Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 04:42 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,074,989 times

Advertisements

Is that like the Miracle at Fatima, when in 1915, many thousands of Portuguese people swore one day that they saw the sun spin around fast and plunge to the ground and the sky turned black, and the Virgin Mary spoke to them? But somehow it was not witnessed anywhere else in the world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 04:53 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Yes, The Mandela Effect is quite a well-known phenomena - not proven of course, but many people suspect something might be happening. Lots of people think it is a problem with our brains, a type of pareidolia whereby we think we have heard something previously as our brain tries to match up things for us.

Personally, I think it is a time-line jump, but thats a little waaaay out there for some people.

Here are some other Mandela Effect threads on CD

Link 1 Mandela Effect
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Link 5

and at a stretch .... possibly these associated threads
Link A
Link B
Link C

Old 02-19-2021, 10:12 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,206 times
I would have bet real money that former Senator Dole had passed some time ago as well. There was a segment on some show (Tosh.?) called "Dead or Alive", where contestants would have to guess which celebrities were still with us, much of the time guessing wrong.

Maybe the folks who claim we're existing in a digital simulation, and things like this are merely a programming glitch, aren't all wrong.

Old 02-20-2021, 02:55 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,183,689 times
I've had (I think) 2 dreams in the last couple years where my 93-year-old grandfather has died.

He's still kicking, I love him very much, and I hate having those dreams.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:46 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
I've had (I think) 2 dreams in the last couple years where my 93-year-old grandfather has died.
He's still kicking, I love him very much, and I hate having those dreams.
Often dreams are our subconscious releasing or 'playing out' worries or concerns that we have.Particularly if we cannot express our worries in our daily lives.

There is a theory that other realities(the dream reality & others) are less dense than our 3D world, which means our thoughts can actually create the things we think about. These are called 'thought forms' in occult literature and sometimes people who know about such things can create these in our reality too, it just takes a lot more effort. The witches of old and their familiar black cats and possibly Skinwalkers too.

Old 02-20-2021, 06:24 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,040,736 times
In my case, it's not happening in dreams. It will just occur, automatically to me, that some such politician or movie star is dead, or has been so for a while. Then, weeks or months later, when I see them talking on TV, I'll blurt out, regardless of who is nearby: "I thought he/she died!" Looking like a complete a$$

I call my episodes the 'McFly' or 'Beckett' effect!

Old 02-20-2021, 10:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
Is that like the Miracle at Fatima, when in 1915, many thousands of Portuguese people swore one day that they saw the sun spin around fast and plunge to the ground and the sky turned black, and the Virgin Mary spoke to them? But somehow it was not witnessed anywhere else in the world?
Im not really religious, but i think its possible, 'believers' were shown something extraordinary...and yet, non-believers didnt see a thing.

Old 02-20-2021, 02:36 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
That is the definition of a miracle: Something for which there is no rational, scientific explanation. If divine intervention is the only explanation, you have a miracle.

Now, you can believe disbelieve in miracles. But you can't discount them for being what they claim to be.

Old 02-20-2021, 02:59 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
I have been told, by wifey and others, that mine is a bad habit, having recollections of people dying when they're still alive.

And isn't it ironic: I've never come across a time travel book or movie I didn't like!

Been obsessed with time travel since the late 1980s, when I first saw 'Back To The Future'
I just came upon another one yesterday. I have a memory of a pharmacy that not only had the soda counter but also sold western wear and horse tack. So kind of an oddball pharmacy. It was where I grew up and the name was unusual, and I posted it in a local page, and somebody else said yes you are correct this was there. But he spelled the name differently.

It was raining and cold, and I didn’t feel like doing anything yesterday so I started to research. I went to find a grave the name that he said the spelling he suggested didn’t exist so I went back to my original spelling everybody I found with that name was not local to where I was. I checked on find a grave, I hit ancestry.com, and then I discovered, or remembered, the library of Congress has online references.

They had a local telephone book. From the era where I’m talking about this place. Both yellow pages and white pages. The pharmacy, and the people that were supposed to live in the area because he remembered where they lived? They aren’t there. There is no reference to the pharmacy that I remember from 1962 to 1974.

Yeah, that is kind of a weird thing. But that’s memory.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:11 PM

362 posts, read 143,852 times
This has happened to me. I know for a FACT that a former classmate died around a decade ago, I remember the shock and wondering about how his sibling must feel. The man is not dead, and it is creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal