Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 02:47 AM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times

Advertisements

So...how much influence do we have on our environment?

The Psyleron Mind Lamp changes color to your thoughts, or - at least it did. It is no longer available and the PEAR lab has closed as of 2007.

Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) made a lamp which changed colour according to your thoughts. It was run by a random event (number) generator(REG) which cycled through a number of colours in turn. If your thoughts of a particular colour affected the REG, then the lamp would stay on one colour more time than it was programmed to do. If you were not influencing the REG in any way, then the lamp would cycle through these colours in a pre-detemined sequence. In this way, you could train yourself to affect this lamp and see the results in the holding of the appropriate colour.

PEAR started a company Psyleron to market and sell this equipment, the lamp, and also the REG. The REG is a piece of equipment which is supposed to be a Random Event Generator which the PEAR were/are studying to find out how the emotional responses of the population of humans have an effect on these REGs. For example, they detected a change in the randomness of the numbers generated when the 9/11 event happened, and other events which affected the population in an emotional way. These REGs are still available - just.

Think about this for a moment - If we can influence a lamp to change colour, then we can influence (both in a positive and a negative way) other things, like computers. If this seems too far out, then (if I remember correctly) Joe McMoneagle, the Remote Viewer, was recruited into the Fort Mead RV program because he had inadvertantly crashed the computers (with his mind) in the army base at which he was stationed.

My conspiracy theory about this withdrawal of the Mind Lamp is that someone did not want a product like this to be sold because it encouraged people to try out their mind at influencing physical objects and those 'someones' do not have a way to stop that influence. Apparently, from what I hear, it is fairly easy for people to train themselves to influence this lamp and its changing colours. Imagine if there were many of these lamps sold, many people would realise this was possible and would be trying to influence all kinds of things. Some people would be naturally very good or excellent at it and it would create havoc with the sections of the government and organisations which were targeted - either with malicious intent or merely with an inquisitive mind.

Below is a quote about REGs which are at the heart of the Mind Lamp. ( Link )

Quote:
About REGs
The Psyleron REG-1 measures electrical effects which are driven by quantum events.
The mind, however, seems able to affect the outcome of the random event generator.
when a person or persons attempt to influence the REG to produce more 1s or 0s, it seems as though "willpower" alone is enough to achieve such an effect. Operators can create statistically significant distortions in the REG output that correspond to their intentions.
The REG-1 allows you to become a pioneer in exploring these phenomena.
What do you think? Do you subscribe to this conspiracy?

Last edited by ocpaul20; 02-25-2021 at 02:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 10:30 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Very interesting, and Yes, I definitely see how such an ability could be used for negative/criminal intentions....Just imagine going into a bank and 'wishing' a large sum of money to be in your possession!!

Im not sure that is technically 'robbery'! LOL

Plus, this could be used to cause harm to others.

Old 02-25-2021, 01:33 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Similar vane~ The double slit experiment

https://plus.maths.org/content/physi...t-experiment-0

Quote:
the very act of observing a particle has a dramatic effect on its behaviour.

Old 02-25-2021, 06:58 PM

23,595 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Yep. The ability to shift or influence "randomness" slightly has been known for years. IIRC, the effect is not cumulative or particularly consistent. There was some attempt years ago to have a worldwide crowd try to shift something or influence something. It didn't work and therefor the details got relegated to junk storage in my mind.

There is a whole philosophical offshoot to such influence being possible. Some of that gets interesting, extreme, and woo woo all at once.

Old 02-26-2021, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Yep. The ability to shift or influence "randomness" slightly has been known for years. IIRC, the effect is not cumulative or particularly consistent. There was some attempt years ago to have a worldwide crowd try to shift something or influence something. It didn't work and therefor the details got relegated to junk storage in my mind.

There is a whole philosophical offshoot to such influence being possible. Some of that gets interesting, extreme, and woo woo all at once.
Not so fast :-)
Here are a whole bunch of papers from Princeton PEAR detailing the results and analysis of the influence of the population on the REGs (Random Event Generators) across the world. I believe it is not woo at all but has been documented and proved to be something which happens just before large emotional events, such as 9/11.

Here is one on Remote Viewing trying to replicate the original SRI results

Old 02-26-2021, 01:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Im not claiming to know much about 'quantum physics', but the jist of what I have read and been able to understand seems to be that we can certainly manipulate and influence the world around us and everything in it!

But therein lies the problem...do you tell the general public the truth about this...and possibly 'instruct' people on how to do this in the process of explaining it? You do not have to be a scientist to understand how CHAOTIC society would be, if any ordinary person could manipulate and change things all around them!!! (what would happen if 2 different people tried to change the same thing and it conflicted with itself?...what would the result of that be?)

Seems like there is a huge risk of govt loosing control over the population if these theories turn out to be accurate and practical....right?

Old 02-26-2021, 05:15 AM

Taking all this a little further...
Some people believe that the whole of our reality is energy and a holographic projection. We are walking around inside a 'bubble' and our view of the world is a projection onto the inside of that bubble. Others believe that you create/manifest things into your life by focusing your intention on them(The Secret & visualisations).

The occult literature says that your thoughts/intentions make something(a thought form) in the reality/dimension above this one and as you pour more energy/focus into the thing you want, the energy eventually slows down and naturally appears or manifests in our 3D world. If you have a thought and then forget about it, then it naturally dissipates because there is not a continuous stream of energy being directed into that though form to make it solid.

What the out-of-body crowd say, is that the higher dimensions react to our thoughts more easily and the thing you think of is created immediately in that dimension. Ours is the lowest dimension and the most physical or dense and so it takes longer to manifest or materialise things in this 3D dimension than it does in the other more refined dimensions.

Old 02-26-2021, 09:07 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quantum physics is beyond my brain's capabilities to grasp.

Correction; My brain is too lazy to have tackled Quantum physics as of yet.

There was one time I breathed air underwater. I can't explain it. I was maybe 12 years old & had stayed 12 ft. underwater for too long. I was trying to rise to the surface but the pressure in my lungs became unbearable & I exhaled too early. The last thing I remembered was doing this thing by pursing my lips tightly & sucking in slowly. By the time my head came out of the water, my lungs had taken in a full breath. I remember looking around when I surfaced, like "Did anybody see that?" but of course people were just oblivious, nobody had noticed.

I have no clue if that's even an example of your brain controlling your environment but something gave me oxygen underwater. I sat by myself for a long time after that happened, not talking to anybody. It really freaked me out.

Old 02-26-2021, 11:49 AM

2,458 posts, read 2,476,905 times
If we pray for rain and it works, would that be changing the environment? There's no way to prove prayer caused the rain. Then again, there's no way to prove it didn't.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:36 PM

What one person calls 'praying', another person calls 'intention' so yes, it seems that praying and intention both work. We have science which tells us that is so. However, we have to ask ourselves - is it cause or effect? Did we change it or did we pick up a thought that it will change and decide to focus on it?

I was thinking last night, if we can cause an effect on electrons to make a zero into a one - changing the polarity of a bit somewhere inside a computers memory, then we should be able to knock an electron off an atom. If we can knock an electron off an atom, then we can turn lead into gold.

Now there's a thought which should be motivational for almost everyone.

It means we have influence over our environment and we can change it to be how we want it, just with the power of the mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal