Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 06:06 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Gee, how convenient they cannot go into the details about those materials.

The military isnt going to enter into a contract sight unseen.
We know:

1. A group of die-hard UFO believers claim they have recovered alien materials.

2. The military is investigating.

That's it. That is all we know. Does the military know more? Maybe. They might suspect this "vehicle" the True Believers wasn't actually alien but was from a Chinese spy satellite, or a Russian assassin drone, or a North Korean ballistic missile guidance system, or an Italian snow-cone machine. Or it could be proprietory secret tech from an American or British satellite, but they sure aren't going to tell the True Believers that. It could be a material some grad student invented in a lab with high-tech properties. (Do a Google Search on the number of scientific leaps that came out of left field.) Or it could be a hoax. Or it could really be alien.

We. Don't. Know.

That does not equal "hard proof" of anything. It equals speculation. You're just assuming again because you want to believe so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 09:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
We know:

1. A group of die-hard UFO believers claim they have recovered alien materials.

2. The military is investigating.

That's it. That is all we know. Does the military know more? Maybe. They might suspect this "vehicle" the True Believers wasn't actually alien but was from a Chinese spy satellite, or a Russian assassin drone, or a North Korean ballistic missile guidance system, or an Italian snow-cone machine. Or it could be proprietory secret tech from an American or British satellite, but they sure aren't going to tell the True Believers that. It could be a material some grad student invented in a lab with high-tech properties. (Do a Google Search on the number of scientific leaps that came out of left field.) Or it could be a hoax. Or it could really be alien.

We. Don't. Know.

That does not equal "hard proof" of anything. It equals speculation. You're just assuming again because you want to believe so much.
Its not just a 'claim', the article is about the Armys contract with To the stars group...(note there is a CONTRACT between the two), this is beyond the investigation phase.

Unless you are saying the Army would enter into a contract, not even knowing what these materials are, or if they are legitimate or not?

Just for laughs, go to Google and see what is required to land a Federal/Military contract (of any kind)!

The Army would NOT enter into a contract unless it knew all about these materials beforehand, I bet they required a full inventory, descriptions, pictures images, maybe even allowing a third party to verify the materials.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:45 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Its not just a 'claim', the article is about the Armys contract with To the stars group...(note there is a CONTRACT between the two), this is beyond the investigation phase.

Unless you are saying the Army would enter into a contract, not even knowing what these materials are, or if they are legitimate or not?

Ive read that article 3 times, I dont see where it says anything about a "contract". I have been involved with several military contracts in the past, one top secret, and never had to jump through hoops, unless you count a background check and questionnaire "hoops".

Old 04-21-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Ive read that article 3 times, I dont see where it says anything about a "contract". I have been involved with several military contracts in the past, one top secret, and never had to jump through hoops, unless you count a background check and questionnaire "hoops".
Here is the actual contract...

https://documents2.theblackvault.com...ARMY-CRADA.pdf

Old 04-21-2021, 07:00 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound
We don't know how advanced our secret programs are. Or ones in Russia or China. And we don't know how many reported cases are simply incorrect for any number of reasons. Hard proof is they land here. They come out of their crafts and introduce themselves. Grainy videos and photos and eyewitness accounts with nothing to back them up is not enough.
Actually we do have a good idea how advanced - at least to a point, because we can point to witness reports and look at the technology it describes. Not all reports are alien UFOs, many are the government trying things out and testing stuff.

I have pointed out before how the Cash-Landrum incident was followed by military twin-rotor helicopters and shot flames out of the base of the craft. The witnesses had radiation burns, so it is likely nuclear engine powering that craft. Kecksburg 'acorn' looked remarkably like the old Nazi bell which was powered by mercury spinning somehow. Bob Lazar reported anti-grav engines, plus some of the UFO hunting TV docudramas have witnessed some seriously strange technology.

With a little deduction, we can plot a course through the technology being developed, but of course it is more than we know about.

IF we have this UFO-type secret technology, then we are not limited to jets and rockets which means we have achieved proper space travel. So, at that stage, we are being sold a HUGE illusion. I believe we are.

Can I ask you...If they landed on your lawn, how do you think you would document this "Hard proof is they land here. They come out of their crafts and introduce themselves" ?
[sarcasm]Oh..just wait a second while I run inside and get my camera, and ring up my buddy so he can come be a witness.[/sarcasm]

Old 04-21-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Actually we do have a good idea how advanced - at least to a point, because we can point to witness reports and look at the technology it describes. Not all reports are alien UFOs, many are the government trying things out and testing stuff.

I have pointed out before how the Cash-Landrum incident was followed by military twin-rotor helicopters and shot flames out of the base of the craft. The witnesses had radiation burns, so it is likely nuclear engine powering that craft. Kecksburg 'acorn' looked remarkably like the old Nazi bell which was powered by mercury spinning somehow. Bob Lazar reported anti-grav engines, plus some of the UFO hunting TV docudramas have witnessed some seriously strange technology.

With a little deduction, we can plot a course through the technology being developed, but of course it is more than we know about.

IF we have this UFO-type secret technology, then we are not limited to jets and rockets which means we have achieved proper space travel. So, at that stage, we are being sold a HUGE illusion. I believe we are.

Can I ask you...If they landed on your lawn, how do you think you would document this "Hard proof is they land here. They come out of their crafts and introduce themselves" ?
[sarcasm]Oh..just wait a second while I run inside and get my camera, and ring up my buddy so he can come be a witness.[/sarcasm]
There was another poster on this forum, ( I cannot remember who it was), they said if you really wanted to know if these craft were man-made experimental or not...look no further than academia...

If these types of technologies have been developed, there would be mountains of research papers from Universities all over the world.

Old 04-22-2021, 03:41 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
There ARE patents for this technology if you care to look for them. The academic papers are probably entitled as something which a normal non-scientific person would not recognize as being something 'interesting'. They are also generally not available without payment unless you have a subscription like most university libraries have. Some technology gets reported in the science news sites so if you follow those, new discoveries ARE reported. The ones which are interesting to folk like us are generally not mentioned again either because the research has not attracted further funding or else has been funded by agencies for nefarious reasons.

As an example I believe Russell Targ and Hal Puthoff at SRI were allowed to publish papers on other aspects of Remote Viewing which were not related to developing the RV for military use.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:44 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
So UFO's started appearing in the sky about the same time aviation and weather balloons became common on earth. How is it back 200 years ago there were not widespread sightings of UFO's. Clearly if there are UFO's they could have been visiting for a very long time. Yet before the 1940's there were few sightings. From all I have read the Roswell incident sparked interest in UFO's in popular culture and that is when the sightings became more common. People wanted to see UFO's and started to believe they existed.
My theory (nothing more) in answer to your comment above:

1) Ancient rock carvings suggest UFO sightings. Or, the carvings could just depict religious beliefs. Pure speculation & open to one's own interpretation.
2) Two centuries ago, humans lived more in line with natural daylight hours; far fewer people stayed up late. So fewer sightings. (No clue why more UFO sightings are reported at night...maybe extraterrestrials are just being considerate of our increased air & ground traffic during the day.)
3) Perhaps other planets & their life forms have varying evolutionary & technological advancements. Some may be much slower than us & might not even know life exists beyond their own world. While other planets may be far, FAR more advanced than us (I go with that). As these civilizations progress and evolve, so do their extraterrestrial excursions, thus, more sightings.

I only saw one UFO, back in the 80's, but I was fortunate to be one of over a dozen people stopped in an intersection, all watching together. We got out of our cars & stood there in awe at a MASSIVE craft just above the power lines. I can still see the undercarriage in my memory just like it was yesterday, & the lights on that thing, too. Hovered over us like a gigantic floating mall, not a sound. When it took off many minutes later, it shot off in mere seconds. Over the next few days, thousands of people had reported seeing it. I had never thought about UFOs much until then, but that incident sure sparked my interest. I've never seen one since, but that one convinced me. Those of us at that intersection knew that what we saw was NOT of this earth....hell, this world can't get along well enough to collaborate on such an endeavor. Years later, I watched a special with Robert Stack about the same sighting I saw and I was so glad to know how many of us had our own experience validated. Would it be nice if more people believed us or if there was irrefutable proof that it happened? I suppose so...but it's not necessary for my own piece of mind.

Old 04-25-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
My theory (nothing more) in answer to your comment above:

1) Ancient rock carvings suggest UFO sightings. Or, the carvings could just depict religious beliefs. Pure speculation & open to one's own interpretation.
2) Two centuries ago, humans lived more in line with natural daylight hours; far fewer people stayed up late. So fewer sightings. (No clue why more UFO sightings are reported at night...maybe extraterrestrials are just being considerate of our increased air & ground traffic during the day.)
3) Perhaps other planets & their life forms have varying evolutionary & technological advancements. Some may be much slower than us & might not even know life exists beyond their own world. While other planets may be far, FAR more advanced than us (I go with that). As these civilizations progress and evolve, so do their extraterrestrial excursions, thus, more sightings.

I only saw one UFO, back in the 80's, but I was fortunate to be one of over a dozen people stopped in an intersection, all watching together. We got out of our cars & stood there in awe at a MASSIVE craft just above the power lines. I can still see the undercarriage in my memory just like it was yesterday, & the lights on that thing, too. Hovered over us like a gigantic floating mall, not a sound. When it took off many minutes later, it shot off in mere seconds. Over the next few days, thousands of people had reported seeing it. I had never thought about UFOs much until then, but that incident sure sparked my interest. I've never seen one since, but that one convinced me. Those of us at that intersection knew that what we saw was NOT of this earth....hell, this world can't get along well enough to collaborate on such an endeavor. Years later, I watched a special with Robert Stack about the same sighting I saw and I was so glad to know how many of us had our own experience validated. Would it be nice if more people believed us or if there was irrefutable proof that it happened? I suppose so...but it's not necessary for my own piece of mind.
Awesome!

Can you describe the undercarriage, any details? Were able to see 'construction'?

Old 04-25-2021, 11:36 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times
Quote:
Awesome!

Can you describe the undercarriage, any details? Were able to see 'construction'?
A dark gray, almost black. I don't know what it was made of (LOL), but it was matte, no shine...reminded me of the old Samsonite luggage. There were long ripples in various spots that leads me to think there was some sort of piping, maybe plumbing & exhaust piping within the undercarriage, BUT we did not see any exhaust emissions from our vantage point. There were some lights along the undercarriage, but most of the lights were along the outer rim of the craft. Above the lights, along the sides, were what appeared to be windows. The craft was so big and blotted out so much of the sky, that as I approached the intersection, I didn't realize I was seeing anything. The traffic had slowed to a crawl, and from so far away, I thought it was because the signal lights were malfunctioning and all 4 directions of the intersection were lit up, red, yellow, green. Not until I came to a full stop, got out of my car, & walked up to the others standing there, did I realize we were staring at something so huge, we couldn't see the other side of it. Not until many minutes later, when it silently & slowly lifted higher in the sky, then we saw it rotate a bit and then shoot off into the sky. It was fascinating.

I was coming home from my second shift job at the airport. That time of night, this intersection was mostly used by airport & IBM workers returning to their homes in Wappingers & further out parts of Dutchess County. I called airport ops & couldn't even get thru, they had so many calls. I never felt fear, and it didn't seem like anyone else did... maybe we were too awestruck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal