Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 10:21 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of animals which live in the forests and die in the forests. We cannot expect to find bones in amongst the leaves and other bits and pieces. If an animal is top of the food chain, then it kills other animals and does not often get killed itself for its bones to be left around. Smaller animals remove the bones and separate the body of something large which has died. Thats how nature works.

===========================
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There is what 7 billion people on the planet. Its possible a few hundred of them are simply mistaken yearly, a very small percentage. Plus the people lying and fabricating. Like what is said over and over if these people are right and they saw bigfoot how come we have yet to find conclusive evidence? Even when a person commits a horrible crime and is an ex cop or whoever, who knows how evidence works and how to hide it. Even they slip up and leave a clue behind sometimes, DNA or someone or a photo or video is made of them. Now you have bigfoot who knows nothing of our world and science and bigfoot outsmarts everyone. Or its just good luck that no evidence is left behind and it does not allow anyone to get a image of them? Or supernatural. Those are possibilities but not very likely.
We have human DNA pretty much identified now, so it is just a point of matching one DNA to another DNA in a database. We have many animal DNA too, but apparently we dont have Bigfoot DNA so collecting it from the forest is not going to give us much more than we have already from the other samples. CCTV video is often blurry and of poor quality, but the camera is always there and always recording. It does not have to be whipped out to catch a shoplifter in the act of taking something - which is what we are comparing to a sudden sighting of Bigfoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound
...But if its something out there in between the trees far away and does not look like anything I recognize but I cannot say what it is I will be like your dad. I guess a true believer would make the leap and say it might be Bigfoot. But it might be lots of things.
Well, that is not quite right is it? Because there are only a few things which could be that tall. Then we have the fact that it is walking on two legs which makes it an unlikely bear and a possible human in a camo suit. So "lots" of things can be dismissed as extremely unlikely and only a few things as possible or likely.

As far as paranormal goes, there have been a number of reports of the footprints going along and then just disappearing, stopping. So...where have they gone? Your explanation may be that the folks who reported these 'stories' must have been hoaxers. However, if they were not hoaxers, then where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 02:09 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times
For real or fake? This video looks for real,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YjUMOXcnCc

Old 02-19-2021, 02:29 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
For real or fake? This video looks for real,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YjUMOXcnCc
It's just another hoax. Take a good look at the feet as it turns to move away. You can clearly see the top of the boots.

It isn't only that, but this skit shows a hungry BF coming in for supposedly a bowl of cat food (that looks like cereal) and it doesn't eat anything that we can see. It even throws away the food after inspecting the camera. Of course that is saying that BF can see the infrared light from the camera and that it displeases it so much that the food isn't worth taking. If it could see the light would it throw away the food or simply just take the dish with it when it left?

Nice try, but they have to do better than that!

Old 02-19-2021, 04:10 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Only cold blooded animals can see infrared like some fish, insects, reptiles. If Bigfoot can see infrared, then he's not even a mammal.

Old 02-19-2021, 05:14 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Only cold blooded animals can see infrared like some fish, insects, reptiles. If Bigfoot can see infrared, then he's not even a mammal.
Maybe he lays eggs !

Visible light is a range and IR is also a range and not a single frequency. It is on the end of our red colour range so it is possible some creatures can see into the IR range. Most of the IR LEDs used in game cameras are the cheaper ones around 820nm. These LEDs are the ones you sometimes see glowing when attached to IR cameras, they glow because some of the light leaks into the red spectrum.

Quote:
IR & NIR LED

Infrared (IR) is invisible radiant energy, electromagnetic radiation with longer wavelengths than those of visible light, extending from the nominal red edge of the visible spectrum at ~700nm (frequency 430 THz) to 1mm (300 GHz) (although from test data some people can see infrared up to at least 1050nm) in λP wavelengths. Often times what we call Near IR is added to this range at the low end to encompass 665nm and upwards wavelengths. Much of the energy from the Sun arrives on Earth in the form of infrared radiation. Sunlight at zenith provides an irradiance of just over 1 kilowatt per square meter at sea level. Of this energy, 527 watts is infrared radiation, 445 watts is visible light, and 32 watts is ultraviolet radiation. IR radiation is often divided into three smaller regions: 0.750 – 3μm, 3 – 30μm, and 30 – 1000μm – defined as near-infrared (NIR), mid-wave infrared (MWIR), and far-infrared (FIR), respectively. The CIE IR band divisions include IR-A, -B and –C.
IR-A 700nm–1400nm (0-7μm – 1.4μm)
IR-B 1400nm–3000 nm (1.4μm – 3μm)
IR-C 3000nm–1mm (3μm – 1000μm)
Source

Old 02-19-2021, 05:51 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I don't know whether Bigfoot is real or not. But I do think we should have bones or a corpse by now.

That video is hilarious by the way! So obviously fake!

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-19-2021 at 05:59 AM..

Old 02-19-2021, 05:57 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't know whether Bigfoot is real or not. But I do think we should have bones or a corpse by now.
Take a good look at the feet at around the 2:55 mark in the video. The only way we will see the bones of this BF is before we burry him in a cemetery with the rest of all of us humans!

Old 02-19-2021, 06:01 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Take a good look at the feet at around the 2:55 mark in the video. The only way we will see the bones of this BF is before we burry him in a cemetery with the rest of all of us humans!
Right! Honestly, so ridiculous. I can't believe anyone took the time to dress up like this and video it. Oh wait, yes I can...

Sad.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:17 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Example...my dad does not believe Bigfoot/Dogman exists...if he went out into the deep forest and saw an animal in a strange position or in a weird light (making it look like something else), he WOULD NOT think it was some creature he doesnt believe in...(he would chaulk it up to being a known animal in a strange light or position!!!) and that would be the end of it.
The inverse of this explains the repeating sightings. There are plenty of people that believe Bigfoot exists. Those people are receptive, even hoping to encounter something resembling Bigfoot. Their belief fills in the blank and we have another sighting. Your dad's mind doesn't make the automatic leap that yours or someone else's might.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:36 AM

1,386 posts, read 998,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right! Honestly, so ridiculous. I can't believe anyone took the time to dress up like this and video it. Oh wait, yes I can...

Sad.
I think the video was done as a goof. I don't think it was intended to be taken seriously.

--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal