Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 09:41 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...tilations.html

Pretty crazy to hear a vet say what this one said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 10:29 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Did you read the Skeptoid post towards the bottom of the article:

“Most particularly birds, and also some insects, will always go first for the exposed soft tissue: eyes, tongue, lips and mouth area, genitals. The animal is dead with zero blood pressure so there is never significant bleeding from post mortem wounds. The body is in the process of drying and decaying, so skin pulls tight from around the excised area, giving the impression of a perfect surgical cut.”

Did we ever hear from any ranchers about the insurance payout? We wanted to find out if any ranchers are receiving any insurance money on these claims.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Did you read the Skeptoid post towards the bottom of the article:

“Most particularly birds, and also some insects, will always go first for the exposed soft tissue: eyes, tongue, lips and mouth area, genitals. The animal is dead with zero blood pressure so there is never significant bleeding from post mortem wounds. The body is in the process of drying and decaying, so skin pulls tight from around the excised area, giving the impression of a perfect surgical cut.”

Did we ever hear from any ranchers about the insurance payout? We wanted to find out if any ranchers are receiving any insurance money on these claims.
hmmm, I wonder why this vet, and so many others (who are very educated in science/biology) are baffled or at a loss with these cases then?

If the explanation is that simple, why is 'cattle mutilation' even a thing? If this is what happens to ALL animals that die...how are they differentiating between 'normal deaths and mutilation cases'?

From everything I read about the insurance aspect, the cattle owners take it as a loss.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
hmmm, I wonder why this vet, and so many others (who are very educated in science/biology) are baffled or at a loss with these cases then?

If the explanation is that simple, why is 'cattle mutilation' even a thing? If this is what happens to ALL animals that die...how are they differentiating between 'normal deaths and mutilation cases'?
There could be other issues. If a vet works mainly with ranchers they have a vested interest in continuing to work with those ranchers. Since they would not be 100% sure of what caused the death of an animal and insurance money is as stake for the rancher, would they not possibly error in favor of helping the rancher get the insurance?

I don't know the answer to all of these 'mutilation' cases. But I do know that most are natural causes according to those that have studied what happens to a dead cow. Of course there can be other causes, but you need the evidence to support that speculation and we do not have any in most cases.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There could be other issues. If a vet works mainly with ranchers they have a vested interest in continuing to work with those ranchers. Since they would not be 100% sure of what caused the death of an animal and insurance money is as stake for the rancher, would they not possibly error in favor of helping the rancher get the insurance?

I don't know the answer to all of these 'mutilation' cases. But I do know that most are natural causes according to those that have studied what happens to a dead cow. Of course there can be other causes, but you need the evidence to support that speculation and we do not have any in most cases.
I dont know the answers either, I just know there is something strange going on and they can differentiate between a normal death and a mutilation case...that alone proves there is SOMETHING going on that is different.

Im not saying its 'aliens or bigfoot'...but i dont think its something normal either.

As to vets helping the ranchers...noting the death as 'natural/normal' would be in the ranchers favor... to call it a 'mutilation case' means no insurance money.

***Im almost positive they cannot make an insurance claim on a mutilation case...for starters, the cause of death is unknown, ( i very much doubt insurance will pay out on that), they would want to be sure of cause of death before paying, just like any other insurance claim, whether its your house or car...insurance company has to have FACTS before issuing a pay out.

The other thing being, in every 'mutilation case' Ive read about, the cattle owner considers it a financial loss, (so Im doubtful they are receiving ins money), most even say that..."this is a huge monetary loss", thats why they want answers to this.

I will try to find out about the insurance on this though, I am interested in how 'livestock insurance' views this phenomenon, surely there are some farmers on CD?

Old 04-24-2021, 04:01 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,477,919 times
Odd how certain areas are more prone to these mutilations, and that they come and go in waves. It reminds me of UFO sightings and how they come in waves, or "flaps" as they are sometimes called.

Old 04-24-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Odd how certain areas are more prone to these mutilations, and that they come and go in waves. It reminds me of UFO sightings and how they come in waves, or "flaps" as they are sometimes called.
The weather could be a big player in the 'waves'. Insects and carnivores are affected by the elements. An example would be last year in Louisiana: https://www.newsweek.com/blood-sucki...t-gift-1531142. Sometimes it is not the creatures that eat meat, but the vegetation. Here is a link to what happened in Missouri after weather increased the amount of white clover in the pastures: https://www.farmprogress.com/livesto...ouri-cow-herds. Keep in mind that bloat has been associated with what many describe as surgical cuts in cow mutilations.

Old 04-24-2021, 06:40 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
I wonder if it depends on the prevailing winds.

If, for example, the military were doing testing at point A and wanted to know how the environment was affected downwind of the tests. Radiation emitted at point A might effect the ability to reproduce or might mutate the genes. This might be why so many cows have their udders and sex organs removed and the anus removed to test the output of eating the grass the radiation(for example) has landed on. Ears could be taken as a 'control' of what gets absorbed into the body generally. Abductees are harvested for sperm and ova which may be tested for viability to find out if we are losing the ability to reproduce - which we are.

Old 04-24-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I wonder if it depends on the prevailing winds.

If, for example, the military were doing testing at point A and wanted to know how the environment was affected downwind of the tests. Radiation emitted at point A might effect the ability to reproduce or might mutate the genes. This might be why so many cows have their udders and sex organs removed and the anus removed to test the output of eating the grass the radiation(for example) has landed on. Ears could be taken as a 'control' of what gets absorbed into the body generally. Abductees are harvested for sperm and ova which may be tested for viability to find out if we are losing the ability to reproduce - which we are.
If this was military they would simply cremate the carcasses and nobody would know. I worked for a company that had a cremator that was capable of cremating horses and cows many years ago. I remember that it burned nine gallons of oil an hour and was extremely hot. That was back in the late 1960's.

Old 04-24-2021, 09:50 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
It's a migration path. Central Americas Flyway with a few occasional deviations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal