Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 02:41 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
BFRO is the main one, but there are several other groups that accept sighting reports.
Yeah, well I'm sure that's an independent scientific research organization.

Tell me, how much bigfoot hair have they collected for DNA analysis proving they exist? You can't tell me that the forests aren't full of clumps of Sasquatch sheddings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 03:14 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think liars in this context would say something which was untrue, made up, fabricated, imagined, or unreasonably generated out of thin air to produce an effect, whereas something which you believe is true because you have gone through a process of validation and it has passed your criteria.

Probably/possibly including considering the validity of the source, the 'authority' of the source, common sense, the liklihood that the source is being truthful, the known past history of the source, and whether you have heard/read/seen the same thing from other 'reliable' sources too. And of course, first-hand experience too. Maybe the difference is the way we tell it and the proviso's we place on the information when we re-tell it?
The difference is when the information has been scientifically studied and published and it can stand up to peer review and the test of time.

Stories do not make truth. They can be a starting point for research and study. But when time goes by and you don't have a creature or body, then you can expect to be questioned.

Old 03-11-2021, 05:06 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
MOST of what is posted here is not provable - either because there is a mystery surrounding it or else it is something which science has not arrived at the point where it has the measuring instruments to detect such stuff.

Now, if you mean by "wrong and easily proven wrong" that you do not agree with what is said and do not believe what is said, and in YOUR OPINION is "wrong", then your argument does not have a leg to stand on. Your opinion or belief is as good as anyones elses.

We all know that scientists often disagree with each other so we can hardly call that proof either. Currently we are at a point where the believers in a large bipedal cryptid are presenting lots of evidence for the existence of it. The believers of the non-existence of such a creature cannot present evidence of non-existence, so all they have is hot air.

You are welcome to believe or not believe anything you like but you are not an authority we should take much notice of.
I was more posting about things like your post on when mountain gorillas were discovered. Then luckily another poster came along and posted the real information. That and when a poster posts that a incident was real but a quick google search will show it was a hoax or even a part of a movie.

I get your post.It is like you can't prove I have a paranormal miniature purple Wookie that lives in the island in my kitchen. His name is Larry by the way.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:56 AM

1,386 posts, read 999,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
He actually did tell me once that something I was wearing made me look fat which is kind of funny because I am fat.
Well then he was a braver man that I am. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than tell my SO that anything made her look fat.

--

Old 03-16-2021, 06:45 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I have a paranormal miniature purple Wookie that lives in the island in my kitchen. His name is Larry by the way.
I know that dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal