groups dont do it for you, so what WOULD convince you of life after death? As far as I know, none of us should accept second hand evidence, just others saying they know, so all thats left is for each of us to investigate the various claims on our own. For most of us, that means trying each one to see if there is any truth in the claim that is shows us that place where / if there are spirits.
Paul, it's unlikely I would accept any "evidence" you or anybody else provided on this forum as proof of anything. I am, however, intensely curious about other people's experiences when it comes to the paranormal. I feel like most of the people on this forum are sincere in their beliefs. So, for the most part, if they say they believe "X" happened to them, I believe THEY BELIEVE it happened. And I want to hear about those experiences.

As I've said many times before, I'm not interested in poo-pooing other people's beliefs. If you follow my posts, you know I'm not one of the ones constantly asking for proof. I genuinely want to hear why rstevens62 "KNOWS" that ghosts exist. It's as simple as that. I am not here to impugn WHY rstevens62 believes as he does.

Quote:
I have been through a few 'religions' including Spiritualism, but none really do it for me.
So, for me, the most convincing argument is when I twice found myself out-of-body when I was younger. This is the thing I am investigating at the moment - OBEs. Reading as many books on the subject as I can, the people who do this often, people such as Robert Monroe, Robert Bruce, Michael Newton, William Buhlman, all say they have encountered people without bodies at different places/levels/locations in the 'astral' (wherever it is we go when we are not in-body). Either they are all cheating off the same person and recounting one person's fantasy, or else they are all experiencing a similar thing. This leads me to believe there is some truth in what they report when these folk go out-of-body. This is why I am trying to do the same - to find out the truth for me before my final breath.
I find OBEs to be fascinating. If I came to believe that somebody were actually able to travel outside of his/her body, that would represent "proof" to me that consciousness can exist after death. Which is, as I've said several times, what I'm most interested in.

What would represent "proof" to me that OBEs are real? If a person who claimed they were capable of an OBE were to sit next to me on a couch, and then astrally "travel" to the upstairs bedroom, past a closed door to see what playing card my friend was holding up, and then correctly identify that card, that would be "proof" enough for me that person was actually able to travel outside his body.

Until that happens, or until something similar happens under controlled circumstances (like in the Amazing Randi's lab), I will remain skeptical that people are able to travel outside their own bodies. Am I going to take some guy's word (who wrote a book) for it that he's capable of OBEs? No. I believe that the human brain/mind is capable of spectacular self deception. I believe that these people may actually BELIEVE they are traveling outside their bodies. Does that mean they are actually doing it? Nope.

--

Last edited by Bill790; 03-19-2021 at 08:41 AM..

Old 03-19-2021, 10:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Paul, it's unlikely I would accept any "evidence" you or anybody else provided on this forum as proof of anything. I am, however, intensely curious about other people's experiences when it comes to the paranormal. I feel like most of the people on this forum are sincere in their beliefs. So, for the most part, if they say they believe "X" happened to them, I believe THEY BELIEVE it happened. And I want to hear about those experiences.

As I've said many times before, I'm not interested in poo-pooing other people's beliefs. If you follow my posts, you know I'm not one of the ones constantly asking for proof. I genuinely want to hear why rstevens62 "KNOWS" that ghosts exist. It's as simple as that. I am not here to impugn WHY rstevens62 believes as he does.

I find OBEs to be fascinating. If I came to believe that somebody were actually able to travel outside of his/her body, that would represent "proof" to me that consciousness can exist after death. Which is, as I've said several times, what I'm most interested in.

What would represent "proof" to me that OBEs are real? If a person who claimed they were capable of an OBE were to sit next to me on a couch, and then astrally "travel" to the upstairs bedroom, past a closed door to see what playing card my friend was holding up, and then correctly identify that card, that would be "proof" enough for me that person was actually able to travel outside his body.

Until that happens, or until something similar happens under controlled circumstances (like in the Amazing Randi's lab), I will remain skeptical that people are able to travel outside their own bodies. Am I going to take some guy's word (who wrote a book) for it that he's capable of OBEs? No. I believe that the human brain/mind is capable of spectacular self deception. I believe that these people may actually BELIEVE they are traveling outside their bodies. Does that mean they are actually doing it? Nope.

--
Im almost positive similar experiments have been done in recent times.

Old 03-19-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im almost positive similar experiments have been done in recent times.
Okay, I'll be happy to read about it if you cite a reference.

And--you didn't explain: how do you KNOW that ghosts exist? That is, I'm not looking for you to prove anything. I want to hear your experiences. (If you've already discussed, maybe you could cite a URL from a previous thread.

--

Old 03-19-2021, 01:30 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,596,551 times
There `is a section of US 50 from about twenty miles east of Tonopah, Nevada extending perhaps fifty miles farther east. If you are sensitive you'll feel it there. Try it.

Old 03-19-2021, 07:25 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790

This is only what I have come to believe through reading different books on the subjects - OK, so it may not be correct and most probably is not according to science. Some of this will certainly sound like total woo or fantasy.

The problem with this is...it is such a huge subject and one discipline overflows into another, so without a better understanding of the way things are, it makes it difficult to study. For example, you have to have a concept of different realities all existing in the same place overlaying each other and running with different 'vibrations'. If you do not, then it is almost impossible to explain why what you see when you get upstairs (or out of body) into a different bedroom is different to what we, as 3 physical humans, are experiencing.

Science has determined that everything is energy vibrating at different rates, so what we see is the energy vibrating at the rates our eyes can 'see' (or sense). Other people and maybe other animals, can 'see' into a slightly different frequency band which allows them to see ghosts or entities existing in that frequency band. Sometimes, on the edge of sleep, we get to experience that different reality too. Since we are multidimensional beings, when you go out-of-body you use a different vehicle (body) to travel with in that reality. This other body receives and senses the 'vibrations' according to that reality which allows you to 'see' things there, just as our human body allows us to 'see' things here in this 3D world.

The difference is that the reality there may not have the same colours or items in the same place or the furnishings may be different, etc. Nevertheless, Russel Targ and Hal Puthoff did experiments at the Stanford Research Institute with Ingo Swann in the 60 's and 70's which led them to develop the Remote Viewing protocol which was used by the military for their Fort Mead RV program for nearly 25 years. Targ and Puthoff are credible scientists who have worked on secret projects for the government in the past. If you need scientific proof of this, then I suggest some research into this line of inquiry and both have written papers and books on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal