Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 05:56 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Interesting article. But if the plane had, in fact, gone into a holding pattern before continuing on, witnesses would have reported it. Witnesses reported seeing the plane pass over a certain island in the Malacca Straight, Indonesians reported it passing overhead in the vicinity, and so forth. No one reported it circling repeatedly, that we know of.

But we'll see what else he comes up with.
My feeling is that 'circling' was misused in that link. The quote from the link stated: "He says the plane was put into a holding pattern for around 22 minutes near the coastline of Sumatra, an Indonesian island, reports AirlineRatings." And as you look at the 'pings' charted with his data, it looks like just one 22 minute circle and not repeated circling.

Of course, the question will still be if the 'new' information leads us to a closure? He, the engineer, was supposed to have the final location information by yesterday. We will have to wait and see if any new details arise and if they will reopen the search from that information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 07:40 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
That won’t satisfy them. Because if you can plant a wing, you can plant sneakers and other plane parts.

It’s like the 9/11 conspiracy. They just keep coming no matter what you point out. Even though I know people who were at the Pentagon on that day.
How likely is it that the "Eyes in the sky" satellites are not able to monitor the worlds oceans for incoming missiles? Incoming to the USA or to the allies of the USA. Even China and Russia probably have satellites which monitor the airspace 24/7 for incoming missiles. So...why cant we know where this plane went down? Probably because countries do not want their enemies knowing what their capabilities are.

Either someone is not telling the truth or technology is far worse than we thought it was.

At the time, there was a lot of foot-dragging about the release of the flight cargo manifest (see the AboveTopSecret thread on this). Then it turned out when they released it, there was nothing "interesting" on that flight. Maybe there WAS something "interesting" on that flight. As an aside, gold is often moved around from place to place on aircraft, but I dont think it was gold which was the interesting cargo.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:29 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
My own intuition and gut feeling lead me to believe in pilot suicide as well.
The fact that his simulator at home showed a scenario of heading out into the Indian Ocean until the fuel ran out speaks powerfully to that, needless to say.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:27 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
The fact that his simulator at home showed a scenario of heading out into the Indian Ocean until the fuel ran out speaks powerfully to that, needless to say.
Holy catfish! I didn't even know that. Now I am 100 percent convinced.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:42 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Pilots often 'play' with flight simulators at home and if they are passionate about flying, then they explore different scenarios.

If you wanted to point to the pilot being the cause of this tragedy then you would naturally want to show he was thinking about such a possibility before the event. As evidence for this, there are so many convenient clues to all the huge mysteries from the shooting of JFK to other more recent events. But, of course, it happens just like in the movies and TV shows. The detective gets the right guy in the end.

Nothing to see here folks, it is obvious what happened. The butler did it. Now move along.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:57 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
And he had the flight plan to land on Diego Garcia. Which was where direction wise the plane was headed when it was last seen by witnesses in The Maldives at a very low altitude. And where debris found indicated it went down.
Ditched at sea close to Diego Garcia. Had they only looked there initially they'd have found it and the black box. Instead they faked a search way too far to the east.

Old 12-25-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
And he had the flight plan to land on Diego Garcia. Which was where direction wise the plane was headed when it was last seen by witnesses in The Maldives at a very low altitude. And where debris found indicated it went down.
Ditched at sea close to Diego Garcia. Had they only looked there initially they'd have found it and the black box. Instead they faked a search way too far to the east.

I wouldn't call it a fake search. A lot of time and effort went into it, and didn't a private company do their own search after the "official" one? My memory's fading on that, but I remember that initially, they didn't even know which direction the plane had gone in, after it passed over Malaysia heading west: they were saying it could have gone anywhere along a certain arc: either toward Pakistan, perhaps skirting the Himalayas, or southward into the southern Indian Ocean. There were rumors it could have landed either in Pakistan or in one of the ex-Soviet "stans": Kyrgyzstan bordering the western end of the Himalayas, as I recall.

They spent a lot of time scrambling to figure out the direction of the plane. Eventually they settled on a southern trajectory.

He had the flight plan to DG? Where did that tidbit of info come from?

Old 12-25-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't call it a fake search. A lot of time and effort went into it, and didn't a private company do their own search after the "official" one? My memory's fading on that, but I remember that initially, they didn't even know which direction the plane had gone in, after it passed over Malaysia heading west: they were saying it could have gone anywhere along a certain arc: either toward Pakistan, perhaps skirting the Himalayas, or southward into the southern Indian Ocean. There were rumors it could have landed either in Pakistan or in one of the ex-Soviet "stans": Kyrgyzstan bordering the western end of the Himalayas, as I recall.

They spent a lot of time scrambling to figure out the direction of the plane. Eventually they settled on a southern trajectory.

He had the flight plan to DG? Where did that tidbit of info come from?
I did a search for the engineer that was mentioned in the last link I posted and found this story that supposedly was just released 17 hours ago: https://londonnewstime.com/mh370s-br...g-jets/579504/.

I hope they are right, but the article is still a little confusing. If the information is correct we might be able to finally close this mystery without the help of aliens!

Old 12-25-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I did a search for the engineer that was mentioned in the last link I posted and found this story that supposedly was just released 17 hours ago: https://londonnewstime.com/mh370s-br...g-jets/579504/.

I hope they are right, but the article is still a little confusing. If the information is correct we might be able to finally close this mystery without the help of aliens!
I had a hard time understanding the article. It reads like a rough translation from some other language. Could you explain what it's saying? There was a breakthrough someone (?) made, by tracking .... what? And what technology was used? Why wasn't this used before, is it something new? Who is this guy claiming he's made a breakthrough?

And if someone in the Oceanography Dept. of an Australian university "knew" where the best search location was, or had a theory, why didn't the Australian team look there? There was an Australian search company that joined the effort, IIRC.

Old 12-25-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I had a hard time understanding the article. It reads like a rough translation from some other language. Could you explain what it's saying? There was a breakthrough someone (?) made, by tracking .... what? And what technology was used? Why wasn't this used before, is it something new? Who is this guy claiming he's made a breakthrough?

And if someone in the Oceanography Dept. of an Australian university "knew" where the best search location was or had a theory, why didn't the Australian team look there? There was an Australian search company that joined the effort, IIRC.
I agree the article in that link was hard to follow. I simply did a search of the engineer that was mentioned in the last link I posted (https://nypost.com/2021/11/10/engine...re-vanishing/?).

Here is another link to the same engineer's story: https://www.theweek.co.uk/news/world...aysia-airlines. In that link, that was posted on the 6th of this month, I quote: "The area he now believes the plane crashed is a 40 nautical mile radius.....". Hopefully, that will head searchers into the right area.

PS Merry Xmas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal