Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 10:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,454,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
And you can talk with the animals now? Just because a dog reacts differently to one sound compared to another sound does not mean BF. You will say anything to keep the subject going and you do not have one creature to examine!
This is precisely why multiple dogs/cats need to be exposed to these sounds...to see if they all react the same way upon hearing the 'supposed bigfoot/dogman howls'...

I have a feeling they would all respond the same exact way.

I cannot talk to animals, but being a life long dog owner, I can recognize when they hear something familiar to them, (like the sound of another dog, or even a wolf howling)...

If the supposed bigfoot howls were just normal dogs/wolves....dogs would not react the way my dog did, (they can recognize other canids, barking, growling, howling, etc). In fact, all the dogs I have owned, reacted in the same way, when they heard a dog/wolf on TV making noises, they get excited, start wagging their tails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2021, 03:29 AM

18,755 posts, read 17,999,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This is precisely why multiple dogs/cats need to be exposed to these sounds...to see if they all react the same way upon hearing the 'supposed bigfoot/dogman howls'...

I cannot talk to animals, but being a life long dog owner, I can recognize when they hear something familiar to them, (like the sound of another dog, or even a wolf howling)...

If the supposed bigfoot howls were just normal dogs/wolves....dogs would not react the way my dog did, (they can recognize other canids, barking, growling, howling, etc). In fact, all the dogs I have owned, reacted in the same way, when they heard a dog/wolf on TV making noises, they get excited, start wagging their tails.
I had dogs when I was younger. I had one great hunting dog. All I had to do was look at the gun cabinet and she would start barking and wagging her tail to go.

My problem with your claims that dogs know the difference is that you have no proven BF or Dogman sounds. How can you prove that dogs react differently to these sounds if you cannot prove they were made by either beast?

You have that one team that claim they recorded the sounds while only being feet away from the creatures. But they never looked out of their blind to see what they were recording or did they attempt to take any pictures. They supposedly spent months in the field and their stories did not add up.

Scientifically you cannot prove fact if you cannot validate the evidence!

Old 02-21-2021, 04:50 AM

19,607 posts, read 20,070,900 times
Quote:

I played some guinea pig videos for my little dog once and he was really creeped out, lol he got up and left

Old 02-21-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I had dogs when I was younger. I had one great hunting dog. All I had to do was look at the gun cabinet and she would start barking and wagging her tail to go.

My problem with your claims that dogs know the difference is that you have no proven BF or Dogman sounds. How can you prove that dogs react differently to these sounds if you cannot prove they were made by either beast?

You have that one team that claim they recorded the sounds while only being feet away from the creatures. But they never looked out of their blind to see what they were recording or did they attempt to take any pictures. They supposedly spent months in the field and their stories did not add up.

Scientifically you cannot prove fact if you cannot validate the evidence!
You are right...Im not able to prove the sounds are from one of these cryptids...but what this experiment does prove, is that dog(s) react in different ways, to sounds that are allegedly from a cryptid...(the fact that the dog(s) react DIFFERENTLY, shows that its something different)...

Keeping in mind, that bears do not howl either...so if a dog is reacting differently to a supposed cryptid howl, (and the dog has reacted normally with known canine sounds)...what other animal could have made the noises?

Old 02-21-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
You are right...Im not able to prove the sounds are from one of these cryptids...but what this experiment does prove, is that dog(s) react in different ways, to sounds that are allegedly from a cryptid...(the fact that the dog(s) react DIFFERENTLY, shows that its something different)
No, it only demonstrates that some dogs act different to different sounds! Just like some dogs act different to different people. You cannot prove that any sounds were made by a cryptid, without that proof your experiment is worthless.

Old 02-21-2021, 04:17 PM
KCZ

4,655 posts, read 3,611,704 times
Quote:
And how are you going to get the sounds of BF and Dogman? You don't know if either sound is a hoax since nobody has ever captured either animal. Heck you don't even have a dead one. There is a very good chance that neither was ever in our woods, simply all misidentifications and hoaxes.

As far as this video, all I saw was a leg and a dog run after something. It could have been anything? I don't know what anybody can see in a one second clip? It could have been just about anything. Is there a better picture of it other than the one at the 6 second mark on the video?

There's a longer sequence at 3:40. It seems to have massive shoulders and arms that are too long to be a human. A hoaxer had to put some effort into the costume construction.

Old 02-21-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
There's a longer sequence at 3:40. It seems to have massive shoulders and arms that are too long to be a human. A hoaxer had to put some effort into the costume construction.
Thanks for letting me know, I missed that 3:40 mark. But it is so dark and far away it is hard to see what we are looking at. It does have a human gate.

Old 02-21-2021, 11:22 PM

Quote:
No, it only demonstrates that some dogs act different to different sounds! Just like some dogs act different to different people. You cannot prove that any sounds were made by a cryptid, without that proof your experiment is worthless.
What I would like to do, is have a bunch of dogs in one room, go in and play one of the supposed cryptid noises...and see if all the dogs react the same way...

If this little experiment went the way I theorized, would that be 'interesting' to you?

( I think all the dogs would react the same way...I believe dogs, and maybe some other animals, can 'get a sense' of these creatures, and they can recognize their vocalizations instinctively)...It would not be too difficult to prove, or disprove this theory).

Old 02-22-2021, 03:34 AM

Quote:
What I would like to do, is have a bunch of dogs in one room, go in and play one of the supposed cryptid noises...and see if all the dogs react the same way...

If this little experiment went the way I theorized, would that be 'interesting' to you?

( I think all the dogs would react the same way...I believe dogs, and maybe some other animals, can 'get a sense' of these creatures, and they can recognize their vocalizations instinctively)...It would not be too difficult to prove, or disprove this theory).
All you would demonstrate is that either you found a noise dogs hate or one that doesn't bother them. You would have no connection to BF since we have no true BF sounds. We would need a captured BF so we could record those sounds and document them.

Old 02-23-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
All you would demonstrate is that either you found a noise dogs hate or one that doesn't bother them. You would have no connection to BF since we have no true BF sounds. We would need a captured BF so we could record those sounds and document them.
No...there is a big difference between noises Dogs 'dont like' versus noises that make them cower in fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal