Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 10:05 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,134,540 times

Advertisements

I have regularly been seeing apparitions of dog like figures. Sometimes regular faces. They appear, and when i move or turn away they vanish. This is usally after a dream which in most cases is weird or slightly nightmarish. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 10:54 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I have regularly been seeing apparitions of dog like figures. Sometimes regular faces. They appear, and when i move or turn away they vanish. This is usally after a dream which in most cases is weird or slightly nightmarish. Any ideas?
Do you mean dogs, or 'dog like' figures?

Are you seeing 'hybrid' faces, like dog/human, or ?

Old 04-28-2021, 10:57 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,134,540 times
yes.

Old 04-28-2021, 11:33 AM

Keep your eyes open, you may have a real life encounter in the near future.

Listening to Josh Turner on Paranormal Round table, they talk about Dogmen frequently, Ive heard many a witness say that before and after their encounter, they had regular nightmares and dreams about these creatures.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:40 AM

396 posts, read 416,997 times
Take a photo next time you see this. Oh wait.....

Old 04-29-2021, 04:51 PM

855 posts, read 623,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
The fact that these images appear usually after a dream reminds me of
something called a 'hypnopompic hallucination'.

I have had these happen upon waking, usually appearing in the form
of a complex pattern of cracks that cover the walls and ceiling of my
room. They're so realistic in how they conform to the actual
dimensions and angles of the room, so that they seem as though
they're really there rather than just a projection from my mind. As I
grow more awake, they fade away. But they seem so real, initially.

Of course, this is only one explanation.

-

Old 04-29-2021, 08:42 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
Can you give more information so that if anyone has the same phenomena at some point in the future, it will help to validate their own experience.

Some people suggest we ask how we can help these beings? Fear is something which needs to be overcome if possible as some beings are said to 'feed' off of it. This is why they try to scare us apparently. I think that is the purpose of asking how we can help, to reduce or eliminate the emotional fear reaction and to bring it more towards a left brain logical solution.

Do you 'see' other things as well? Are you psychic and is this just one aspect of your ability? If so, it might be a being from another energy level which you can see with your regular eyes or your senses are telling you this is there and your brain is interpreting the senses being stimulated as 'sight'. Psychic people perceive spirit-related stuff in different ways.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _burrito View Post
Take a photo next time you see this. Oh wait.....
Good one!! HA HA

Old 05-02-2021, 03:14 PM

19 posts, read 94,103 times
I've only had one encounter with an apparition.

We moved into a large, three story, 100 year old home and as the only girl (with 8 brothers) I got the attic bedroom which was very cool! There was a big door to the third floor that allowed me to shut out the whole world. Up a dark circular set of stairs (no lights) there was my bedroom off a small corridor.

The room itself was quite small and the roof line made it a very cramped space but it had a cute window seat with an old bench/drawer unit that made it possible to look down on the old street outside. I loved the street light below... it illuminated my room at night with a soft glow.

There was an ancient cast iron double bed tucked into the overhanging ceiling with just enough room for a nightstand on one side and an antique dresser/mirror tucked into an alcove on the other side. The bedroom furnishings came with the house because they had been painted and repainted so many times over the decades that it could no longer be dismantled. It was chipped white enamel paint and I adored it.

One morning, a Saturday, I woke at dawn for no reason. Glancing at the time (think of the clock in Ground Hog Day) I rejoiced that there were hours left to sleep. But as I rolled back over I caught a glimpse of a man standing at my closed bedroom door!

Less than six feet away, he just stood there looking at me. His right hand was resting on the door handle as though he was about to leave and his left hand hung at his side, very relaxed looking. I was dumbfounded but I sensed nothing sinister. Just weird!

He appeared to be in his 60's, moderately overweight, with a mostly bald head, just fringe around the side. While he was dressed in a white collared shirt and dark dress slacks with a belt, he wore no tie. He just seemed to be recently home from work and deciding whether to leave what I felt was his room.

I wasn't alarmed but I was fascinated. As I stared at him, he seemed to be fading. I checked the clock several times to confirm that I wasn't in some kind of dream state but he just evaporating. How disappointing! I was sitting bolt upright at that point and I remember smacking both hands down on the bed to feel myself in the present.

It wasn't the only episode with the paranormal but that was the only experience I had with seeing what I guess could be called a ghost. At the time I had no way of researching who had lived in that lovely old home. Too bad.

Old 05-03-2021, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfitzga View Post
I've only had one encounter with an apparition.

We moved into a large, three story, 100 year old home and as the only girl (with 8 brothers) I got the attic bedroom which was very cool! There was a big door to the third floor that allowed me to shut out the whole world. Up a dark circular set of stairs (no lights) there was my bedroom off a small corridor.

The room itself was quite small and the roof line made it a very cramped space but it had a cute window seat with an old bench/drawer unit that made it possible to look down on the old street outside. I loved the street light below... it illuminated my room at night with a soft glow.

There was an ancient cast iron double bed tucked into the overhanging ceiling with just enough room for a nightstand on one side and an antique dresser/mirror tucked into an alcove on the other side. The bedroom furnishings came with the house because they had been painted and repainted so many times over the decades that it could no longer be dismantled. It was chipped white enamel paint and I adored it.

One morning, a Saturday, I woke at dawn for no reason. Glancing at the time (think of the clock in Ground Hog Day) I rejoiced that there were hours left to sleep. But as I rolled back over I caught a glimpse of a man standing at my closed bedroom door!

Less than six feet away, he just stood there looking at me. His right hand was resting on the door handle as though he was about to leave and his left hand hung at his side, very relaxed looking. I was dumbfounded but I sensed nothing sinister. Just weird!

He appeared to be in his 60's, moderately overweight, with a mostly bald head, just fringe around the side. While he was dressed in a white collared shirt and dark dress slacks with a belt, he wore no tie. He just seemed to be recently home from work and deciding whether to leave what I felt was his room.

I wasn't alarmed but I was fascinated. As I stared at him, he seemed to be fading. I checked the clock several times to confirm that I wasn't in some kind of dream state but he just evaporating. How disappointing! I was sitting bolt upright at that point and I remember smacking both hands down on the bed to feel myself in the present.

It wasn't the only episode with the paranormal but that was the only experience I had with seeing what I guess could be called a ghost. At the time I had no way of researching who had lived in that lovely old home. Too bad.
Was he actually looking at you, or looking in your direction (or was it possible to tell that?)

From what Ive heard of others that this type of sighting, I cannot think of many where the 'ghost' is aware of the person, most of them, seem to be people seeing this ghost (but the ghost either doesnt see them or doesnt acknowledge their presence.

If it was actually looking at you...then I dont think this can be explained as easily as 'past events playing themselves out', or like a form of energy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal