Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 10:07 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Exactly, I brought up the Air France Flight 447 crash further up the thread, where they were able to find the wreckage at the bottom of the ocean relatively quickly and they still were unable to find 74 of the bodies, so with how fast human bodies can decompose or be eaten, I am not that surprised no human remains have been found YET from Malaysia Flight 370!

Are there some human remains from this crash at the bottom of the ocean, maybe, probably.
Anybody remember the Indianapolis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Indianapolis_(CA-35)?

"At 0015 on 30 July, the ship was torpedoed by the Imperial Japanese Navy submarine I-58, and sank in 12 minutes. Of 1,195 crewmen aboard, approximately 300 went down with the ship. The remaining 890 faced exposure, dehydration, saltwater poisoning, and shark attacks while stranded in the open ocean with few lifeboats and almost no food or water. The Navy only learned of the sinking four days later, when survivors were spotted by the crew of a PV-1 Ventura on routine patrol. Only 316 survived."

Using Google I found this other statement about that recovery operation: "Of the total of twenty-one (21) bodies recovered, thirteen (13) were at least partially identified as indicated in Enclosure (B)." from this link: https://www.history.navy.mil/researc...perations.html.

So that means, that after four days, our Navy could only recover 25 of the 574 bodies that were lost at sea. At that time I do not think that we had the means to search the sea floor at 18,000 feet where the Indianapolis was finally located in 2017 after previous failed attempts to locate the wreck.

Even with the Titanic sinking only 333 bodies were recovered of the more than 1500 people that were lost. Of course that was complicated since only the dead that were identified as first class passengers were recovered and some not identified were given burial at sea.

Our point is that the ocean is unforgiving and it is very easy to lose a body forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 10:17 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Our point is that the ocean is unforgiving and it is very easy to lose a body forever.
Come on fish, we know we can't blame the unforgiving ocean for all the bodies disappearing when Malaysia Flight 370 crashed into it, we have to blame those crazy aliens!

How does that saying about Occam's razor go again?

Old 04-04-2021, 02:21 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How many human bodies or body parts have been recovered or found so far?
I know, as they say, there are no stupid questions, but sometimes I wonder....

This topic on bodies and the obvious explanation of the decomposition process when confronted by salt water, ocean predators, and microbes, has been discussed many times. It gets tiresome. Trust us - it's not part of the mystery.

Quote:
We have one poster that claims this was his vision. We have millions of people that believe the plane simply crashed into the ocean because the pilot was suicidal or some other real reason.
There are also a multitude of other theories that should be explored.
There is the black hole theory.
Terrorist theory.
Government Conspiracy theory.
Remote hijacking theory.
All sorts of different ones.

I still say all evidence point to pilot suicide, but all these other theories should be given equal voice. We've spent too much time on the "Aliens swallowed airplane because I saw it with my superpower of remote vision" theory.

Old 04-04-2021, 06:23 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
There are also a multitude of other theories that should be explored.
There is the black hole theory.
Terrorist theory.
Government Conspiracy theory.
Remote hijacking theory.
All sorts of different ones.

I still say all evidence point to pilot suicide, but all these other theories should be given equal voice. We've spent too much time on the "Aliens swallowed airplane because I saw it with my superpower of remote vision" theory.
I really got tired of the response from CALGUY: "it doesn't work like that" when asked questions about where the plane or passengers were currently located. That reason by itself would be a great reason for our government to scape the remote viewing program. If people can only get snippets and not useful information about our enemies, why bother?

No investigation should ever be sidetracked because of one person's supposed 'vision'. They would need solid evidence to support that vision and CALGUY has offered nothing.

Old 04-05-2021, 07:17 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
I really got tired of the response from CALGUY: "it doesn't work like that" when asked questions about where the plane or passengers were currently located. That reason by itself would be a great reason for our government to scape the remote viewing program. If people can only get snippets and not useful information about our enemies, why bother?

No investigation should ever be sidetracked because of one person's supposed 'vision'. They would need solid evidence to support that vision and CALGUY has offered nothing.
I hate to ridicule anyone's beliefs but really he asked for it by being so insistent on it and creating so many threads on the topic (it seems with each anniversary), seeming to boast of his alleged "superpowers". Really, his "vision" is so TV/Sci-Fi in nature as hard to take seriously. Then he gives us two examples of his predictions in the past that he had posted - AND THEY ARE BOTH WRONG.

If I understand it, the government ceased the Remote Viewing program because it failed to produce any results.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:25 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The US government have investigated and trained remote viewing workers. To look for Russian missile installations and how to break in and see their launch codes.
This is old news, and it didn't go anywhere.

Old 04-05-2021, 02:18 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is old news, and it didn't go anywhere.
IDK...there is something called 'disinformation'...Govts employ it when they do not want anyone to know what their capabilities are (PERFECT for intelligence).

Whats the alternative...Govt simply being honest about their capabilities? LOL

Old 04-05-2021, 02:29 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
IDK...there is something called 'disinformation'...Govts employ it when they do not want anyone to know what their capabilities are (PERFECT for intelligence).

Whats the alternative...Govt simply being honest about their capabilities? LOL
Can't be any worse than a bunch non-government people who don't have a clue making up a bunch wild conspiracy theories. Then again the guy who heard it from a guy who knew a guy that used to work for this guy that once heard on a internet forum it was true could be correct.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:15 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Can't be any worse than a bunch non-government people who don't have a clue making up a bunch wild conspiracy theories. Then again the guy who heard it from a guy who knew a guy that used to work for this guy that once heard on a internet forum it was true could be correct.
With the Govt we have in place and its history, I would not be surprised if even the craziest conspiracy theories were true!

Just look at some of the funding included in this last Stimulus bill as a great example!!! (now imagine the things they fund that do not make the news!!)

Old 04-05-2021, 05:11 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
If you read the Seventh Sense by Lyn Buchanan, one of the remote viewers, he says that the project was funded each year and they never knew whether they would get funding until the last momen. Sometimes they were going to shut the project down, yet just in the nick of time, some agency stepped up and funded them.

That went on for at least 24 years. Why should agencies fund them if they were not useful on some level? It is not as if the government has to fund a loss-maker for tax purposes like businesses do. All that happened in the end was that someone in government decided they wanted the project to be closed (as far as the public was concerned) so they created a report which gave that result. If anyone bothers to investigate, there were plenty of accurate RV session results done over those 24 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal