Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 12:29 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Any chance you could post a link?
https://archaeology-world.com/ecuado...modern-humans/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 12:44 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
In terms of Christian theology, angels are immaterial beings. Pure spirit. They don't have bodies, though they can appear to have bodies. And fun aside: Nowhere in Scripture do they appear as cute chubby babies with dove wings. There are two ways that angels appear in the Bible: They look so thoroughly human that very often people speaking with them don't realize they are angels, or they look so weird and freak-out terrifying that it makes a Japanese kaiju movie almost look quaint.
The winged chubby babies are called putti, and Renaissance artists adopted them from classical Roman art. They were originally spirits that influenced human lives -- then at some point they became associated with the order of bodiless powers called Cherubim. In the Orthodox liturgy, we describe the Seraphim and Cherubim as "six winged, many eyed, borne aloft on their pinions". Not chubby babies or cute at all. Best representation I've seen in cinema is the seraphim in the "All Souls" episode of X-Files, and perhaps the eye-winged angel of death in Hellboy 2: The Golden Army (though that one's way over the top on the horror scale).

Old 04-06-2021, 02:58 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,675,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I still do not see anything with a link to any specific museum displaying what you say.

That is a very interesting link. The title and last paragraph state one thing. Then the entire article is about something completely different.

The site also has a interesting disclaimer.

Old 04-06-2021, 05:46 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Archeology is as much a bunch of beliefs as is what we express on here or the religious forum. Anything over a long lifespan old, we have no idea what was going on at the time.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:54 PM

111 posts, read 98,113 times
Well, I left a camera on my apartment patio for a few hours. I didn't feel completely comfortable leaving it out overnight because of some shady people in the area, but I did film for nearly three hours. Unfortunately, it picked up nothing but some bugs and traffic.

This time was a bust, so I'm thinking that I might film again if the activity starts to pick up.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:54 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Archeology is as much a bunch of beliefs as is what we express on here or the religious forum. Anything over a long lifespan old, we have no idea what was going on at the time.
I’m sorry, that’s not true at all. There’s this thing called history. We know when things happened because there are written record somethings happening, so archaeology as a science actually just gives us back up for what happened in addition to adding more information as to what happened. It adds more facts and depth. And when we go back to where things are unwritten history, like in Newgrange, you can get DNA from 5000 year old bones.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:57 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
I still do not see anything with a link to any specific museum displaying what you say.

That is a very interesting link. The title and last paragraph state one thing. Then the entire article is about something completely different.

The site also has a interesting disclaimer.
If you check that site on a media fact checker site, it’s listed as a questionable site mainly because it appears it acts more as an aggregator. Since it doesn’t fact check the claims that are being made, it just tells you about them, there’s no way to know unless you’re trying to figure it out yourself that where they got this from is a real site, or a whackadoo site.

Old 04-06-2021, 07:06 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,675,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
If you check that site on a media fact checker site, it’s listed as a questionable site mainly because it appears it acts more as an aggregator. Since it doesn’t fact check the claims that are being made, it just tells you about them, there’s no way to know unless you’re trying to figure it out yourself that where they got this from is a real site, or a whackadoo site.
It's 100% a wackadoo site I just didn't want to be the first one to say it.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:24 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
It's 100% a wackadoo site I just didn't want to be the first one to say it.
There were many other Google returns when i did the search, the link I posted was just the one I happened to click first, there are plenty of other sites that talk about the museum in Ecuador and what they have in their display.

Old 04-07-2021, 01:27 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I’m sorry, that’s not true at all. There’s this thing called history. We know when things happened because there are written record somethings happening, so archaeology as a science actually just gives us back up for what happened in addition to adding more information as to what happened. It adds more facts and depth. And when we go back to where things are unwritten history, like in Newgrange, you can get DNA from 5000 year old bones.
History is unreliable. History does not tell of uncomfortable facts, it only describes history as the winners of wars have determined it to be. The Japanese history books of the second world war are not going to be the same as the Chinese history books of the same events. If anyone believes history as written in history books, and taught to school students they are naieve. History is more political storytelling and propaganda than anything else. DNA analysis is probably more accurate than written history because you dont have people making up a narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal